Future of the german servers..

Wkw

they should make it so when you first login to a German server it asks some common German question to know if your German or not like it asks what is one plus five minus three or something of that sort in German to tell if your German

Plop the sentence into a translator and you got instant access

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Translations aren't always perfect =p

As long as you have an Iq higher then an ape, I'm sure you could figure it out :wink:

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

Not enough german players play, i think more people speak dutch than german.

Still, jagex wants to appeal to the whole world, just thinking: Imagine chinese worlds, LOL.

Klashmere

F2P PURE created on New Years

Please shut up with the talk about it being an offence to talk English on a German server, what a bunch of idiots maybe we should also ban people that speak a language other then English on the English servers.

If JaGeX sets any of these rules they would be stupid like most of the comments on this post, the servers are in German to help people that can read English, that's the only reason and if you can't read germane it should and will not stop you playing on these server and nor should it ever :notalk:

Why should only people that can read and write in German get servers to themselves, that's like telling them they can't speak German or any other language on English servers so the above post is a load of crap to.

Theres one thing everyone's over looked: the random events like the mysterious old giving you the box. Most English players on the German servers will be screwed if you get this. the only way to get around this is translate square, triangle., into German and remember what they are in German. If not, then the boxes will just start piling up until they completely fill your inventory. Just a question that regards what I just said, can you log out with the mysterious boxes in your inventory. If you can't, that's good, if you can, you shouldn't be able to.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Theres one thing everyone's over looked: the random events like the mysterious old giving you the box. Most English players on the German servers will be screwed if you get this. the only way to get around this is translate square, triangle., into German and remember what they are in German. If not, then the boxes will just start piling up until they completely fill your inventory. Just a question that regards what I just said, can you log out with the mysterious boxes in your inventory. If you can't, that's good, if you can, you shouldn't be able to.

Yes I have been spinning 12k flax on the German server, had sandwich lady loads and mysterious old man get through it all easy, added risk but worth it if you can guess what they are saying :-w

I had a mystery box, the answer was square and one of the options started with "quad" so I just guessed that and got it right.

Slayer is fun in German =P

A lot of people play there for less competition for resources and less pkers if you are abyss crafting.

like me! :wink:

And we :thumbsup: .

P.S.German's don't "own" the servers, just easier when theres nobody at the busiest spots.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Translations aren't always perfect =p

As long as you have an Iq higher then an ape, I'm sure you could figure it out :wink:

There's the catch...

I don't know if the servers were a good idea, to me RS in dutch would be pretty stupid, perhaps the germans feel different.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Yes, but I feel like it is wrong for the english only people to go there and say "omg speak englich u noob". It is a german server, and I have nothing wrong with people talking in english or german. It is those people who DEMAND that everyone speak english so they know what is going on..

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Yes, but I feel like it is wrong for the english only people to go there and say "omg speak englich u noob". It is a german server, and I have nothing wrong with people talking in english or german. It is those people who DEMAND that everyone speak english so they know what is going on..

You get noobs all the time you don't have to do what they say, so what your problem people have been saying stuff like that since the beginning of time.

I really can't understand what you want to come out of this, all the people of the first page are talking crap about how you should not speak english on the server's i mean what a load of poo <.<

I just don't want alot of non german speaking people on there. It makeas them look stupid, because they are ther only one in bank speaking english lol

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

When I asked "Sprecht sie Deutsch?" Do you speak German?, people said "wut?" "nope"

Ummm...Maybe that's cuz you only asked the girls lol?

"Sprecht sie Deutsch" literally means "to the females: Do you speak German?"

Lol srry for nitpicking, but I haven't been on the German servers except for a couple seconds. My theory to explain this is that people are just going there to have a un-crowded world.

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

When I asked "Sprecht sie Deutsch?" Do you speak German?, people said "wut?" "nope"

Ummm...Maybe that's cuz you only asked the girls lol?

"Sprecht sie Deutsch" literally means "to the females: Do you speak German?"

Lol srry for nitpicking, but I haven't been on the German servers except for a couple seconds. My theory to explain this is that people are just going there to have a un-crowded world.

yea, but if you say "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?" that would be do you speak German (formally)...lol i know only a limited amount of German. Miles almost got me, when i got him in German, i didn't know what some of the words meant :) , but luckily i just got Helmet, which is "Helm" in German :D

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

yea, but if you say "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?" that would be do you speak German (formally)...lol i know only a limited amount of German. Miles almost got me, when i got him in German, i didn't know what some of the words meant , but luckily i just got Helmet, which is "Helm" in German

~Ddaanniiellh

Or you could say "Sprechen sie Deutsch?" (emphasis on lowercase s) cuz that would say "Do you(plural) speak German?"

:lol:

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

some germans might not have answered because they thought you wouldnt speck german anyway. (take "Sprichst du Deutsch?" or "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?" next time)

and a lot dont know about the german servers yet

Or you could not be lazy, hop to an english server,and solve it there.

I myself find that I have to hop from German -> English if I want something that requires me to buy it from the black market

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

The thing is that there are some problems with German as a language for RS.

How are u gonna say "buying lobbies"? In English, theres actually not much more than just Lobster for a whole bunch of animals, which in German all have separate names, so for simplicitys sake people are gonna use lobbies rather than Hummer.

The biggest problem are the skills. Reading through the Highscores in German, I almost fell off my chair laughing. The translations are SO way off, its just funny. But what u gonna do? There just is no translation for Firemaking or Mining.

I cant think of a translation for a big whole lot of things in RS, so I guess that people will use the English names forever.

However, I do see a future for German servers. Because of the horrible teaching in English (heck, Im in 11th grade and were supposed to do stuff about Aborigines :wall: thank god Im a RS player, so I dont really have to participate in the lessons :D ) most Germans are not exactly good at English and German servers are the best way to expand into that market.

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

i went on the german server for fun and got a blk mark found out you can say certain words the wrong way lol

but still only one person came up to me and asked to buy my d axe in german otherwise its all english people

i know some german so thats why i checked it out otherwise they should make you take a german test or soemthing, but people would use translators or something

they should make it so when you first login to a German server it asks some common German question to know if your German or not like it asks what is one plus five minus three or something of that sort in German to tell if your German

Plop the sentence into a translator and you got instant access

well then it should have a time limit because if you can read German it should be spontaneous not go to a translator site write down each word to put in translator then do the math then type the answer

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"