Billy Mays dead at the age of 50.

The Observer

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/s ... ertainment

Infomercial pitchman Billy Mays dies at 50

Updated Sun. Jun. 28 2009 12:49 PM ET

The Associated Press

TAMPA, Fla. -- Billy Mays, the television pitchman known for his boisterous hawking of products such as Orange Glo and OxiClean, has died. He was 50.

Authorities said Mays was pronounced dead Sunday morning after being found by his wife at home. There were no signs of a break-in, and investigators do not suspect foul play. The coroner's office expects to have an autopsy done by Monday afternoon.

Mays' wife, Deborah Mays, says the family doesn't expect to make any public statements and asked for privacy.

Mays was also featured on the reality TV show "Pitchmen" on the Discovery Channel, which followed Mays and Anthony Sullivan in their marketing jobs.

Discovery Channel spokeswoman Elizabeth Hillman released a statement Sunday extending sympathy to the Mays family.

"Everyone that knows him was aware of his larger-than-life personality, generosity and warmth," Hillman's statement said.

"Billy was a pioneer in his field and helped many people fulfil their dreams. He will be greatly missed as a loyal and compassionate friend."

Alternate link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31596003/ns/us_news-life/

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/ ... 6879.story

--

Hard to believe myself.

RIP :(

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure its true, several other independant sources are discussing it as well. google it.

Crap, thats 3 famous deaths this week. NO MORE OXYCLEAN!!!!!

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I'm pretty sure this is true, there are dozens of other newsites with the same story on it. (But you're right if it was just Fox I wouldn't trust it!)

This is pretty horrible. Oddly I just read an article about Billy Mays on a plane (one of those cheap plane magazines) about 20 hours ago while returning home from my vacation, which basically went over his entire life in a nutshell. It made me really respect him reading the article.

It's pretty creepy considering I was on a plane reading that article and that Billy May's death was most likely caused a plane. :? Almost like a connection... gives me a chilling feeling.

Oh and I'm pretty sure it was Vince, the Shamwow guy that was piloting that plane Billy was on.

:P

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I don't think the plane incident caused his death. It didn't injure anybody on the plane, just bruised some people up.

All the newstories I've seen seem to be vague about how exactly he died. They just mention an emergency plane landing earlier and that there was no forced entry into his house.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Micheal Jackson dead at 50. Billy Mays dead at 50.

Boy if I were a celebrity and around age 50 right now I'd be pretty scared.

dangsig.png

I don't think the plane incident caused his death. It didn't injure anybody on the plane, just bruised some people up.

All the newstories I've seen seem to be vague about how exactly he died. They just mention an emergency plane landing earlier and that there was no forced entry into his house.

Well I just read this:

Mays had just returned from Philadelphia, where he shot a new OxiClean commercial. He was a passenger aboard a plane that suffered a blown front tire upon landing. He told a local TV station, "All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping. It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

So maybe he doesn't have as hard a head as he thinks ;)

edit: the quotes got all messed up... fixed now

:cry:

Oxyclean guy...he was fun to watch in commercials.

Micheal Jackson dead at 50. Billy Mays dead at 50.

Boy if I were a celebrity and around age 50 right now I'd be pretty scared.

Hopefully no one is next.

Miley Cyrus next, Miley Cyrus next, Miley Cyrus next...

:pray:

Naw she's hawt. She'll have a sextape on her 18th birthday.

sighk.png

HE CANT BE DEAD! DAMNIT I WANT MORE JABOODY DUBS!

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I read an article bout him on a plane the other day. talking about how he sold life insurance now.

and about how much he had planned for his life within the next fifteen years, including charities and like, give back to people types of things.

DD:

Pretty sure its true, several other independant sources are discussing it as well. google it.

Crap, thats 3 famous deaths this week. NO MORE OXYCLEAN!!!!!

It's 4 deaths with Ed McMahon. :shock:

Pixeloaded.jpg

I hope this is a FOX joke I liked Pitchmen.

If it isn't Adam West better not be next. :ohnoes:

SHHHSUSSH!

Dont say anything and they wont die!

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I hope this is a FOX joke I liked Pitchmen.

If it isn't Adam West better not be next. :ohnoes:

SHHHSUSSH!

Dont say anything and they wont die!

I forgot about that magicial curse the one they used to talk about....