Offical Age of Conan thread

Nadril

Welcome to the offical Age of Conan thread!

Offical TIF server(s):

US PvP: Tyranny

EU PvP: (forgot)

[Review removed due to being misleading]

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level 61 now, got a few quests left (including alot of locked ones). 55-60 you run out of quests, 65-80 you run out of them again.

As for spellweaving, it's a raid spell, cool looking, but doesn't have any real use at the moment except for eye candy. Oh and each type of caster has a different animation apart from demo and necro, who have the same, the demo did have it's own though.

I've only played a Demonologist and Guardian so far, and a few things I can point out for anyone buying this game and thinking of starting either, at the moment, the Demonologist is a fussy bunny, dies easily, and doesn't do an amazing amount of damage. Guardian will breeze through the game very quickly when you start getting some good armour. It's a real shame there's not many real group dungeons, Sanctum of the burning souls was great, but the 50-60 dungeon, Cistern and Main System, are public and has really long spawns (I waited 40 mins for a boss to spawn at one point...) Can't wait for the planned new regions though.

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Woot finally got to play this game! Been playing for about 2.5-3 days now and i LOVE IT. It pwns WoW's face 10 times over.

My Character:

Name: Malawi

Server: Tyranny

Level: 38

Class: Dark Templar

Race: Anquolian

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

review is pretty great nadril.The achilles heal for this mmo is the current lack of end game content which i think shows naievety from funcom not to just have more from the outset.If they took the same approach as blizzard that level cap is where the true game begins i think AOC would become something special which i'd upgrade a pc to play, at the moment its not their and by the time its released its stepping into WOTLK territority.

I think the storys on tyranny on the pvp antics is awesomely funny like capped characters becoming gatekeepers making people give them there loincloths to cross a bridge then they just kill them anyway.Oh and ive heard that the priest(of mitra?)class is ridonculously over powered?

tifsdac6mc.gif

Hmm, I'll DEFINITELY be getting the game as soon as I get my paycheck and order a 9600GT. \'

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Most advanced combo - 7keys ... Dam thats upsetting ...

But yeah nice review.

Yeah, 7 keys is pretty hardcore. Good thing you can save the last key and hit it when the enemy is close.

Level 61 now, got a few quests left (including alot of locked ones). 55-60 you run out of quests, 65-80 you run out of them again.

As for spellweaving, it's a raid spell, cool looking, but doesn't have any real use at the moment except for eye candy. Oh and each type of caster has a different animation apart from demo and necro, who have the same, the demo did have it's own though.

I've only played a Demonologist and Guardian so far, and a few things I can point out for anyone buying this game and thinking of starting either, at the moment, the Demonologist is a fussy bunny, dies easily, and doesn't do an amazing amount of damage. Guardian will breeze through the game very quickly when you start getting some good armour. It's a real shame there's not many real group dungeons, Sanctum of the burning souls was great, but the 50-60 dungeon, Cistern and Main System, are public and has really long spawns (I waited 40 mins for a boss to spawn at one point...) Can't wait for the planned new regions though.

I've heard that they lowered the spawn time on some bosses, but not sure if Main system was one of them. I agree though, place sucks.

Woot finally got to play this game! Been playing for about 2.5-3 days now and i LOVE IT. It pwns WoW's face 10 times over.

My Character:

Name: Malawi

Server: Tyranny

Level: 38

Class: Dark Templar

Race: Anquolian

Cool, I'll message you in game.

review is pretty great nadril.The achilles heal for this mmo is the current lack of end game content which i think shows naievety from funcom not to just have more from the outset.If they took the same approach as blizzard that level cap is where the true game begins i think AOC would become something special which i'd upgrade a pc to play, at the moment its not their and by the time its released its stepping into WOTLK territority.

I think the storys on tyranny on the pvp antics is awesomely funny like capped characters becoming gatekeepers making people give them there loincloths to cross a bridge then they just kill them anyway.Oh and ive heard that the priest(of mitra?)class is ridonculously over powered?

They have focused on end game content and the game does have a large focus on that. There are already a few guilds raiding and such. The main problem is that while the content is there, there simply aren't enough quests over some of the higher end levels. It's a problem that is going to be getting fixed really quickly.

Also, by WoTLK Age of Conan will have had around 5-6 months or so of polish, which means it will be a major threat to it. AoC already apeals much more to the hardcore PvPer than WoW does, and I don't think WoTLK is going to change that.

Also, priest of mitras (while powerful) are only OP at some levels. From what I understand it's actually pretty damn balanced @ 80, which is more than blizzard can say at times. As far as the 1-79 game goes balance shifts a bit. Like, for example, assassins are really OP like 1-30 then sort of suck in PvP from 40-70 then get powerful again.

Hmm, I'll DEFINITELY be getting the game as soon as I get my paycheck and order a 9600GT.

Awesome. Be sure to play on Tyranny :)

WoW =p Great review I thought Nadril.

I think I would agree with pretty much all of the things that you have said there in your review.

The first 20Levels really do help bringing you into this game, like an original person with your own little story although I can imagen that after a couple of characters go though it can be quite tiredsom.

On to the spellweaving animation theres a video on YouTube recording someone do something like the one that you described and it look brilliant, makes me want to level a mage.

Anyway im up to level 28 I think now which isn't to far from my level 30 target at the end of this week. Any suggestions of where to go after Wild Lands.

One think I have heard about Guadians though is that the high level armour sucks visually, which I really hope that they change and make it look really beasty and real.

Par from that I have very little problems with the game, no crashes, only a few bug deaths and good to see that there slowly fixing and improving everything so far. Definatly recommend this to anyone.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

WoW =p Great review I thought Nadril.

I think I would agree with pretty much all of the things that you have said there in your review.

The first 20Levels really do help bringing you into this game, like an original person with your own little story although I can imagen that after a couple of characters go though it can be quite tiredsom.

On to the spellweaving animation theres a video on YouTube recording someone do something like the one that you described and it look brilliant, makes me want to level a mage.

Anyway im up to level 28 I think now which isn't to far from my level 30 target at the end of this week. Any suggestions of where to go after Wild Lands.

One think I have heard about Guadians though is that the high level armour sucks visually, which I really hope that they change and make it look really beasty and real.

Par from that I have very little problems with the game, no crashes, only a few bug deaths and good to see that there slowly fixing and improving everything so far. Definatly recommend this to anyone.

I would go to khopshef providence (stygia) or Conal's vally next.

Also the armor on my conq is very nice visually, its level 40 blue armor from the Sanctum.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Havent really been to any of the big instances yet, so it shall be interesting to see how they pan out.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Havent really been to any of the big instances yet, so it shall be interesting to see how they pan out.

np. And you are on the EU servers, right? If so which one so I can put it up as an "offical" one.

My tempest of set is up to level ~26 now, the thing just rapes face. It's also funny how many people I can get over to my side, even after pissing them off immensely, through sheer logic.

For example the other day I was level 20 on my ToS, just got to khopshef providence. I was out and about doing my quests when I thought I saw a level 18. Now, you guys would know that its pretty much impossible for a lvl 18 to be running around and it was, in fact, a level 28 conqueror.

Well I attack anyways and do a good chunk of damage to this guy -- it turned out he was running around with frenzy stance. He starts running off and tries to make it to the water. Being a ranged class, however, I finish him off in the water.

Then the following conversation ensued (roughly):

Me: Hahahahaha.

Me: 8 levels lower, GG.

Him: How did you hit me?

Me: What do you mean?

Him: How did you hit me, you're 8 levels lower!

Me: you're bad

Him: Your class is so OP, you shouldn't be able to do that!!!

Me: No, you're bad

Him: what!?

Me: Pro tip - don't run around in frenzy stance you [bleep]ing moron

Him: That doesn't matter! You're 8 levels lower than me!!!

Me: Also, I enjoyed the little run to the water - cute

Him: Tempest of Set are so OP

Me: I play a conq, don't run around in frenzy stance dude it's stupid.

Him: that shouldn't matter!

Me: It does. I don't know if it is a bug or what but don't PvP in frenzy stance

Him: Really?

Me: Yeah, learn to stance dance. Like I will Frenzy stance > Batter aside (knockdown) > Feint attack (big combo) and then turn it off

So we proceed to talk about various uses of the stances.

Him: Thanks for the help.

:lol: . Also, the actual conversation probably contained much more swearing -- but its censored for your virgin ears ( :o ). Good thing about the M rating, Funcom doesn't punish for bad language -- they only step in if people start using racial slurs and such.

I did something [developmentally delayed]ed. Messing with my comp i seem to of fried the Mobo. New one is ordered but i can't get on AoC for a few days! Ugh i hate it! I need to ding 40!

Nadril, is it any easier to get money at 40+? 1 silver in this game = 1 gold in WoW. Crazy tough.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

I did something [developmentally delayed]. Messing with my comp i seem to of fried the Mobo. New one is ordered but i can't get on AoC for a few days! Ugh i hate it! I need to ding 40!

Nadril, is it any easier to get money at 40+? 1 silver in this game = 1 gold in WoW. Crazy tough.

It does get a bit easier. I was able to aford my mount (2g mount 1g training = 3g) by level 56 or so.

Hah, and what were you messing with it for? :lol:

PS: everyone should read THIS! It's the newest newsletter for age of conan, detailing their plans for PvP and all sorts of stuff -- [bleep]ing awesome.

Ah idk, just trying to pimp it out more. Having to order a new Mobo made me order 4GB more RAM though....8GB Ram now...cant wait to test it out.

I have a Rhino already from preorder, but i do want a horse. I think at level 37 i am just at like 15-20 SILVER...LOL. Those updates sound great, can't wait.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

I play on the Dagon EU PvE server if you wana add that to 1 vote on the "official" EU server for tifers, not sure what the other people from here play.

Back on Main System, just had a run there, there's a temple place at the back of it for 59+ (mobs are 59-62). Got a quest there to kill 3 bosses, good place, always empty because groups get wiped easily there. Our run was going fine till a level 69 pulled all the mobs in the room (40+ of them) pulled them into us, he died, we took aggro, all got wiped. Waste of 40 mins. Was extremely annoyed.. Oh well, I'll get a few guild members to do a run in there tomorow, would love to see what those 3 bosses drop as they're all casters, I would love some level 50+ good caster gear.

I think at level 37 i am just at like 15-20 SILVER...LOL.

How the heck have you got that low amount? Think at level 28 ive got 58 or maybe 28 ive forgotten.

On the news of the EU server I said Wildsoul first but dont know if you want to put the other persons server to.

Nad did you choose early access then instead of the pre order? Cause I ordered mein the day after Play said not to give any mound codes out and still got it. So only be 1g for me though.

Thanks for the newsletter thingy, just found another site im going to keep upto date on now.

What would be the "best" mage type though? Really I just want to slow try all of the types and try to get to that spellweaving thing.

I think at level 37 i am just at like 15-20 SILVER...LOL.

How the heck have you got that low amount? Think at level 28 ive got 58 or maybe 28 ive forgotten.

On the news of the EU server I said Wildsoul first but dont know if you want to put the other persons server to.

Nad did you choose early access then instead of the pre order? Cause I ordered mein the day after Play said not to give any mound codes out and still got it. So only be 1g for me though.

Thanks for the newsletter thingy, just found another site im going to keep upto date on now.

What would be the "best" mage type though? Really I just want to slow try all of the types and try to get to that spellweaving thing.

Um, dude, at level 28, you will NOT have 58s, and I doubt even 28s. If you're hoping you'll get enough for a horse at 40, you'll be wrong, you need a total of 3g (2g horse + 1g skill) you will be approx level 55 when you reach that much, I got my horse at level 58, but I donated over 1g to my guild. Once you hit 60+ money starts racking up really easily too.

Ha my mistake only got 12Silver, dont know where I got that number from, sorry.

Well you dont have to ride a horse do you though just for general transportation do you?

Ive got the Rhino mound although on my account from pre ordering the game so surely it should only be 1Gold to beable to use it, or well I havent a clue. Ill find out when ill get to that level.

Ha my mistake only got 12Silver, dont know where I got that number from, sorry.

Well you dont have to ride a horse do you though just for general transportation do you?

Ive got the Rhino mound although on my account from pre ordering the game so surely it should only be 1Gold to beable to use it, or well I havent a clue. Ill find out when ill get to that level.

You don't need the 1g skill to ride the siege mounts. But, they are adding it so you get the skills for them with the /claim command, so when that patch comes out you'll have to type /claim again.

My tempest of Set is level 30 now, hehe hello OP grinding.

I can pull 10+ level 25 ish mobs and AoE them all down in like 10 seconds. I could actually probably handle like [bleep]ing 30 level 25's but can't find that many. :lol:

Soloed the chicken handler as well, *ahem*.

Chicken Handler is rough, man i tell ya....whew.

So i will be able to ride my rhino at lvl 40 without buying any training? Is the training for every mount, like general riding training or is it specialized for just the horse?

Ideally where should i be questing/grinding at level 40?

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg