Killing Avianses: a begginers guide!

Tansuo

This is my second ever guide, so any comments/rants are welcome

Aviansies:

What and Where are they?-

They are a flying bird like creature situated in the God Wars Dungeon. They are an Armadyl creature, so killing these will get your kill count for Armadyl up: refer to Soma2035's excellent GWD guide for background information: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=723497

Aviansies can only be killed with range or mage, the best option is range, as mage hardly does any damage, unless you are 90+

beycy.gif

Why Make a Guide on Them?-

Because these are the most frequent droppers of adamant bars in Runescape, if you get 10 drops of these (avianses drop 4 adamant bars at a time) you have 40 adamant bars, which is 100k!

Reccommended Levels:

70+ range or 90+ mage

70+ defense

70+ hitpoints

Required levels:

60 strength or 60 agility

What Should I Take (inventory):

You can either take bones to peaches tablets or prayer pots, i personally prefer bones to peaches, because you make more of a profit and you will have a constant supply of food, whereas prayer pots a a one use thing!

You should also take, some food (incase you get hit before you are ready), nature runes, a fire staff, range pots (if you want, i reccommend) and if you want a teleport out of the dungeon (i use the home teleport, as it takes up no iventory space. If you are doing multiple trips take a games necklace, so you can teleport to burthorpe, bank in the warriors guild then go back to the GWD (add more food and range pots if you want, this is my set up show)

2624io7.gif

If you are praying, swap the bones to peaches tablets and the sharks for prayer pots, take more if you want.

What Should I Take (armour and weapons)

This is my inventory, I do not have 70 range, so I use the ideal set up for me (items can be changed to different gods, but have atleast an item of zamorak, saradomin and armadyl, bandos followers will not pose much of a threat). The bolts shown are emerald bolts, the helmet is a zamorak mitre, the cape is a saradomin cape (from mage arena) the necklace is an armadyl pendant (from the Temple of Ikov quest), the crossbow is a rune crossbow, the ring is a ring of wealth and the boots are climbing boots.

f012wy.gif

Here is (after asking people), the ideal set up. Again items can be changed but still have a god item from zamorak, armadyl and saradomin.

Cape

God cloak > Trimmed Skill Cape > Ava's Accumilator/Attractor > Anything

Hat

Karil/Verac/Archer or Blessed Coif > Mitre > Helm of Neitiznot > Anything

Blessed D'hide body > Black D'hide body > 3rd Age Ranged > Zamorak Robe top > any D'hide

Legs

Armadyl Legs > Black dragonhide/3rd Age Ranged/Blessed D'hide legs > Verac Skirt > Any D'hide legs

Boots:

Ranger boots > Snakeskin boots > Bandos boots > Climbing boots > Anything

Shield

Zamorak Book/Saradomin Book > Granite/Obby/Antidragon > Anything

Gloves

Blessed Vambraces > Barrows Gloves > Any D'hide vambs, preferably your best > Anything

Ring

Ring of Wealth > Archer Ring > Ring of Life > Anything

Amulet

God Stole/Armadyl Pendant/God Symbol > Amulet of Fury > Glory amulet

Bow & Bolts

Rune Crossbow + Emerald (e)/Adamant bolts (or ruby (e)/Mith bolts > Crystal bow/Dark bow (rune arrows/ adamant arrows (p) > Adamant crossbow and bolts > Bone bow + Bolts > Any good ranged weapon

What do they Drop Though?-

Avianses allways drop:

bones and feathers (1-10)

Avianses drop:

rune dagger (p+) and (p++)

dragon spear

rune spear (5)

blood rune (11)

nature rune (9-20)

water rune (15,30)

earth rune (8-12)

chaos rune (3,6,16)

law rune (2)

mind rune (5)

body rune (12)

runite limbs

adamaninte bars (always 4 noted)

antipoison (3 doses) x 5

uncut gems

half keys

dragon square shield left half

swordfish (5)

nature talisman

herbs

silver ore

clue scroll level 3

Avianses frequently drop adamanite bars, rune daggers, runes, runite limbs, swordfish and clue scrolls. This makes them highly popular!

How Do I Get to the God Wars Dungeon?-

Well it is simple really, there are three routes, which combine into one eventually (sorry the maps a bit big). To get there you must have completed Death Plateau AND (i reccommend) Troll Stronghold AND (i reccommend also) Eadgars Ruse.

Route 1- red

Route 2 - blue

Route 3 - yellow

(green X's indicated climbing boots are needed there, cream blob shows where the boulder is, read below about boulder)

2466o08.gif

Route 1, involves uses a games necklace to teleport to Burthorpe Games room, then running west to Sherpas hut. Then run north and over a pile of rocks !!MUST HAVE CLIMBING BOOTS ON!! then follow the path east, climbing ovver rocks twice, and through the troll arena where you fought Dad. then run north, through the gate and through the cave. Now follow the path round and protect from range once you get to the thrower trolls, take the first path north and push aside the boulder (requires 60 strength). In this area you stats slowly drain and you take damage of 1 every few seconds. Walk North-East and protect from melee, ice wolves here will do major damage. If this is you first time at the GWD you will need to place a rope at the entrance, and also talk to the injured knight there. Now climb into the GWD and head south to the Armadyl area. You can either use a mithril grapple to launch yourself across the gorge (is that whats its called) and into the Armadyl room, or kill the Aviansies out in the main area.

Route 2, involves teleporting to Trollheim and climbing down the mountain and following the path north, protecting from range (thrower trolls here). Now take the first path north, and push aside the boulder (requires 60 strength). In this area you stats slowly drain and you take damage of 1 every few seconds. Walk North-East and protect from melee, ice wolves here will do major damage. If this is you first time at the GWD you will need to place a rope at the entrance, and also talk to the injured knight there. Now climb into the GWD and head south to the Armadyl area. You can either use a mithril grapple to launch yourself across the gorge (is that whats its called) and into the Armadyl room, or kill the Aviansies out in the main area.

Route 3, involves running North-West through the wilderness from the Grand Exchange to a climbing place just west of the bandit camp. (you can also get here by teleporting to Bounty Hunter with a games necklace then running west). Climb up this, requires 60 agility !!MUST WEAR CLIMBING BOOTS!! and follow the path noth, protecting from range (thrower trolls), and take the first path north. Push aside the boulder, requires 60 strength. In this area you stats slowly drain and you take damage of 1 every few seconds. Walk North-East and protect from melee, ice wolves here will do major damage. If this is you first time at the GWD you will need to place a rope at the entrance, and also talk to the injured knight there. Now climb into the GWD and head south to the Armadyl area. You can either use a mithril grapple to launch yourself across the gorge (is that whats its called) and into the Armadyl room, or kill the Aviansies out in the main area.

Where to go in the GWD:-

Head south as soon as you enter, and you will encounter Aviansies and a few Saradomin warriors. If you wish you may use a mithril grapple to launch your self across the gorge into the Armadyl area (requires 70 ranged).

(map is from Tip.Its official God Wars Dungeon Guide: http://tip.it/runescape/?page=god_wars_dungeon.htm edited with arrows by me!)

Areas circle yellow contain Aviansies, area circled green is the Boss room, this room contains Kree'arra, a massive flying bird, who drops rare armadyl items and other things. See the link at the start of this guide for other information about the GWD

30t762c.png

Side notes:

Look out for the gorak or ice/firefiends which respawn near aviansies in the main room, let it attack the creature first then fire a few bolts at the aviansie, then go back to the one you were killing. You will get the drop for killing the aviansie, even though you attacked it about 3 times!

If you run out of food while fighting the aviansies (only use this if you use the bones to peaches method) run around and pick up bones of the floor, then you will have a full invent of peaches after you use a tablet.

Many of you will ask for xp/hour or adamant bars/hour, well it all depends on how effectivly you kill them. I get about 200 bars per hour (With ring of wealth) and i could get alot more with 70+ ranged. As for xp, I level my ranged at least once per trip, so it is highly worth it. The profits from killing aviansies are huge, its a great place to make friends, learn new things, get range xp, and make so much money you could swim in it!

Have fun out there!

....and cut......

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

if i can last two days with 60 range, (went there at 58, currently at 64 nd still going)

i think needing 70 range is untrue

but since you two are arrogant idiots ill change it, and toasts, next time you come and start to flame one of my guides, ill report you

xcsx7c.png | 3gliP.jpg | 51y5tv.png  |  8mO5K.jpg

A Blog to Bathtubs for Beginners
Quest Cape | 99 Defence Achieved 11-Jul-2011 17:41 | 99 Prayer 11-Jul-2012 | 99 Constitution 02-Aug-2012

99 Attack 31/10/2012 | 99 Dungeoneering 31/10/2012 | 99 Strength 31/10/2012 | 99 Magic 2/12/2012

99 Range 16/12/2012 | 99 Herblore 25/12/2012 | 99 Summoning 4/1/2013 | 99 Firemaking 6/3/2013

99 Farming 10/4/2013 | 99 Slayer 11/7/2013 | 99 Fletching 21/8/2013  |  99 Smithing 22/8/2013 

99 Crafting 19/12/2013  |  99 Cooking 15/1/2014  |  99 Agility 25/1/2014  |  99 Thieving 01/02/2014

99 Construction 21/04/2014  |  99 Woodcutting 04/03/2014  |  99 Fishing 17/04/2014  |  99 Mining 23/07/2015

99 Divination 27/07/2015  |  99 Runecrafting 20/08/2015  |  99 Hunter 20/08/2015  | Maxed 20/08/2015

if i can last two days with 60 range, (went there at 58, currently at 64 nd still going)

but since you two are arrogant idiots ill change it, and toasts, next time you come and start to flame one of my guides, ill report you

There's no need to take that response. These 2 are simply providing criticism/help with the guide. Instead of insulting them, you can either make amendments or explain why you may disagree with them. Or just ignore the posts.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

An OK guide, however you missed quite a bit; i'll start with the title. Misspelled 'begginers'.

Ranging hat, from best to worst, is:

Blessed Coif>Robin Hood Hat> Archers Helm > anything.

Karil's coif: +3 range bonus? No, that doesn't belong up there at all, sorry.

Verac's helm? wth. :|

newsigac5.png

Wow calm down.. Toast wasn't flaming you. And you shouldn't use this gear if you are tanking. It should be a torag helm, armadyl pendant, granite sheild, rune cbow, bolts (depends on range level), blessed dhide body, climbing boots, and ring of life.

if i didnt know what were avansies this guide would confuse me

that red dhide picture

is that supposed to be a tanking?

why bring an anti drag shield

bring granite/rune not expensive at all

flame toast for what you said :shame:

"so any comments/rants are welcome"

foukouei.png

• 3 weeks later...

[hide=]

Aviansies:

They are a flying bird like creature situated in the God Wars Dungeon. They are an Armadyl creature, so killing these will get your kill count for Armadyl up: refer to Soma2035's excellent GWD guide for background information: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=723497

Aviansies can only be killed with range or mage, the best option is range, as mage hardly does any damage, unless you are 90+

beycy.gif

Because these are the most frequent droppers of adamant bars in Runescape, if you get 10 drops of these (avianses drop 4 adamant bars at a time) you have 40 adamant bars, which is 100k!

Reccommended Levels:

70+ range or 90+ mage

70+ defense

70+ hitpoints

Required levels:

You can either take bones to peaches tablets or prayer pots, i personally prefer bones to peaches, because you make more of a profit and you will have a constant supply of food, whereas prayer pots a a one use thing!

You should also take, some food (incase you get hit before you are ready), nature runes, a fire staff, range pots (if you want, i reccommend) and if you want a teleport out of the dungeon (i use the home teleport, as it takes up no iventory space. If you are doing multiple trips take a games necklace, so you can teleport to burthorpe, bank in the warriors guild then go back to the GWD (add more food and range pots if you want, this is my set up show)

2624io7.gif

If you are praying, swap the bones to peaches tablets and the sharks for prayer pots, take more if you want.

This is my inventory, I do not have 70 range, so I use the ideal set up for me (items can be changed to different gods, but have atleast an item of zamorak, saradomin and armadyl, bandos followers will not pose much of a threat). The bolts shown are emerald bolts, the helmet is a zamorak mitre, the cape is a saradomin cape (from mage arena) the necklace is an armadyl pendant (from the Temple of Ikov quest), the crossbow is a rune crossbow, the ring is a ring of wealth and the boots are climbing boots.

f012wy.gif

Here is (after asking people), the ideal set up. Again items can be changed but still have a god item from zamorak, armadyl and saradomin.

Cape

Hat

Blessed D'hide body > Black D'hide body > 3rd Age Ranged > Zamorak Robe top > any D'hide

Legs

Armadyl Legs > Black dragonhide/3rd Age Ranged/Blessed D'hide legs > Verac Skirt > Any D'hide legs

Boots:

Shield

Gloves

Blessed Vambraces > Barrows Gloves > Any D'hide vambs, preferably your best > Anything

Ring

Amulet

Bow & Bolts

Rune Crossbow + Emerald (e)/Adamant bolts (or ruby (e)/Mith bolts > Crystal bow/Dark bow (rune arrows/ adamant arrows (p) > Adamant crossbow and bolts > Bone bow + Bolts > Any good ranged weapon

Avianses allways drop:

Avianses drop:

dragon spear

rune spear (5)

blood rune (11)

nature rune (9-20)

water rune (15,30)

earth rune (8-12)

chaos rune (3,6,16)

law rune (2)

mind rune (5)

body rune (12)

runite limbs

antipoison (3 doses) x 5

uncut gems

half keys

swordfish (5)

nature talisman

herbs

silver ore

clue scroll level 3

Avianses frequently drop adamanite bars, rune daggers, runes, runite limbs, swordfish and clue scrolls. This makes them highly popular!

Well it is simple really, there are three routes, which combine into one eventually (sorry the maps a bit big). To get there you must have completed Death Plateau AND (i reccommend) Troll Stronghold AND (i reccommend also) Eadgars Ruse.

Route 1- red

Route 2 - blue

Route 3 - yellow

(green X's indicated climbing boots are needed there, cream blob shows where the boulder is, read below about boulder)

2466o08.gif

Route 1, involves uses a games necklace to teleport to Burthorpe Games room, then running west to Sherpas hut. Then run north and over a pile of rocks !!MUST HAVE CLIMBING BOOTS ON!! then follow the path east, climbing ovver rocks twice, and through the troll arena where you fought Dad. then run north, through the gate and through the cave. Now follow the path round and protect from range once you get to the thrower trolls, take the first path north and push aside the boulder (requires 60 strength). In this area you stats slowly drain and you take damage of 1 every few seconds. Walk North-East and protect from melee, ice wolves here will do major damage. If this is you first time at the GWD you will need to place a rope at the entrance, and also talk to the injured knight there. Now climb into the GWD and head south to the Armadyl area. You can either use a mithril grapple to launch yourself across the gorge (is that whats its called) and into the Armadyl room, or kill the Aviansies out in the main area.

Route 2, involves teleporting to Trollheim and climbing down the mountain and following the path north, protecting from range (thrower trolls here). Now take the first path north, and push aside the boulder (requires 60 strength). In this area you stats slowly drain and you take damage of 1 every few seconds. Walk North-East and protect from melee, ice wolves here will do major damage. If this is you first time at the GWD you will need to place a rope at the entrance, and also talk to the injured knight there. Now climb into the GWD and head south to the Armadyl area. You can either use a mithril grapple to launch yourself across the gorge (is that whats its called) and into the Armadyl room, or kill the Aviansies out in the main area.

Route 3, involves running North-West through the wilderness from the Grand Exchange to a climbing place just west of the bandit camp. (you can also get here by teleporting to Bounty Hunter with a games necklace then running west). Climb up this, requires 60 agility !!MUST WEAR CLIMBING BOOTS!! and follow the path noth, protecting from range (thrower trolls), and take the first path north. Push aside the boulder, requires 60 strength. In this area you stats slowly drain and you take damage of 1 every few seconds. Walk North-East and protect from melee, ice wolves here will do major damage. If this is you first time at the GWD you will need to place a rope at the entrance, and also talk to the injured knight there. Now climb into the GWD and head south to the Armadyl area. You can either use a mithril grapple to launch yourself across the gorge (is that whats its called) and into the Armadyl room, or kill the Aviansies out in the main area.

Head south as soon as you enter, and you will encounter Aviansies and a few Saradomin warriors. If you wish you may use a mithril grapple to launch your self across the gorge into the Armadyl area (requires 70 ranged).

(map is from Tip.Its official God Wars Dungeon Guide: http://tip.it/runescape/?page=god_wars_dungeon.htm edited with arrows by me!)

Areas circle yellow contain Aviansies, area circled green is the Boss room, this room contains Kree'arra, a massive flying bird, who drops rare armadyl items and other things. See the link at the start of this guide for other information about the GWD

30t762c.png

Side notes:

Look out for the gorak or ice/firefiends which respawn near aviansies in the main room, let it attack the creature first then fire a few bolts at the aviansie, then go back to the one you were killing. You will get the drop for killing the aviansie, even though you attacked it about 3 times!

If you run out of food while fighting the aviansies (only use this if you use the bones to peaches method) run around and pick up bones of the floor, then you will have a full invent of peaches after you use a tablet.

Many of you will ask for xp/hour or adamant bars/hour, well it all depends on how effectivly you kill them. I get about 200 bars per hour (With ring of wealth) and i could get alot more with 70+ ranged. As for xp, I level my ranged at least once per trip, so it is highly worth it. The profits from killing aviansies are huge, its a great place to make friends, learn new things, get range xp, and make so much money you could swim in it!

Have fun out there!

....and cut......

[/hide]

I have a few problems with the guide.

1. I really don't recommend using a zamorak book, or armadyl armour to kill avianses, nor do i recommend straight dragonhide armor, unless you have 80+ defence and ranged. The lack of ranged defence given by the armour is not made up for by the ranged attack. You need to find a balance somewhere in the middle which will allow you to maximise your kill count.

2. Also regarding defence bonuses, with that sort of armour equipped, it's doubtful you would be able to kill one aviansie per peach eaten, so you would run out of food VERY quickly, despite having bones to peaches tabs. You may be able to cast it once or twice due to having shark at the beginning, but it will become harder to get the required bones after then.

3. The games necklace is a waste of space in your inventory, one which can be banked at the warriors guild, and making a pit stop in lumbridge between trips does not add much time onto your in-between times. Also, I'd replace the fire staff with fire runes. They only cost 8-10gp each, and the fact that you don't have to switch between bow and staff can save you a fair bit of time, and is far more convenient in the long run. Your inventory setup should also have placeholders for coins and addy bars, otherwise you may find yourself dropping and picking up and item for the first few kills in order to get the drop.

4. I seriously doubt you can get 200 addy bars per hour with only 60 ranged. They drop the bars around 1/4 kills, meaning you are getting 200 kills per hour. I use a similar method, and with 81 ranged, struggle to get 100 kills per hour of the level 69-90 aviansies.

5. The guide needs to be spelling and grammar checked, especially the title, and consistent spelling of adamantite.

Other than that, it's a common method listed throughout these forums on numerous guides, and I really don't think another guide is needed. 3/10

Lego_Luke.png

anti dragon shield? :lol: i think you mean dragonfire shield

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Needs more pictures of actual killing, maybe an inventory picture, ... some pictures of your loot there? Under atleast 70-75 range, aviansies are an inefficient money making/training method just because it takes to long to kill them. Oh ... and in your guide, it's supposed to be spelled "beginners", not "begginers". Best of luck with your guide. Vamp it up a bit, and it could be decent.

• 2 weeks later...

i don't believe you can use route three (the one from the wildy to the gwd) it only works in one direction and that is from the gwd area to the wildy...not wildy to gwd...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

[hide=]

[hide=]

Aviansies:

beycy.gif

Reccommended Levels:

70+ range or 90+ mage

70+ defense

70+ hitpoints

Required levels:

2624io7.gif

f012wy.gif

Cape

Hat

Legs

Boots:

Shield

Gloves

Ring

Amulet

Bow & Bolts

Avianses allways drop:

Avianses drop:

dragon spear

rune spear (5)

blood rune (11)

nature rune (9-20)

water rune (15,30)

earth rune (8-12)

chaos rune (3,6,16)

law rune (2)

mind rune (5)

body rune (12)

runite limbs

antipoison (3 doses) x 5

uncut gems

half keys

swordfish (5)

nature talisman

herbs

silver ore

clue scroll level 3

Route 1- red

Route 2 - blue

Route 3 - yellow

2466o08.gif

30t762c.png

Side notes:

Have fun out there!

....and cut......

[/hide]

I have a few problems with the guide.

1. I really don't recommend using a zamorak book, or armadyl armour to kill avianses, nor do i recommend straight dragonhide armor, unless you have 80+ defence and ranged. The lack of ranged defence given by the armour is not made up for by the ranged attack. You need to find a balance somewhere in the middle which will allow you to maximise your kill count.

2. Also regarding defence bonuses, with that sort of armour equipped, it's doubtful you would be able to kill one aviansie per peach eaten, so you would run out of food VERY quickly, despite having bones to peaches tabs. You may be able to cast it once or twice due to having shark at the beginning, but it will become harder to get the required bones after then.

3. The games necklace is a waste of space in your inventory, one which can be banked at the warriors guild, and making a pit stop in lumbridge between trips does not add much time onto your in-between times. Also, I'd replace the fire staff with fire runes. They only cost 8-10gp each, and the fact that you don't have to switch between bow and staff can save you a fair bit of time, and is far more convenient in the long run. Your inventory setup should also have placeholders for coins and addy bars, otherwise you may find yourself dropping and picking up and item for the first few kills in order to get the drop.

4. I seriously doubt you can get 200 addy bars per hour with only 60 ranged. They drop the bars around 1/4 kills, meaning you are getting 200 kills per hour. I use a similar method, and with 81 ranged, struggle to get 100 kills per hour of the level 69-90 aviansies.

5. The guide needs to be spelling and grammar checked, especially the title, and consistent spelling of adamantite.

Other than that, it's a common method listed throughout these forums on numerous guides, and I really don't think another guide is needed. 3/10

[/hide]

dude your being a bit harsh to him i mean he tried and if he kills aviansies like this then fine...tbh you should use my guide for them... much more detailed..although u do need to update it slightly

tifovsigev3.jpg