Tips and Strategies for Pest Control

spooferfish

I think most people have it figured out, but there are some things still unclear.

The gates. KEEP THEM CLOSED. If there is a huge herd of monsters outside the gate, do not open it! It allows the melee monsters to get through (and most don't look very nice), and when the gate is open, the monsters standing right on the other side now have a nice clear shot at the Knight in the middle. We are supposed to protect him, not get him shot. You can't run through the monsters, so if there is a herd, and you want out, go through a differant gate.

Portals, Knights, Gates. Although it is important to 'kill' the protals, we need to protect the knight in the middle, right? Right, so some people need to stick near him and watch for monsters shooting through the gates/walls, and monsters that end up in there, attacking him. Also if there is no one at a gate, you go there. They will destroy it.

Spinners The Spinners can only heal the portal if it is next to it. thus if you can get it away from the portal atleast one square's distance it can't heal anymore. Kill the Spinners if you can though. Attacking them, so they attack you back, instead of heal the portal, can save some time. -Uk2, Perakp

The Beginning When you are all first running into the battle area, and exiting through the gates, if you are at the end of the crowd, close the gate. We don't want monsters in the middle remember.

Arm Yourself!

Bring a dragon halberd for those cases when there are enemies blocking squares off things you want to attack. Dragon Dagger (with some kind of poison) can be used to poison the protal, or stronger monsters. Also having both melee, and range/mage gear can help to defend the knight in the middle. Ancient magicks work great. Dragon 2 Hander special do any good in here? -Adam007, msiGC, Y2g2003, Perakp

Team Up

Don't send everyone after one protal. As I mentioned above, we need to protect the knight as well. The Attack Squad should only separate into two groups and the defense should concentrate at the forward gate. The attack squad should first tackle each of the single portals, then pincer the remaining two. -msiGC, barihawk

Shifty Enemies

If your not busy killing a portal and you see a Shifter try take him out because he can telleport straight to the Void Knight which you are trying to protect of course -aussy4321

Here is a list of the monsters in there: [Help me out here :P]

Torcher (lvl 41, 62, 83, 104, 125)

Defiler (lvl 41, 62, 83, 104, 125)

Splatter [Explodes when killed] (lvl 21, 32, 43, 54, 64)

Ravager (lvl 35, 52, 70, 88, 105)

Portals (No Level)

Shifter (lvl 37, 56, 75, 94, 113)

Spinner (lvl 37, 55, 74, 87, 92)

Brawler (lvl 50, 75, 100, 128, 157)

-Y2g2003, Runescape's Knowledge Database

Feel free to add to this list.

35b9enp.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the spinners can only heal the portal if it is next to it. thus if you can get it away from the portal atleast one square's distance it can't heal anymore. Kill the spinners if you can tho.

the spinners can only heal the portal if it is next to it. thus if you can get it away from the portal atleast one square's distance it can't heal anymore. Kill the spinners if you can tho.

Thank you for the tip.

Anymore from anyone?

35b9enp.jpg

use ultimate strength or protect prayers. they are very useful since when u fight portals, they die very fast and u don't waste much prayer and u hit harder. prayer recharges after minigame

a team should be made, one team on east and other on west to make it faster

dds and dragon hally should be used to hit harder

if you wish to defend, i'd suggest taking both melee and range/mage gear. Cos at one time there will be no melee monsters to kill, and you cant get through any gate because of the monsters behind them. So now you can mage/ range from the towers or behind the gates.

And with the spinners, you dont need to kill them, or even lure them away from the portal. Just attack them once so they attack you, it makes them busy enough for you to attack the portal. I soloed a gate with 3 spinners attacking me 8) No idea where the rest of my team was, but we won the round :lol:

btw. 100th post :o

A good tip would be to bring a dragon halberd for those cases when there are enemies blocking squares off things you want to attack.

That and I'd imagine a lot of D2H owners might have fun using the special in crowded areas.

Haven't really seen anyone mention the D2H yet, I'm surprised.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

lol, spoofer. Switch the "3" and the "2" where you credited me. :P

Unless you wanna start calling me 3002g2Y. :wink:

EDIT: And the level of monsters are in the Knowledge base. As well as a description of what each monster does. Just so you know.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

lol, spoofer. Switch the "3" and the "2" where you credited me. :P

Unless you wanna start calling me 3002g2Y. :wink:

EDIT: And the level of monsters are in the Knowledge base. As well as a description of what each monster does. Just so you know.

Oops, sorry, lol. Trying to type quick :P

Hmm..probably don't need to add monsters.. Ah well, I will anyway, for people like me who forget about the KB..

Thanks

35b9enp.jpg

Tip - If your not busy killing a portal and you see a Shifter try take him out because he can telleport straight to the Void Knight which you are trying to protect of course

That would be the Shifter.

EDIT: For anyone who wants a direct link to the section where it lists the monsters... here is the link:

http://kbase.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/ ... le_id=2531

Doubt anyone is having a hard time finding it, but just incase.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Its a glood idea when a spinner comes to get the spinner to attack you and continue to kill the portal while being attack by the spinner , saves time :)

also in part of the defence teams the one,s outside the front gate should concentrate on the torchers and the defilers and ignore the rest because the torchers and defilers can mage and range the knight over the gate and they are the most dangerous

i think torchers are lvl 41-125

shifters are lvl 37-113

Brawlers lvl 50 - 157

DwarfSig1.jpg

Got Xbox Live? Gimme a call - Gamertag = Razoid

The Attack Squad should only separate into two groups and the defense should concentrate at the forward gate. The attack squad should first tackle each of the single portals, then pincer the remaining two.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

portals are more important then the knight... you win by destroying the portals or by surviveing for 20 mins... portals is faster...

all but maybe 4 guys should go after portals these guys can take care of the knight if the other groups are fast enough

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Thanks for all the info guys. I have to go to work now, and by the time I get back, this thread will be dead, way behind, and outdated (someone will have written a guide or whatever the the mini game)

Unless someone wants to keep it updated somewhat (and somehow :? ) for me :D

35b9enp.jpg

I think most people have it figured out, but there are some things still unclear.

Map: Refer to the other sections for more information on details

maps5gi.png

cred to Umega for map

The gates. KEEP THEM CLOSED. If there is a huge herd of monsters outside the gate, do not open it! It allows the melee monsters to get through (and most don't look very nice), and when the gate is open, the monsters standing right on the other side now have a nice clear shot at the Knight in the middle. We are supposed to protect him, not get him shot. You can't run through the monsters, so if there is a herd, and you want out, go through a differant gate.

Portals, Knights, Gates. Although it is important to 'kill' the protals, we need to protect the knight in the middle, right? Right, so some people need to stick near him and watch for monsters shooting through the gates/walls, and monsters that end up in there, attacking him. Also if there is no one at a gate, you go there. They will destroy it.

Spinners The Spinners can only heal the portal if it is next to it. thus if you can get it away from the portal atleast one square's distance it can't heal anymore. Kill the Spinners if you can though. Attacking them, so they attack you back, instead of heal the portal, can save some time. -Uk2, Perakp

Adam007 wrote:

That Players can't walk through npc's, and it is found they can't walk through us it would be helpful for people in gated areas to stand right on the gate's two squares in front of it on the side where the monsters congregate so the npc's can't attack the gates, and so when people idiotically open gates while they're brimmed full of monsters, the monsters can't all rush out.

The Beginning When you are all first running into the battle area, and exiting through the gates, if you are at the end of the crowd, close the gate. We don't want monsters in the middle remember.

Arm Yourself!

Bring a dragon halberd for those cases when there are enemies blocking squares off things you want to attack. Dragon Dagger (with some kind of poison) can be used to poison the protal, or stronger monsters. Also having both melee, and range/mage gear can help to defend the knight in the middle. Ancient magicks work great. Dragon 2 Hander special do any good in here? -Adam007, msiGC, Y2g2003, Perakp

Team Up

Don't send everyone after one protal. As I mentioned above, we need to protect the knight as well. The Attack Squad should only separate into two groups and the defense should concentrate at the forward gate. The attack squad should first tackle each of the single portals, then pincer the remaining two. -msiGC, barihawk

Shifty Enemies

If your not busy killing a portal and you see a Shifter try take him out because he can telleport straight to the Void Knight which you are trying to protect of course -aussy4321

Useful Specials

heres a list of most useful specs(in order):

1.D2h

2.D Hally

3.DDs

credit to Nahdrav

Some usful Tips

>Killing the annoying little enemies heals the Void Knight in the center cred to zeekhbomb

>When you're ranging or maging from towers, try to not attack monsters that can attack you back. Attack monsters that are already in combat or ones that can't get to you. cred to lighs

>I found the splatters quite useful, attack one, bring it to a big group of enemies and kill it, workd like a d2h, except it hurts you as well, it can be useful to weaken higher lvl groups or take out lower ones cred to kingbd

>use Retribution too. It wont hurt your teammates and you get pray back after every battle, so its a great thing to use. cred to Borschwicz

>Portals seem to be weak to crush attacks (especially D Mace, Veracs)

Portals seem strong against Slash and Stab attacks

Portals seem weak against specific magical attack elements cred to King_Zesh

>That Players can't walk through npc's, and it is found they can't walk through us it would be helpful for people in gated areas to stand right on the gate's two squares in front of it on the side where the monsters congregate so the npc's can't attack the gates, and so when people idiotically open gates while they're brimmed full of monsters, the monsters can't all rush out. cred to Adam007

>The ship loads from the front, so if your in a crowded world and sitting at the back of the boat you will NOT leave for the game. thanks to rahkurwrld

>You can get back to the outpost before your friends if you talk to the squire which is located at the boat and tell him your a weenie thanks to rahkurwrld

Here is a list of the monsters in there: [Help me out here :P]

Torcher (lvl 41, 62, 83, 104, 125)

Defiler (lvl 41, 62, 83, 104, 125)

Splatter [Explodes when killed] (lvl 21, 32, 43, 54, 64)

Ravager (lvl 35, 52, 70, 88, 105)

Portals (No Level)

Shifter (lvl 37, 56, 75, 94, 113)

Spinner (lvl 37, 55, 74, 87, 92)

Brawler (lvl 50, 75, 100, 128, 157)

-Y2g2003, Runescape's Knowledge Database

Feel free to add to this list.

i'll continue it for you spoofer[/b]

penguinesigrq6.png

D2h special DOES work

Also in my experience the monsters are pretty weak to magic since i was ice bursting there in full rock shell+ancient staff and almost never splashed with a magic bonus of around -35

(btw im 85 magic)

And heres a list of most useful specs(in order):

1.D2h

2.D Hally

3.DDs

So if you have any of those weps bring em along(also dont bother with super sets/food since most games end in 2 or 3 minutes)

rssig4copy.gif

When you're ranging or maging from towers, try to not attack monsters that can attack you back. Attack monsters that are already in combat or ones that can't get to you.

Make sure that enough people are attacking the east and west portals (or at least one) right at the beginning. It's a wasted effort if not.

EDIT: This is really important- don't open the gates except at the beginnig so people can get to the portals. It lets a lot of stuff in.

I found the splatters quite useful, attack one, bring it to a big group of enemies and kill it, workd like a d2h, except it hurts you as well, it can be useful to weaken higher lvl groups or take out lower ones 8)

TifSig.jpg

Special attacks: DO NOT USE SPECIAL ATTACKS AGAINST THE PORTALS Using special attacks against the portals spawns SPINNERS.

As I've said, Spinners heal the portals. So by using a special attack, you are, effectively, healing the portal.