6 Months (approx) since hacking (warning for 56k users)

Mementh

*Post copied from my personal blog (click on sig to view my blog)*

Well i was hacked on January 18th 2006.(See post from 01/18/2006)

(i never figured out how they got my password but considering I have been checking since it happened and no one other then me has logged in)

And I went back using the same list and re-calculated the losses based on current day prices and the E-bay list price of 11.99/million

And here are the results (Since some items have a high and low price both figures were calculated)

Without rares

Low 30,239,400

high 37,384,400

With Rares

Low 1,628,239,400

high 1,670,384,400

And in Real Life Money

Low 19,522.59

High 20,027.91

And here is my current bank pic

Page%2001.png

Ahh as you can see i have a Bank pin (as i should have)

Page%2002.png

As you can see i got my armor back and then some

Page%2003.png

my Rune supply is better then it used to be :) and i have some stuff for smithing :)

Page%2004.png

I have alot of herbs again :) alot of dwarf weeds (the 149) and Lants (49) and kwarm (57)

Page%2005.png

More herblore supplies and finished potions

Page%2006.png

my archery armor more pots and some leather i want to work

Page%2007.png

I have made alot of money in Shark fishing. and I have some seeds (they were left alone during the hacking)

Page%2008.png

Lots of strawberrys lol, and some other junk

Page%2009.png

more junk and some construction stuff (i have enough unplanked oaks to get to 72 construction)

Page%2010.png

and last here lol my Gunthans that NEVER got touched (don't know why) and more junk (working on making tuna potatoes)

*edit*

Btw "frenchy" who posted a comment on my blog... I say I am richer then i was before.. I Have several Friends that stuck with me thoughout this.

Stellalun79

User_nat

Dilli00 (gave me a good number of items to help me rebuild)

Sdthaman

Frizoid (who became a friend after hearing about me being hacked and giving me a whip :) )

And there are others.. Mrschrystler who started speaking to me 2 months ago and Paganmom (one of her friends)

And I say the price I paid to find true friends... was worth it!

*edit for Tip.it Forums*

Why do I post this here?

Do I want your sympathy.. No... whats happened happened... no one can change it.

Do I want free stuff.... HECK YES.. but not for reading this....

Do I want you to put a bank pin and other security on your computer?....

HECK YES

I recomend AVG antivirus http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

And i am currently using kerio firewall http://www.kerio.com/ (which has a free and full versions and a 30 day free trial of the full)

The most important thing I want you to think of.... is your true friends... You will have only a few of them... I hope to always be welcomed on there friendslist

*edit*

Moved my site so pic locations moved

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

Do I want you to put a bank pin and other security on your computer?....

HECK YES

If you're gonna take anything away from this thread, let it be that :P

It's great to see that in adversity, you've found new friends Mementh. Let's hope your story is an inspiration to others equally as unfortunate.

So someone made ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã20000 from hacking your account? :shock:

Good luck getting back on track

sig3xj6.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

^^ Support it or get confused by pixel-mess :D

And i am currently using kerio firewall http://www.kerio.com/ (which has a free and full versions and a 30 day free trial of the full)

you do know that kerio is beaten by zonealarm which is much better than kerio, and is absolutely free :D ...just a little tip

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

you do know that kerio is beaten by zonealarm which is much better than kerio, and is absolutely free :D ...just a little tip

I personally hate zonealarm its very annoying and it doesnt uninstall right :|

Your bank pic is better than mine and i haven't been hacked :x #-o

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

nice comeback.

off-topic: zone alarm is so far the best free firewall in market. that free version of a program even passes some firewalls that costs money.

if it doesn't uninstall right, it means that it's time to reinstall your OS because it's getting too old to support anything.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

unfortunatly the loast version of zone alarm kept crashing on me for some strange reason :shame:

So i had to go though the "uninstall procedures" and i decided it was time to check out another firewall

Memeth, I would use those quest lamps lol. :D

I will.. one is for 85 mining. One is for my first 99. gonna save the rest

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

yea i know bank pins are important, but i got hacked at barrows, so i had everything good with me :( (only dharok plate, legs and whip, but thats a lot to me :()

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

First of all Dam Hackers!!

Now I'm going to congratulate you.

Well done on not giving up, I have heard of many people giving up because they lost full rune. You lost ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã20,000 real life money!!

You are one of few who don't whine about losing so much...although you may have.

And yes I agree, chose your friends carefully. My first account I had, had a full friends list and 96 people on my ignore list. Level 59 and I got hacked.

First of all Dam Hackers!!

Now I'm going to congratulate you.

Well done on not giving up, I have heard of many people giving up because they lost full rune. You lost ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã20,000 real life money!!

You are one of few who don't whine about losing so much...although you may have.

And yes I agree, chose your friends carefully. My first account I had, had a full friends list and 96 people on my ignore list. Level 59 and I got hacked.

Whined... yes about being dumb and not having the right security.. why did i not whine about the stolen items? because honestly i could never get them back .... yes i could sell them now and get 99 prayer 99 smithing 99 herblore 99 farming 99 construction 99 magic 99 crafting 99 cooking 99 firemaking...

But I never would have EARNED those skills... i had gotten the masks and phats long long time ago... when they were worthless.. and i also feel the high high high value of them is overrated (i don't have to worry anymore about them)

sry to hear u got hacked, nice to see u got back on track.

are you on world 27 a lot? just wondering cus i know your true friends are :P

Well i have switched to 31 with my friends :)

mementh.jpeg