LEESTERS 99 PRAYER - March 20 - Beginners Luck

Well, all the combat 99's look very nice. Except that sore thumb that sticks out.

Its time. Its time for me to finally suck it up and get the 126 level that all 99's deserve. Its time to do the prayer thing.

So, here we go!

After I got 99 mage recently, I started in on the prayer levels. I had 1300 dragon bones saved up, and burned them until I got 85 prayer.

I had 616 bones left. I need another 700 to get my next level.

One level at a time.

I have about 9 million in the bank. I'm not going to use this cash to buy these levels.

I'm going to kill Green dragons.

They will give me bones and hides.

I'll use the hides to buy more bones.

I'll use the clues to finance more bones also.

And I'll also go DKing to finance more bones also.

When I show my wings, I will have more than 9 million in my bank.

This is my mantra.

This is my goal.

This... is my blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feb 13th.

The bones were burned, the sparkles lit up my altar room, and I admired an 85 prayer on my stats board. I calculated the next level, and I need 700 bones to get my next level.

So, I go get my ancients (for the Green Dragon Tele) put on a whip with three items, and add some steel legs to finish the noob look.

30 minutes into it, on my third trip up to the land of the auto-ers. I get a clue scroll. First clue is co-ordinates. Of all the clues I've done, I have the spots all memorized, except the silly numbers. Handy dandy text coordinate list tells me its the Pirates Hall in the wild.

I love Ancient magicks when doing clues. All those nifty difty wildy teleport spells, and my house provides tele tabs for the regular tele's. Cool beans.

I don't even undress, grab the four map/scroll/sextant/spade, tele runes, and boom. I'm at the Ice Pleatau. I run up, dig, and run to mage bank.

Hello Mr 122 Pker. I'm already half hits from the dragons, and I take a DDS special, and pull the lever. As I'm pulling the lever, another special swings at me, and I die at the other side.

Oh great. I freakin hate evil pkers. I run to the bank, grab the tele runes again, run through the ice dudes, and hit the bank. Bones and clue are gone. I didn't make it.

"You killing dragons, or clue hunting?"

"You made me lose my clue."

"Yep, I sure did."

"You happy about that, eh?"

"And I also got a dragon ammy and a nifty helm too. =D.

So, what are you gonna do about it?" Oh niiiiiiice.

"Call you a jerk"

"Grab some armor and call me that outside"

"Blow off, low life"

"Reported"

Rubs ammy, and off to the dragons. Fortune gives me a clue again. Same spot. Lol. I switch worlds, and head back.

And he's freaking there again! He tries his little dragon dagger special again, but I had full hits, and the lever was not a death lever.

Clue gets me nothing but firelighters, and Laikrob enjoys the pretty fires in Edgeville bank. We chat for awhile, and I go to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2-14. Totally exhausted from a very bad irl day, and go to bed after wishing Valerie Happy Valentines Day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2-15. I want to DK. I saw Roydyls blog and saw all those pretty drop pics, and got othe itch. I'm gonna go home from work here in about 8 minutes, and see if I can scratch up a team.

To be continued....

I couldn't find a team. So, off the green dragons I went, and I spent 3 hours kiling these guys without a clue. Well, no clues is good for one thing. It lets you keep killing greens. I have 916 bones now.

When I was up there, I got attacked by a team of Pkers. One hit me with tele block from a distance (the coward!) and his partner tried to range me. Its sad when 2 players can't kill a defenseless three item guy with no food.

But, on the way to Edge I died from poison. Right at the bridge. I ran to fally bank and grabbed another glory, (The new fremmy helm saves over glory, btw) ran to my pile and picked up my own bones, along with everything else. And then I went back to greens and I had the place all to myself. For awhile anyway.

400 more bones to get.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2-16

I got 86 prayer tonight. And I have 631 bones in the bank. So, only need 800 bones for the next level.

Did a DK trip today with four of us. A very short trip that was going very well, until a mage tele'd by mistake, and then the wheels fell of the entire machine in a matter of minutes. But it was a short trip, very fun, and got us an axe and a zerker, team of four. Stan, Tyler has your 1.3 mil.

I took my loot, crafted all the green hides I had, took some alching stuff and unenchanted glories to the Ancient Magick altar, switched to regulars, did my regular magic chores, and then switched back. Why does it drain your prayer? Hmph.

So I had over 12 mil in the bank. I want 10 mil to stay in there. So I took 2 to W2 Fally, and bought 1k bones for 1.6 each. Took me a long time to burn em.

And on the way I met the #4 player in the game, Casserole. We showed each other our houses, and I showed her how to use her 31k chinchompas. :shock: She had a hand in her house as a trophy. Hehe. Promised to show her the KBD way of soloing.

Anyway, One more level, one more friend. 13 levels to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2=17

You think they change the drop rates on clues every update? You know, like give it a boost every once in awhile?

I'm having amazing luck on clues. No Pker stories, haven't been to DK again, but on the last three clues, I've gotten....

Zammy chaps

Sara bracers

Sara Chaps

I remember this happening once where everyone was getting something on almost every clue for like a week, and then back to normal. I'm thinking about doing a clue drop study. lol.

Anyway, I cant' bring myself to sell these things. I think I'll just collect all the new mage and ranging outfits like I did with the god armor. Its kinda fun, and I always love getting the sets.

At least its something to keep me playing. :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2-18

I played for a good three hours today, and did good at the green dragons. The autoers are gone. Poof. Disappeared. I believe Jagex did a mass banning, but thats just a theory. But seriously, there was like no one there. For hours.

And my clue theory is shot. lol. Three more clues and nothing good, if you dont' count those stupid god pages that clog up my bank, cuz they're just slightly too valuable to drop. lol.

Not one pker in sight, except for one lurer that wanted me to attack him so I could skull. Lame attempt really. Anyway, got myself up to 1313 bones. Need 1470 for level. I have 100 rune ore. I have 654 dragon hides. Thats more than 2 mil right there. I will buy some bones, and spend the rest on zammy dhide top and bracers, and complete that set. Maybe guthix coif and bracers, depending on price. I'll be getting full sets as I do this, just because I really want to, and I'm a goober when it comes to collecting. And my bank is getting cluttered with non complete clue sets.

Tomorrow I'll probably lay off the dragons, and make some money, as I'm kinda burned out on them. I'll try to pull a DK team together, and if not, pull out my boxed imps and head to the Dark Beast rune mine, if its not being zapped already.

I'd like to get the three god dragon hide sets housed so I can finish that off. I'm enjoying the game again. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2-20

Wooooooooooooot! A very happy Leesters writes you today. Por que?

Well, let me give a little real life sprinkled in the RS Blog here.

My job sucks! No, no, correction. My job sucked! Past tense! I got a new job offer, and officially today, I no longer hate my job. I start a new one on March 12, and I have until then for ME! I'm freeeeeeeeee! Wow, almost a month of no work, just me me me. I'm so happy I can't stand it. \'

Yesterday was a very good day, indeed. I got a job offer over the phone, I went DKing with a good group of folks who like to make it interesting down there, got 4 ring drops, 2 myself. Sold 100 rune ore easily on RS forums. Crafted 654 green dragon hides. Went to the ancient altar, switched to regular magics, alched stoofies, and switched back.

I had 3 million to spend, and now I have ALL THREE GOD DRAGON HIDE SETS sitting nicely in my house. Ah, they are so pretty. Sara is my favorite. And I had money left over to buy 500 dragon bones, which gave me more than enough to get my level.

So, I go to Edge, and find an alcher, and ask him to alch in my house. He was a tipiter, so he knew who I was, and was happy to visit the house. Word got around that Leesters house was open, so I had some visitors.

Including one pray-cape clad Oddfaery2. Seems like the boy wanted to do the new quest. Oddfaery is a very persistant fellow. Very. He really should be in sales. He does NOT take no for an answer. After failed attempts to tell mi amigo that I don't wanna do a stupid quest, I found myself following him south of Ardy and enjoying Jagex quest humor once again. It was fun, and the company was great. And then he goes to Dag Kings and gets a bucket load of dragon axes as I read on his blog, and makes me wish I would have went with him.

But it doesn't matter. I have a vacation, I have excitement about a new job, I have a new prayer level, and I have 3 new outfits and a clutterless bank.

Double woot. 87 prayer. 3 more for combat level and 90 prayer.

Dag Kings anyone?

2-21

Its all Valeries fault. I was going to spend the evening monkeying around showing her the monkey tunnel range spot, and then a little agility racing.

I come back online, and shes not on. So, after waiting a bit, someone Timesout asks if I want to DK. Get a team, and I'll range, I say. He got a team, and off we go.

Was having fun, and although I didn't get one drop, there were 2 axes and a seercrull. Was going very well. And then, I saw two white dots enter. They run in, and run out. Uh oh, lurers, I think. But then I don't see them again, and figure it was actually another team.

Well, that could be the case, but here comes a lurer. By the time the lurer got there, we were just a couple pray doses away from being done. Only 2 rangers left. The lurer waiting until we ranged prime, and patiently waited for supreme to spawn. As soon as he did, the lurer ran promptly over to me, and I had both prime and supreme on me.

Well, Prime is almost dead, I can hang. I can hang. I was wrong. Supreme got lucky and whacked me up pretty good. When I was at half health, I got hit again, and clicked the tele tab. I wait to be tele'd. Nothing. I get hit again. I'm almost dead. I clicked the tab again. Boom. I get hit again. Click click click!!! I see my death crumple, and see the lurer run to my spot. And I see Southpole, my fellow ranger, run to the spot too, but he was gonna be late.

I look at my neked body in Fally. Inventory shows guthan plate, guthan legs, and crystal bow. Realization flows over me like a punch to the face.

Omg, I just lost my spear and helm. Sara stole. Rune boots. Omg. I just lost millions.

From Southpole14: I got your spear and helm dude.

To Southpole14: I love you!

And I meant it! Omg, he saved my spear and helm, what a hero! He is my hero for the month, for sure. Thank you Southy! GOOD JOB! <3:

Now that I'm not completely derpessed, after picking up my broken guthan pieces, I start to tally up the losses.

Dragon Gloves 180k, Rune boots 180k, Sara Stole 200k... not bad. OMG! All my bones! And a clue! Grrrrrrr! I was more upset about losing 20 dag bones than i was about losing close to a million worth of stuff. lol. I'm such a bone [garden tool] these days.

So I go to bank, and soemthings missing. Hmm.. Two barrows pieces missing. Hmm.. its the karils, wait... Oh gosh, I forgot! Well, add Karils top and bottom to the list, as I took those to kings. They cost me 450k. Barrows prices are rising. Why? Oh I know why. Becuase I'm BUYING, thats why. When I'm ready to sell, they'll be back down again. Of course. It all makes sense now.

So, I go off to slave at Nechs to get my boots. 2 supersets and no boots. Wasted a couple hours there, and thought I could have made a million in that 2 hours. Why am I such a goober? And still no Valerie. Where is she?

The share from the trip paid for my losses, but I still need to get 1600 bones for my next level. I spend hours switching worlds mining rune at the Dark Beasts. Its busy, and it takes a long time to get 100 ore. I do some barrows trips, no luck on items, but I get a bucketload of bloods. I have 3k now. Thats 1.5 mil there. Okay, good enough. Where's Valerie???

I'm trying to sell my rune ore, and make a post on RS forums. Withing minutes, someone PM's me. I know my list is full, but I stupidly just try to add him anyway. And to my surprise, the name is added to the list. I could have SWORN list was full.

After I sell the ore, I go through list. Omg. Where's Queenvalerie?! She deleted me??? Oh wait. lol. I swear, that was my first thought. How dare her! Taking her name off my list! Shame on her! I don't know how, but its happened before. Accidental Deletion Without Knowledge. The ADWK syndrome. Its rare, but its not the first time. So I add her back on, and all is well.

But its still her fault.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2-23.

Well, I have 1700 bones. Enough for a level. But I'm just not feeling it. I still cant' get over the fact that I don't have my duplicates. I really want those.

I decide that I must finish what I start. I want that axe. I want that chain. So close, and I stopped. Why, because its too hard? I use the chain all the time, and am SICK of inserting it back into the dragon row. I want my duplicates! So, I change gears.

I log on, and someone wishes me well on my pray cape, and asks if my bank duplicates are done yet. Ha! A sign! I tell him no, and I shall now go to Dag Kings solo, and try for my axe.

Apcrump is todays lucky charm. Rub his head folks. In 30 minutes, I had 2 dragon axes, and a warrior ring. The warrior ring was on second kill. The first axe was on fifth kill. The second axe came 20 minutes later.

And finally, 80 minutes into the trip, a third dragon axe falls to me.

I wasn't even half done. I had tons of supplies, and I just clicked tele. I was too happy to be greedy. And the last thing I wanted to do was write on this blog how a lurer cost me 3 dragon axes.

So, this is now the combo blog. 99 prayer, and quest for Dragon Chain. I can do both, right? I have my axe now. And with 2 more, thats 6 mil. Just about 8 or 9 mil away, depending on D-chain prices.

Yeah, i can do both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was just a bad day all the way around.

First time I've ever been on a trip where someone lost their spear. Made me sick. Still kinda sick about it.

First, someone dies on entry. Then its just total chaos on a full world and problems with Rex. Then the team gets in a mess with Rex, and no one goes up the ladder, instead fight to their deaths. I didn't even see Campbell die. I tele out of there, and get the pms. Spear lost. I donate an axe, so I'm three million poorer.

Go KQing with Val, and get nothing. Was exciting, but I was getting completely hammered, and gets old getting nothing but spears and natures from that dang bug.

Spend three hours at Barrows with nothing.

A good friend asks to borrow 5 million and I lie to him and say I'm dead broke. And feel like junk afterwards for being selfish about my pixels.

Sorry, amigo.

Work my tail off to get a herb level and come up 20k short.

Going to bed. Today burned me out. I think I'll take a little break and get some things done tomorrow.

This day wasn't much better. Didn't play very much, but what I did play was very unproductive.

I now have my longest dry streak in a substantial history there. I'm over 50 trips with nothing. The runes do add up though. Espcially when you do the Verac thing.

Then, Artemis dusts off his slave voucher that he never used, and I find myself at KQ for three hours. He did this to try to get Metal Heart a chain.

We did not prevail, but after sweet talking the big bug, she did drop a very big dragon 2 handed sword. My first one. I now have gotten every dragon drop. Thats kinda neat, tbh.

Other than that nothing gained. I have an axe, 2 wariors, and tommorrow I'm gonna make some "sure" money, and stop hoping for drops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forgot how easy it is to level hunter. I decided to get 1000 chinchompas for easy money. And I do want the hunter levels. Goal there is 80 so I can hunt five traps, and I want 80's

I got three levels there just from 1000 hamsters. Very nice. So, now I have 1k red chins ready to sell.

Also found a very nice streak of worlds unmined at the Dark Beasts. I had everyhing W53 and up. Some other guy had 53 down. But that was enough to have nothing but glowers. I used up my boxed imps, filled up my inventory in less than 2 hours and had 70 rune ore. I'll get 30 more and sell 100.

So, I have my 10 million cash I'm not draining. 1000 chins, 100 rune ore, 2 warrior rings, and a dragon axe in a pear tree.

Anyone wanna buy some hansters for the shaking tunnel?

Funnest range you'll ever have.

When all else fails, the Dag Kings are just the only way to go.

I've been to the Barrows for 70 trips now. Yes, 70. That doubles my longest dry streak of all times, and I've barrowed alot.

I've had 12 clues in a row with nothing.

I haven't had a whip drop in months.

Nothing is working. Nothing. So, today, I tried Dag Kings again. And Rex showed me the love.

First thing, I went to 99 Edge and spammed Edge bank. "Hiring suicider for Dag Kings". I was hoping a tipiter would recognize me and want to join me on an adventure. And there he was. Never been before, and he asks how long it would take. Didn't take much to talk him into a little adventure, and off we go.

His adventure didn't make it past room four of the Dag King tunnels. So, I'm alone. I have to get to Rex without getting Supreme and Prime on me, and I'm all by myself. Eepers. It took me only 4 trips down the ladder until I got lucky and was able to sneak by those nasties to my little turtle hole in the corner.

Woot! I did it! I got in solo! I'm a Dag King master now!

I did not see one lurer. I only had two interruptions. One pair of duo magers popped in, said hi, and politely switched worlds. Another white dot, I'm assuming the mage of a full team, ran over, saw me. Stopped and pondered. And ran back up the ladder. I guess they switched.

Without needing prayer, and my trusty Guthans paying me back for shining him up today, I was able to stay a very long time. By the time I was done, I went through 1400 casts, and had a zerker ring, and a warrior ring. All to myself.

So, happy as a puppy with two peters for ending my poor streak, I decide to liquidate. Lets see... Artemis sold my 1000 red hamsters for me, at 900 each. I have 100 rune ore, 1 axe, 3 warrior rings, 1 bezerker ring, 1000 bloods, 1 zammy page, 1 sara page, and 4 lava sticks.

By the time I was done, my bank had 10 mil (that, again, I'm not spending) plus 9.5 million on top of that. Woot!

I crafted all my dragon hides (making my first black dragonhide chaps ever, woot woot) and before you know it, my bank told me I had 20M. Yay!

And I still have my date with Metallica to go Dag Kinging that night. Of course, the poor slob had to work late and never made it. So, I found another partner, and rubbed his head for luck.

It worked.

We got a dragon axe and a zerker ring before that jerk with the dragon mace gave us a heart attack and made us tele.

After sidestepping attempts to get me to sell it, Valaraz takes our loot and sells it on W2. Before you know it, I have another 2.6 mil in my bank.

All of a sudden, I have 23 mil. 3 million away from a chain.

Not a bad geepee day. And if I get lucky tomorrow, I'll have that dragon chain on my birthday, March 1st.

Lets hope for a happy Dragon Chainbody birthday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3-1

Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeee

Happy Birthday to meeeeeeee

Happy Birthday dear D-Chaaaaaiiin....

Happy Birthday to Me!

Tyler helped me get 1 million closer with a zerker ring drop on a duo mage trip.

And then I went through my bank. I needed 1.8 million for chain. Well, if I housed this Enchanted robe set, I wouldn't need the duplicate and it would clear out a space for the prayer cape. What are they, 1 mil a set?

Off to W2. Not even close. Still sold it and housed the other.

Hmmmm..... What do we have laying around the bank. Only 600 bloods. No, I'm not selling my pure ess. Hmmm...

Oh lookie here. 5474 bolt racks. Might have had 75 dry runs at barrows, but things still add up down there dont they.

"Buying all Bolt racks 350 each"

Bingo. Sold him 5000, and now I have the dragon chain, and all of my duplicates back.

That Red Phat looks much better with my pretty bank all back to normal!

\'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayer level 88!

The 1800 dragon bones gathering dust in my bank while I geeked out on getting my duplicates back finally made it to my altar.

I was quite clever about it too, as I spammed W99 Edge with "Open House in Taverly" and was able to get people in my house.

See, if you don't have anyone in your house when you leave it, it resets. So when you go back in, it has to load up again, and all the doors are shut, and the burners are dry.

So, with people in my house, banking back and forth saved a huge amount of time, and cut the marrentil use nearly in half. It was fun seeing people run around the house, make comments on how nice it is, and have greetings while I burned bones as fast as I could.

When I finally got the sparkle, I had 450 bones left, and I went downstairs to celebrate, and there were about six or seven people just having a blast in the combat ring.

So, I turned off PVP so no one could get killed out of combat ring, so they don't leave the house. I warned them that I"m leaving, and if they leave,the doors will lock behind them.

Who knows how long they stayed, but I was outta there. I used up 60 house teletabs, so thats really not too bad for 300k+ exp. I can't imagine doing 1600 bones with the Ecto place.

Only 2 more levels for a combat level that hasn't been raised for a very very long time. 125 combat is going to be cool.

So, I go off the Green Dragons, and get pked immediately. lol. Pk'd on my birthday. Day complete. Hehe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DKers GET READY! I"LL BE CALLING!

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, you've been needing that last one for a while :XD:

gl with it, unfortunately those pesky autoerers lowered green d hide prices...

gl i saw u putting on ur hawt steel legs in edge while tro tro was stealing my purple sweets :wall: ( <3: ) good luck i hope u get j00r 99 pray and if u ever need protection during a clue my 1 iteming ownage is available~! :-w

gif3637smallxx3.gif4skillsrm7.png

Whip PKs: 11

Dragon Drops: 9 - Whip Drops: 20

gl, call me up for dk

timeoutsmad.png

DK Drops: 65 Rings, 9 Muds, 44 Axes, 8 Seers

Dragon Drops : 2 Chains, 2 Legs, 2 Skirts, 9 Meds, 6 Halves, 1 Spear, 20 Axes, 9 Boots

God Wars Drops : 3 B Hilts, 1 Z Hilt, 3 B Boots, 1 A Skirt, 1 A Chest, 4 B Tops, 1 B Tasset, 1 Steam, 7 Shards

Good Luck!!

I know you probably know better then me, but I would go to blue dragons in taverley dungeon, since you've got the Agility level for the shortcut too.

Just my opinion ;).

Currently: Quit Ages Ago

Does this mean the hunting team is up again? I've got lots of experience at it now, and trust pics so if your willing, then so am I. Also, best of luck with it, must get pretty boring at times with the green dragons.

I'll post again soon :anxious:

Apcrump0.png

Wow, makes me feel better knowing that someone else lost a clue the same way i did. Except I was at full health. He hit me for 29 and I pulled the lever. I appeared in the Bank with a 30 and a 33 above my head :cry: .

Good luck on the Wings Cape.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done