~!~ The Guide to 99 Construction ~!~ Mini-Update

J4ysinist3r

:thumbsup: Did you know? Construction was going to be named Carpentry. :thumbsup:

Hello, and welcome to The Guide to 99 Construction. In the following content I will explain numerous ways to reach 99 construction.

UPDATE: Guide to running a construction company is now more thorough.

[hide=Table of Contents]

1- Table of Contents

2- From 1 - 15

3- From 16 - 30

4- From 31 - 50

5- From 51 - 70

6- From 71 - 85

7- From 86 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ 99

8- Running a Construction Company

9- Suggestions

10- Credits[/hide]

[hide=From 1 - 15]

Requirements

25,000 Coins

Saw

Hammer

Axe

Nails

First of all you will need a house. To purchase your house pay 1,000 coins to an estate agent in their office at the following cities: Ardougne, Falador, Seers, Varrock

When that is completed go to Varrock and cut down 84 regular logs and use your coins to turn the into planks at the Sawmill (formerly known as the lumberyard) - it is northeast of Varrock. While you are at the sawmill also buy about 550 nails - any type.

Then, head over to your house in Rimmington bringing your saw, hammer, and 26 planks. You will be in your garden. Go into the parlour (the room next to the garden) and start to make bookcases and chairs. After that, remove the bookcases and chairs and remake them. Repeat this step until level 15 banking at Falador.[/hide]

[hide=From 16 - 30]

Requirements

55,000 Coins

Saw

Hammer

Axe

Cut about 185 oak logs and turn them into oak planks via the sawmill. It will cost about 46,000 coins. Make a workshop next to your parlour and start making repair benches the same way you made bookcases and chairs, but this time you don't need nails. Doing this will get you to level 30 and you will be ready to move on to the next step.[/hide]

[hide=From 31 - 50]

Requirements

150,000 Coins

Saw

Hammer

Axe

At this level, I suggest you go to Ardougne. Once here go to the Servant's Guild and hire a cook, but first you must build two bedrooms - one for yourself and one for your butler that you have not yet hired. Both bedrooms must have a bed. This cook can run logs to the sawmill provided you have the cash. Go outside your house portal - should be in Rimmington for best results - and cut as many oak logs as you can hold. Walk inside your house and ask your cook to run the planks to the sawmill, when she returns use your saw and hammer to make furniture with the planks. Repeat this multiple times until you have level 50. The cook will require a fee of 3,000 coins every few runs, but in my opinion it's worth it.

An alternative way to get 50 construction is to just buy the oak planks from other players or run the planks yourself. Oak planks are about 450 - 500 coins each and give 60 experience per plank.

Once you have the desired level move on to the next step.[/hide]

[hide=From 51 - 70]

Requirements

2,900,000 Coins

Saw

Hammer

You can now hire the Demon Butler! His fee is 10,000 coins instead of 3,000 \'. From now until 99 you may want to do Oak Larders, but this is NOT the cheapest way of experience! Many people think it is. It is actually the armour stand in the skill hall. The requirements for this stand are 88 Smithing (99 Smithing for best results) OR White Castle Wars Armour (Yellow Armour for best results). This can reduce the 120M to get 99 construction to about 70 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ 85M. Doing oak larders will bring in 150K - 200K experience per hour and the armour stand will bring in about 100K experience per hour, but there is a 40M Coin difference.[/hide]

[hide=From 71 - 85]

Requirements

8,000,000 Coins

Saw Hammer

71 Construction, very nice! Two other methods that work are making a mounted glory and removing and repeat because you get the glory back and its more experience (just like the armour stand), but for even better experience do the same as the mounted glory except instead of it use a Legends Cape. Both require the glory amulet or legends cape and 3 teak planks. THESE TWO METHODS CAN BE DONE AT LEVEL 47. Another alternate way is oak doors in your dungeon, 74 construction required. It brings in a whopping 200K - 250K experience per hour.[/hide]

[hide=From 86 - 99]

Requirements

100,000,000 Coins

Saw

Hammer

At level 86, I suggest you start a construction company (see below) for maximum profit and fairly fast experience. It will get you to level 99 in a couple months OR you could do oak larders OR you could always do the armour stand (requires 2 planks and the armour to make).[/hide]

[hide=Running a Construction Company]

Requirements

15,000,000 Coins

Saw

Hammer

This can be very hectic, but at the same time very rewarding. To run a successful company have a good range of flatpacks from oak furniture to the best things you can make. I suggest that you have combinations such as a mahogany bedroom set (having all the things flatpackable in the bedroom made in mahogany). It may also help if you get a sponsor. The idea behind this is to make some profit, but at the same time be the lowest priced company on most items. For example, if you were selling an opulent table and the materials cost 1.25M altogether, and the best price you should do would be 1.26 or even 1.27 (DISCLAIMER: I just used an opulent table as an example, prices may be off!). Remember, even if you don't make a huge profit, you will gain construction levels. NOTE: The higher your construction level, the higher amount of people will buy from you.[/hide]

[hide=Suggestions]

Please give me suggestions on improving my guide![/hide]

[hide=Credits]

Thanks to everyone who helped me improve my guide.

Thanks to Jagex and Tip.It.[/hide]

For another Construction guide, click here

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering, you put the legends cape thing for over 71, does it matter? Why can't I just do it at a lower level? It isnt like I get better with it, or does it? :-k

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

a lot better now that it's finished :D

Nice guide. I used oak larders from 33 to 55, but was not aware of any other training options. Perhaps give a direct comparison with numbers and tell us whether oak larders or mounted glories give more exp per gp.

8/10.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

I just made oak larders from 69 till 99

it's about 150k-200k exp per hour

perhaps you could add the exp per hour with your methods?

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

Nice guide, shows alternate methods, if I did it however, I would definitely use larders because I can make that cash back.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

interesting guide, pretty good but can use a little work.

What I would like to see is a list of construction items that give more exp per plank than normal, such as the mounted glories or armour in skill halls, and then a chart saying how much doing that saves you to 99 and how much longer it will take.

I know it sounds kind of big but my friends say im an overacheiver so I guess thats where this comes from :-$

besides that great guide 8/10 (could use some pics) :thumbsup:

newsignature1fs8.png

not a bad guide, BUT, why people make these 'how to get to level 99 blah' when they dont have that 99 i dont understand

wendigo66.jpeg

click my sig for my blog!!!

Thanks everyone for the sigs they pwn!

No. Why should i give presents for someone in rs?

Most selfish thing I've ever heard