The NAD Discussion Page

Lacarnaya

This topic is not the contents of the NAD event itself, which can be found here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=646938

If you do not know what NAD is, I suggest you click the link and read about it. This topic is for discussing NAD, so that all arguments and disagreements can be posted here to free the event topic of clutter. And since this is a discussion and it is largely F2P, I will post it here.

If you do not know what the OoC is, you can check their forum link here, and read all about the apparently controversial cult.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Order_of ... hp?act=idx

So now... What do you think about NAD?

I think that if done correctly, it is a great way to give a boost to newbs, even though a large portion may in fact become beggars, if they do so, they would probably have become such anyway.

Live, love, eat!

Only the good newbs. I don't want any noobs getting mixed in there... It seems that a few people find this event damaging to the community, although it does not really affect anyone. If people are going to become beggars, they will become beggars whether we give them stuff or not.

Live, love, eat!

I think it's a wonderful thing.

I have to admit, I think it would be pretty frustrating if no one helped me get my full armour set, and I finally obtained one (Bronze <3:) with the help of a smither. Iron is ideal for the people who REALLY are in need, and for genuine newcomers to Runescape. :thumbsup: Kudos to NAD!

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I think it's a wonderful thing.

I have to admit, I think it would be pretty frustrating if no one helped me get my full armour set, and I finally obtained one (Bronze <3:) with the help of a smither. Iron is ideal for the people who REALLY are in need, and for genuine newcomers to Runescape. :thumbsup: Kudos to NAD!

I guess I know how you feel. It too me like an hour to do the cook's assistant quest when I first started. Kind of embarassing, but it's also true. But now that they have guides all over the place it seems a little... less satisfying when you do things.

Live, love, eat!

Heh, another Ooc NAD is just around the corner! :thumbsup:

I guess I better get started crafting some runes to contribute. :D

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

IMO

Its a bit of a silly idea.

I'm all for helping people, but having a dya were you purposeuflly prompt giving stuff to the low level brand new players just helps to promote them begging for whatever they want in future.

I personally spend time in an area and watch people, the ones who are friendly, considerate, work hard and seem to have limited equipment to their account are the ones who get my free gifts. That way it ensures it is people who will appricate it.

Just giving to low elvels for the sake of it starts a vicious circle

Thew people you give to have like a 50% chance of becoming annoying beggars.

Beggars annoy higher level long term players, who get snotty at them thus fuelling the view high level are up themselves

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sweet, the NAD is back, i never liked giving noobs free stuff even i did so the last years NAD, but i allways like giving good tips.

BTW, what happend with the Ooc_NAD account, it would be easyer to donate to it.

"hasta la victoria siempre."

Beated Monkey madness lvl76.

Beated haunted mine at lvl 77.

cmb +75 and total +930 all stats +46 before p2p.

Al f2p stats +50 (15/02/08)

NAD is not a very good idea in my opinion, newbies never appreciate what you give them in my experience and they should be making there own way through runescape life, laissez-faire is what i say.

Although this is a good point, do you think that if we did not host a NAD those newbs would not become beggars and noobs? People who become beggars will most likely have become beggars anyway, it is in their character and personality. What NAD does is try to reach out to everyone, and hope that those who have a different mindset than the beggars can learn and be able to enjoy the game fully.

Live, love, eat!

Personally, I would be glad to put up with 100 beggars who will quit after a few days of not getting their "Phr33 St0f" from other players, if it means giving a good start to a newbie who will turn into a contributing member of the Runescape community.

I hate to say it but there is no value to something thats free, and it might incourage those toerag noobs but most of them really would be begging even if there was no NAD, but by it will help those newbs in abject poverty to get some where they might realise you can become a decent controbuting member of society.

vivimancer.png

NAD is not a very good idea in my opinion, newbies never appreciate what you give them in my experience and they should be making there own way through runescape life, laissez-faire is what i say.

Darn you victorians!

If you want bronze or iron amour and weaponry, cooked fish and other stuff, pm me in game!

gazzy.jpg

Are you sick and tired of people telling you what to put in your sig? So am I. No, don't put this in your sig, you'll be doing what THEY want!

I dontated some Swordies to a noob when i was in F2P with my friend, i cant usally stand F2P though :ohnoes:

Quest cape got at 25th july 2007! Did grim tales and mouring end 2 to get same day!

99/99 strength got at 30th september 2007

they have to learn how to play themselves, thats how i started, discovered things on myown

Proud member of the Crimson Raiders

1000 total lvl achieved on 4-17-07 -F2P

they have to learn how to play themselves, thats how i started, discovered things on myown

The advice we give will help them learn how to play, the stuff we give will give them the ability to begin on pursuing the goals that they want to do.

For instance, those wanting to become rangers will benefit from a bow and some starting arrows.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=