Blizzard's New Game: Starcraft 2

Mr_Putter

As many of you may know, sometime soon Blizzard is going to be announcing their new game. So let the speculation begin!

Do you guys think it will be:

Starcraft 2

Starcraft MMO

Diablo 3

Diablo MMO

Warcraft 4

World of Warcraft 2

An entirely new take on an old franchise (ie. Starcraft Ghost, but not including an MMO).

An entirely new IP.

Personally, I'm guessing it's Starcraft II, since it's being announced in Korea, and because it's long overdue. However, I wouldn't put it past them to make Diablo 3, but that's more of a hope than an actual guess.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard on G4 that they would be releasing Starcraft 2 but that it will take on a WoW style of gameplay. So basically, my prediction is Starcraft 2, the mmo.

What ever it is, i wont get it. For some reason i dont like their games.

Yeah. The only game that I liked of theirs was Starcraft and the expansion, Brood War. I never did like Warcraft, Diablo, or World of Warcraft.

I'm betting on starcraft II (not an MMO).

I'd love to see a "world of starcraft" or a diablo 3 though.

Brood war was already kind of a SC2 in a sense? Although a new one with better graphics would be awesome.

I'm betting on starcraft II (not an MMO).

I'd love to see a "world of starcraft" or a diablo 3 though.

Brood war was already kind of a SC2 in a sense? Although a new one with better graphics would be awesome.

Brood War was just an expansion.

Diablo was a huge success, it would be a surprise if they wouldn't release D3, sooner or later. This time a full MMORPG could be worth a shot. While they're at it, they can run 2 MMORPG's :)

A new MMO would be nice but I'd also like them to perfect WoW a bit more, if possible. I still think it has a large future ahead of it - and there are still lots of zones to add in Azeroth. :P

Starcraft 2 RTS would be my first choice/guess.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

A new MMO would be nice but I'd also like them to perfect WoW a bit more, if possible. I still think it has a large future ahead of it - and there are still lots of zones to add in Azeroth. :P

Starcraft 2 RTS would be my first choice/guess.

Yeah they are still adding expansions to WoW so I kinda doubt we'll see another MMO. I belive they stated they won't be doing a new one for a bit but just working on WoW.

I'd like to see a new version of Diablo. My friend showed me an old version from the '90s. I think if they make a new version similar to the old, with new technology it'd be a boom@ on their behalf :).

I would very much like to see a starcraft mmo. One fantasy MMO, one Sci-fi.

Although... what ever happened to Starcraft Ghost ? Was it released ever? or could this perhaps be it?

As of right now it's cancelled, and I doubt they would make this big of a deal if it was just Starcraft: Ghost. Unless it's got updated graphics and is being released in a month.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I figure a cool way to do it is release WC4 and a WoW expansion that follows it at the same time? I just remember one of my wow guildies who works at Blizz mention it like a month or two ago.

That'd be cool. Man I'd love it if blizzard announced more than one game. :lol:

I figure a cool way to do it is release WC4 and a WoW expansion that follows it at the same time? I just remember one of my wow guildies who works at Blizz mention it like a month or two ago.

That'd be cool. Man I'd love it if blizzard announced more than one game. :lol:

They would never finish them both....

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Let's stop kidding ourselves and face the facts, which are thus:

Blizzard can defecate in three collector's edition boxes and the rabid fanbase would be more than happy to kill each other to get at them.

Blizzard can defecate in three collector's edition boxes and the rabid fanbase would be more than happy to kill each other to get at them.

That statement would have a lot more power if that was the case in any of their past games. They're not a big company because of a one-hit-wonder or two, but because their games are consistantly awesome (though i've never played any of the warcraft RTS).

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

That statement would have a lot more power if that was the case in any of their past games. They're not a big company because of a one-hit-wonder or two, but because their games are consistantly awesome (though i've never played any of the warcraft RTS).

Yeah. I have no doubt it has a lot of rabid fans but they wouldn't do that.

Oh and rocketman I was reading my CGW last night and it talked to blizzard about plans for WC4. They stated they aren't going to revisit it yet soon because of the dificultys of fitting it in.