Why Bacon?

Lionheart_0

(I'm not spamming the forums, I've just had both topics on my mind for awhile and decided to post them now).

Ok as some might know, I work at Wendy's.

Now some of you might of know of the new recent addition to the burgers, the BACONATOR. This was a move I think made by the company to help(or kill) those people who love bacon. Two slices of freshly cooked meat, two slices of processed cheese, and six pieces of bacon. SIX PIECES OF FREAKING BACON!

Wow, I bet some of your mouths are either watering, or wanting to go weep from all of the bacon you are reading about (I hope the latter is for the most of you, and no I am not advertising, I have a point to this).

Now previous to this, we had only the Big bacon and jr. bacon on the menu (oh btw, I hope you all know the difference between the two. Should be reaaaaally obvious). Jr. Bacons were selling like hot cakes, and people liked the Big bacons for their meals. Now I'm guessing since the company was seeing that the majority of our sales is coming from these two products, which they were, and the follower up was the double burger, they figured it was time to create the ultimate burger that everyone wants. Thus the baconator was born (besides making the stupid name, they tacked on the dumb slogan "It can smell fear").

So ya, to the point of this thread. The sales of this new burger are astronomical. We are having a hard time keeping up with the amount of meat needed to supply it (If you walk in and they are saying "we are holding on meat" it is most likely due to this burger, which should die). We are selling at least 150+ of these things a day (Thats three hundred 1/4 lb patties), and on top of that we still get the doubles and triples (we are like "Thank god" when ever someone orders singles or jr's).

So ya, By this time I'm hopping that I've made you slightly uneasy about this burger and not wanting to buy it as much (It is a bugger to make, so damn greasy). I would like to ask this forums, why the hell does the general public like bacon so much? What is so attractive about this burger or its predecessors?

Sorry if this sounds more like a rant (it kinda is), but I would seriously like to know the reasons behind this.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad would love this Baconator. :lol: I just thought he was weird with his love for bacon... I didn't know that so many people liked bacon!

Seriously we got people ordering 1 baconator for themselves (Sometimes two depending on their hunger lve) or they might decide they want a jr bacon on the side. No one notices it, but we generally make fun of them in the back... Not to mention we have had customers order extra bacon on it!!!!!

Also, we are getting a lot of people complain about prices (not of the new burger, some how the bacon justifies it :S ). Little do they realize its all supply and demand. So many people are buying stuff that we can afford to raise the prices.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Bacon, because it's salty, has a strong taste, and is fat. Three things people love.

It's really horrible for health though.

http://www.aubonpain.com/nutrition.php?GROUP_ID=26&HEADER=fillings

7g of fat for one tiny slice of 4 tiny grams.

I would never eat bacon knowing that if I were you. Personally, I eat around 35g of fat everyday tops. Some obese probably eat that much fat in bacon alone every morning.

Edit: I forgot. It's also crunchy and tender at the same time. People must like that. I liked that when I was a naughty kid eating bacon.

2480+ total

:shock: no, people you are doing the opposite of what I wanted, don't order it :cry: It makes me cry.... (And my grill person threaten to kill me each time i ask for one)

:lol: .

To be honest I wouldn't have heard of this baconator if it wasn't for you lion, now I may have to go and try one. :D

I see your point Lion.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love bacon as much as the next guy but my experience with fast food bacon is that its usually greasy, undercooked and low quality. I only like bacon when its crispy and the bacon you get from fast food shops could probably be used as a bungee cord.

Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

*cough*riseofthefatpeople*cough* :ohnoes: :shock: :-X I personally think the human race should be removed from the history of the universe permanently before we end up destroying it, this just makes me want it to happen even more.

Ps: No im not fat, im in perfect shape.(my arm is sore but thats it)

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

•  
    BACON

Serving size .15oz (4.25g)

Servings 1 slice

Calories 80 from Fat 63

% Daily Value, Calories : 2,000 2,500

Total Fat

7g

10% 8%

Saturated Fat 2.5g 12% 10%

Trans Fat 0g

Cholesterol 15mg 5% 5%

Sodium 250mg 10% 10%

Total Carbohydrates

0g 0% 0%

Dietary Fiber 0g 0% 0%

Sugar 0g

Protein 4g

Vitamin A 0%

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 0% ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Iron 0%

Calories: 2,000 2,500

Total Fat Less than 65g 80g

Saturated Fat Less than 20g 25g

Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300mg

Sodium Less than 2,400mg 2,400mg

Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g

Dietary Fiber 25g 30g

Calories per gram:

Fat 9 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Carbohydrate 4 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ Protein 4

Oh my GOODNESS!

That is fattening! Soooo many calories... :ohnoes: :shock:

Just from 1 slice!

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

I can't imagine why this burger so so popular. It's like...It's not anything "new" really...A burger with huge amounts of bacon...Been done before.

Hardee's Monster Burger, which I will admit to having ate - once, when I was like 13 - for example. It was like a pound of hamburger, 4 slices of cheese and a bunch of bacon and mayo. Blarrgggh. It would've been good without the mayo, that just made it weird.

I can't imagine working fast-food. I work slow-food as a cook (for the summer) and if we get 30 burger orders that night we're absolutely in overload. Not to mention the jackasses who come in 10 minutes before closing and order STEAKS, or the people who order things that are from other-nights Specials, so it's a pain in the [wagon] to make.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Sounds tasty. :P

I suppose people like it so much because bacon is salty. It's wierd how some foods seem to be addictive. Any of the Aussies here had Oporto chicken burgurs with the chilli sauce? My god I swear I'm addicted. I'll end up on an intravenous chilli sauce drip I swear.

I'll end up on an intravenous chilli sauce drip I swear.

ROFL! :lol:

Anyway since when is Wendy's a burger shop? Over here in Aus its an Ice Cream shop. :? And a damn good over priced one at that! :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy's

Is the Fast Food Chain;

http://www.wendys.com.au/

The Ice Cream one.

We don't have the Baconator here yet, we usually get stuff like that along time after the States. We're still buzzing over the arrival of the Big Mac. Haha, juuust joking.

But thanks Lionheart, I will have to try one when they come out, sounds very good. by the way, I hate Burger Kings bacon, those little strips of bacon that are see-through, yuck!

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

And a damn good over priced one at that! :P
I haven't been to a Wendy's for at least 10 years. Expensive indeed.

Although their shakes are okay priced, just the increams themself are just :uhh:

And a damn good over priced one at that! :P
I haven't been to a Wendy's for at least 10 years. Expensive indeed.

Although their shakes are okay priced, just the increams themself are just :uhh:

Haha Led.

Yeah Rick that's what parents are for! I make full use of going to the shops with them, and get them to feed me some junk food! ::'

Though I reckon the Donut King Icy Spider shats over anything Wendys. 3/4 Frozen Coke or Raspberry and 1/4 Ice Cream with sprinkles on top. Its worth every cent of the $4.00 it costs!

BTW a bit off topic but Rick do you have that McDonald's name the burger contest in QLD as well? Its new and just come out in NSW so I'd assume it'd be a Nationwide contest. :?