Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

GOGOGOGOGOGO

If I get 99 DG before you get 99 Mining, you should be ashamed. :x

:)

P.S. I'm 7,584,687 exp until 99 Dungeoneering.

WqvZe.png

92 Fishing | 92 Firemaking | 92 Dungeoneering | 99 Cooking

100% FTP | 800+ Total | 19 Combat

Optima dies.. prima fugit. .::. Forever a Harpy

Unless you have a DG-xp-making machine in your bank (as Sonic seems to sometimes :lol: ), I'm pretty sure I'll be okay. :wink:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Update time once again, faithful readers.

Inspired by Dingo Dave's recent achievement of upgrading his Duellist's Cap to tier 6 (and it's awesome emote <3: ), I have once again ventured into the desert in search of dueling glory. While there I achieved this:

[spoiler=Strength Level 55]strengthlevel55.png

I now have 700 kills on my record, only 1300 left until tier 5!

And, as promised, I descended down into the depths of Deamonheim once more where I unlocked yet another floor. :grin:

[spoiler=Dungeoneering Level 47]dunglevel47.png

dunglevel47a.png

I'm hoping to get either 48 DG or 1000 duel kills, hopefully both, by the end of the day and then head back to the mines for a while.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Greetings faithful followers.

This week in reallifescape has been very busy (again) and I haven't had much time to play (again). We just had a tech quit at work, and for some reason my boss had given the other two techs the same two weeks off so I was the only one doing service. As if this summer hadn't been busy enough. :wall: Fortunately we hired another guy this week (in a strange twist, he was let go from his old company so they could make room for our tech that just quit), so next week should be a bit quieter. My boss better remember all the effort I've been putting in during the next round of promotions/raises. <_<

Fortunately, I was able to get some play time in yesterday and today and finally got myself to where I had hoped to be at the end of last week. On the up side, I was close to leveling up a couple of different skills so I gained 4 levels overall and another combat level! :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Constitution level 55 and Combat level 68]conlevel55.png

conlevel55a.png

[spoiler=Attack level 54]attlevel54.png

[spoiler=Dungeoneering level 48]dunglevel48.png

dunglevel48a.png

[spoiler=Crafting level 57 and 990 total]craftlevel57.png

craftlevel57a.png

I'm now at 1100 kills in the Duel Arena, so hopefully I can get my hat to tier 5 in the next couple of weeks.

And now, back to the mines! :grin:

Y u so nub? <3:

Gz on those epic lvls & gl on 99 mining!

Zzzuperman.jpeg

| 19,385th to 99 smithing on the 11th of June 2011. |

| 144,261st to 99 magic on the 2nd of September 2011. |

| Thanks for sig to DementedHero |

| Blog |

wow u take so long to get dg lvls

i managed to get 1-33 in a few hours work on my skiller haha

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

^Yeah, but you're a machine dude. I've been playing for about a month now, and although I haven't trained dung much I'm still only 23. I solo everything, and honestly, haven't done it enough to grasp the entire concept, but I know the levels some of you guys, mostly you, are putting up are crazy good.

Also, gratz on all the new achievements Kaida!

Vit0c0rleone.png

I honestly don't call myself a fast dger. In fact in terms of dungeon xp/time averages I'm on the lower end of DG Family combatants, mainly because I die a tad bit too much.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you DARE get 99 before telling me (send a PM). I WANT TO BE THERE.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Y u so nub? <3:

Y u so pro? <3:

wow u take so long to get dg lvls

I try to do them as fast as I can, but I'm still in the 30-miniute small range. :( Of course, it doesn't help that I take a few minutes at the end of each to do some crafting. ;-)

Don't you DARE get 99 before telling me (send a PM). I WANT TO BE THERE.

Don't worry, there will be an announcement at least a few days beforehand. This has been a long and arduous journey, I want to celebrate it's completion with friends. :-D

Not that it's going to be anytime soon... :???: Although, my levels in "work 14-hour days" and "keep your girlfriend from leaving you because you work so damn much" in RealLifeScape are rapidly approaching 99. :lol: I've been so busy the last couple of weeks the only thing I've done in-game was go to Medaragon's triple 99 party - which was awesome btw. It's always fun helping others celebrate. :grin:

I'm hoping to get a few hours in this weekend and knock off at least a couple of hundred thousand Mining xp.

I may go for 99 mining as one of my 99's as well, just saying.

Imma keep a huge stack of soft clay and make em all into mining urns. Which eventually goes to xp.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Kaida, you may not know me, but I certainly know you. Just wanted to say that you're an inspiration to the players of RS. :) I hope I can be there to witness your 99 in Mining. Once again, congratulations for making it this far. :mrgreen:

i love your siggy it is just fantastic. at first i thought calvin and hobbies, first thought was awesome, but then i read what it said.

Firefly FTW

~~~legoman187~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

Greetings once again, blog fans.

Sorry it's been so long since the last update, but there's been precious little to report the last few weeks. My busy schedule continues unabated leaving very little time for RS. Heck, some weeks I've barely had time for my EP duties, but I got on last night for a bit and managed about 10k Mining xp. It's not much, but every little bit helps. With the announcement of the Halloween event, I'll probably start playing a bit more (I generally do around holiday events) so hopefully I can get back into the swing of things and start making some real progress on (finally) finishing that last level. :pray:

Since I've so little to report, I'm going to respond directly to the kind folk who posted since I last did. Enjoy. :)

@Bows, I'm trying. Slow and steady wins the race.

@Sonic, that's not a bad idea. I'd recommend taking the clay to Draynor, there you can make it soft and craft urns and fire them all in one place. There's a water source right in between the bank and the building with a spinning wheel and pottery oven.

@Prestonc, it's always good to hear from a fellow F2P'er. I'm glad to hear my random, sometimes slothful (often nonexistent :lol: ), exploits are inspiring. Don't worry about the 99 party, everyone will be told well in advance. :wink:

@cowmaster, thanks I'm glad you like them (btw, there's 4 and they cycle). They're from a series of t-shirts by Karen Hallion. I've been on a real Firefly kick lately (I'm watching it right now), and this combines two of my favorite things into one awesome one. :grin:

Speaking of Firefly, last weekend my ex went to "Can't Stop the Serenity" here in Ottawa (an annual event held by Browncoats all over the world to raise money for Equality Now by organizing screenings of Serenity) and got me a "Big Damn Hero" pin.

[spoiler=It's very cool]butbdh.jpg

You know y'all are jealous of my awesomeness. :^_^:

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been a couple of weeks and the only thing I've gotten done is the Halloween event.

[spoiler=Halloween 2011]halloween2011.png

It wasn't the best, but the new music track is pretty rockin' and the emote is abso-freaking-lutely amazing! <3:

[spoiler=Best. Emote. Ever. <3]BorrowedTimeAni.gif

The emotes have been getting better and better with each holiday event. I can't wait to see what they come up with for Christmas. Also, I liked the Deathcon t-shirt so much that I got my hair did and went clothes shopping to make a cool new outfit.

[spoiler=Dig the hawtness]kaidadcoutfit.png

I was even able to match the purple pretty closely on my Falador Herald cape to complete the ensemble. :thumbup: It's not blue and white, and doesn't look good with my mask but it's a nice change of pace. I have a feeling I'll be wearing this for a while.

As for Mining, I've got about 1.1M xp left to go 'till the end of my journey. I'm hoping to get some playing time in this week so I can tell you about some real progress next time.

Finally, join me in congratulating Sonic for getting his F2P Dungeoneering Guide added to the Archive of Wisdom. This is his second AoW guide, the first being his F2P Runecrafting Guide, and it is well deserved indeed. =D>

Final 100k. :D Any plans after that?

I think you missed a 0 there. I still have a little over 1000k xp left. :wink: I know what I'm going to do when I'm done, but I'll wait until then to tell everyone about it. I have been buying up needed resources while prices are still low though. If prices do start going back up, I don't want to get stuck.

Also: Awesome sig(s) ._.

Thanks. I've been getting lots of compliments on them. :grin:

Awesome :) Good luck on mining.

Thanks. It's slow going, but I'm getting there little by little.

*is jealous of the pin*

I knew it! :^_^:

So I logged in today to see for myself the results of Operation: Clusterflutterer firsthand, and let me say I was not disappointed. I didn't have to hop worlds a dozen times to find a free spot, and when I checked the Mining Guild, even on w1, there was almost no one there. :thumbsup:

Also, for the first time in I don't know how long, I actually engaged in idle conversation with those around me while skilling. Might this be an unexpected side effect of the great bot purge of 2011? The rebirth of communication between players? I certainly hope so, as that is one aspect of the game I've missed the last couple of years. It's nice to speak with friends and clanmates, but striking up a conversation with the person next to you simply because they're there was always kind of fun. Especially when fishing or woodcutting. Perhaps that will occur more often now that we're not all worried that everyone around us is a bot.

Here's hoping today's bot nuke will continue to be effective for a long time. :pray:

HURRY UP I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER :mrgreen:

Patience, Grasshopper. :wink:

Pft, 100k, 1,000k. Same thing.

I've noticed the increased idle conversation too.

Was in the middle of a nice conversation with two strangers at ivies when I d/c'd and couldn't remember what world I was on when I got back. Grr.

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

I've also noticed another side effect of Clusterflutterer. I, like many others, have been going up on the high scores in skills I haven't been training. :grin:

The first day I gained almost 300 Mining ranks before I even logged in, and when I checked today I found that I have also gained the following since Tuesday:

Woodcutting +4500 (!)

Fishing +2000

Runecrafting +700

Not bad for two days of not training, eh? :lol: