Honour clans

DavidC

So I've been reading RSC boards a few times now and every once in a while I see a topic about these statements, that all the Honour clans have died out when DI and EH closed donw... My questions are:

Has it changed in your clan? 

Also,

What Clans do you think are still honour these days, if any?

1. In my Opinion BK is still Honour in each way, Some of them being following Jagex rules, Tournament Rules, Fight rules, PKing rules and respecting other clans when we come in contact with them in any way (Gladz not included). A few of our members believe that Honour is in the Respect given to the opposing clan, I also agree with that.

2. I believe that a few of the more regular clans, one pulling average opts of about 90~ or less are mainly Honour because either they still follow clan charters or they have no choice. I believe that some of these top clans, not all, have gone NH because they have the power to do so. I can see that in a short period of time, those choices they have made will cost them in the long run.

sep05Cowpiehead.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WG is still the same though it's hard to fit the ARPK philosophy into PVP and Bounty Worlds. :P

I think a lot of clans outside the top clans are still honor in the sense of most people, ie. not crashing etc. Other than it's that clans who do all these NH things that attract all the attention, "bad news sells better than bad news" and similar to celebrities everyone pays more attention to the things they do so every negative thing is magnified to applied to everyone else.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

So I've been reading RSC boards a few times now and every once in a while I see a topic about these statements, that all the Honour clans have died out when DI and EH closed donw... My questions are:

What happend to your clan [seeing that a few clans here are older then others and have had history], why did you change?

Also,

1. In my Opinion BK is still Honour in each way, Some of them being following Jagex rules, Tournament Rules, Fight rules, PKing rules and respecting other clans when we come in contact with them in any way (Gladz not included). A few of our members believe that Honour is in the Respect given to the opposing clan, I also agree with that.

2. I believe that a few of the more regular clans, one pulling average opts of about 90~ or less are mainly Honour because either they still follow clan charters or they have no choice. I believe that some of these top clans, not all, have gone NH because they have the power to do so. I can see that in a short period of time, those choices they have made will cost them in the long run.

WG is still the same though it's hard to fit the ARPK philosophy into PVP and Bounty Worlds. :P

I think a lot of clans outside the top clans are still honor in the sense of most people, ie. not crashing etc. Other than it's that clans who do all these NH things that attract all the attention, "bad news sells better than bad news" and similar to celebrities everyone pays more attention to the things they do so every negative thing is magnified to applied to everyone else.

tbh i reckon all clans r sorta honour mainly but even the best n most honourable clans have there moments. i know envy is pretty much honour based but we have had flame fights with other clans as im sure most clans tend to flame one another every now n again, ye peeps will always crash either intentionally or unitentionally though so honour clans havent really died out its just u only tend to focus on the bad side of things...

envy42.png

What happend to your clan [seeing that a few clans here are older then others and have had history], why did you change?

Uhm, nothing happened to my clan, and we haven't changed. Just because we're smaller than the powerhouses on RSC, it doesn't make us automatically seem bad because other big clans tend to have no honour.

We're(T0) an honour clan, just because we aren't a massively well known clan (in the Clan World) it doesn't make us no-honour. Clans like THE, Gladz spring to mind the most if your question is about PVP clans, which in my mind is short-sighted seeing as you're posting on Tip.It, which for the majority consists of CWA clans.

Not sure whether you're asking these questions as a flame bait or to try and say BK is an honour clan and that you're amazing, because most clans on Tip.It are actually honour clans, believe it or not.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Uhm, nothing happened to my clan, and we haven't changed. Just because we're smaller than the powerhouses on RSC, it doesn't make us automatically seem bad because other big clans tend to have no honour.

We're(T0) an honour clan, just because we aren't a massively well known clan (in the Clan World) it doesn't make us no-honour. Clans like THE, Gladz spring to mind the most if your question is about PVP clans, which in my mind is short-sighted seeing as you're posting on Tip.It, which for the majority consists of CWA clans.

Not sure whether you're asking these questions as a flame bait or to try and say BK is an honour clan and that you're amazing, because most clans on Tip.It are actually honour clans, believe it or not.

I tried to do no such thing... It just seems so cause I just copy and pasted it from my forums and changed the words a litle. Sorry if you got offended, Ill re-word it.

sep05Cowpiehead.png

This pretty much. Also, what makes clans no honour is that they not only crash, but they ddos/hack/dos. Seriously, ddosing/hacking is just sad in my opinion. I mean, it's just a game. You don't have to take away someone's internet just cause you wanna win a pixel war.

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010

Times have changed, defining honnor is up to how you see it, naturally if you're really old school and came out of retirement you wouldn't agree with certain things and you would instantly shun them as no honnor.

There are plenty of honnor clans still out there not just BK.

No one clan is perfect in the eyes of the clan world when it comes to honnor, there will always be something you've done that is 'no honnor' to some one else.

6590ew.jpg

You forgot to mention the fact that you invented no honor, Joe.

I'd say there are a lot of honor clans out there, but you're not going to find them if you're looking at the top posters on RSC, or even Tip.it for that matter.

sigfinalcopy.jpg

True Ownage Co-Leader

evertonp.jpg

I tried to do no such thing... It just seems so cause I just copy and pasted it from my forums and changed the words a litle. Sorry if you got offended, Ill re-word it.

Ahh, ok. I'll give my responses for the updated questions:

Has it changed in your clan?

No, we've always been an honour based clan. The odd flaming may happen every now and then but it's very rare our members conduct themselves in a bad manner, and I think we're thought of as an honour clan as opposed to no honour.

I think there's a fair few honour clans about, but in my opinion it tends to be clans outside the top 10/15/20.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Hasn't really changed in Solace. We started as a collection of EX-SE members, so the concept of honor was no stranger to us. And as we got stronger, it still hasn't changed. There's just more of us now ;)

There aren't a lot of honor clans out there. Most clans think it okay to crash others every time they go out into the wilderness, whether they're in planned fights or not. Some individuals think it's okay to be the most vile person they can. And of course, there's DDoS'ing. I think the futility felt by clans with being unable to stop DDoS'ers and the like, the overall continued decline of the community, and such has lead to lower standards. The good ones are still out there--you just have to sift and sort through them.

hzvjpwS.gif

Personally, I don't think crashing is that big of a deal. I wouldn't say I'd like to crash a clan's event, but if they crashed mine, I don't think I'd care. It's the wild and it's free-for-all.. it makes the game a lot more fun and interesting, so hey, if you like crashing, go for it. Just be prepared to deal with the consequences. :razz:

However, what is crossing the line is hacking/ddosing.. That I have a big issue with. I mean, first of all, it's a criminal offense, and that in itself should show people how serious it is. Second, to do that over a game? How much of a life do these people have?

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

However, what is crossing the line is hacking/ddosing.. That I have a big issue with. I mean, first of all, it's a criminal offense, and that in itself should show people how serious it is. Second, to do that over a game? How much of a life do these people have?

That's actually my biggest issue with this current generation. The individual can do a hell of a lot more damage than a clan ever could nowadays. And there's virtually no way to stop it. They know this. If you have the financial means, you can obtain a botnet and wreak havoc and you'll have NO chances of being caught. Hacking, DDoS'ing...they're virtually impossibly to trace and press charges because of how volatile computer data is.

'No Honor' clans like Noobs Inc were a known quantiy. They could be dealt with. Their damage they could do was strictly limited within the confines of the game--where such things belong. It did make things more interesting, for all they were annoying as hell.

hzvjpwS.gif

Basically No

Not to give these certan clans an ego boost but the few remaining honor clans left

RSD/TT Kinda :S

For the powerhouses however if you get into CWA clans you have to look at a whole different type of scale I guess :S

!!!!FUZZY BEAR! THE NEW DEFINITION OF A FACEPALM HAS ARRIVED TO TIP.IT FORUMS BE READY FOR THE BEAR!!!!

That's actually my biggest issue with this current generation. The individual can do a hell of a lot more damage than a clan ever could nowadays. And there's virtually no way to stop it. They know this. If you have the financial means, you can obtain a botnet and wreak havoc and you'll have NO chances of being caught. Hacking, DDoS'ing...they're virtually impossibly to trace and press charges because of how volatile computer data is.

'No Honor' clans like Noobs Inc were a known quantiy. They could be dealt with. Their damage they could do was strictly limited within the confines of the game--where such things belong. It did make things more interesting, for all they were annoying as hell.

+1 to this.

>> DF-RUNE-WILL<<

>> DOWNFALL COUNCIL SINCE OCT 08' <<

Be Part of the Downfall Today!:

Click For Downfall's Site!

#Downfall on swift irc

>>110+ Clan (108+ for Fa) - 85+ Def. - 70+ Mage - 15+ Rune sets - TS3<<

Has it changed in your clan? Nope, tr hasnt intentionally crashed a fight since ive been in it(almost a year).

Also,

What Clans do you think are still honour these days, if any? Id still consider most clans outside the top 5 to be honor. Although many clans dont stop to clear crashers if they're not being targeted which is kind of scummy imo. only clans that crash outside of the top 5 that i can think of are Fools and DK. Not including random cc teams.

Yes.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

Someone explain to me what Honor & No Honor are in Runescape terms? I've always believed that the only thing that matters is really whether the clan bases its actions on right or wrong, with their own values attatched to each. Honor and No Honor is just a group label that people aparently change value to all the time <_< Everyone will always think differently off something and there's never a definite meaning.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

2M is 100% honour.

We crash for the poor people, kinda robinhoodish on runescape

LOL

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

To me it seems it's come down to what each and every individual of the clan is willing to do, and how far past the "honour" line they are willing to go. The more of these members, the less "honour" a clan will have, and subsequently the more "no honour" tactics it will use. It seems like it's everyones personal choice now, whether to stand in the light or the dark so to speak, and not the overall clan as a whole.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

It's not really about honor and no honor anymore, it's more about respect. We prefer to fight respectful opponents, which includes returning in gear, minimal flaming etc. We also provide respectful fights. IF you're disrespectful, then odds are we won't fight you very often at all. However, as far as Solace goes, we're as honor as you can get. We auto kick people who crash fights, and we don't allow any type of hacking or anything like that.

You can always find something in a clan that a group of people find "no honor". The word "no honor" is basically used as an excuse to make others look bad, while saving your own rep tbh.

I would consider DDos and hacking NH, that is a really sad way to overcome your opponent, and I think most of you agree with that.

lightningcopy.png