BTS July 2014

Miss Lioness

While the boss is probably very meaty content for a lot of players here, I think the past few months were very lackluster, just like last year. As someone with lvl 70-80 gear I probably won't have any chance of survival at the boss anyway.

I hope we get the twitch streaming before araxxor simply so I can begin streaming it at the go.

I have more guesses on abilities and tactics for araxxor:

Light and Dark - Run/surge to the webs and set them on fire before the darkness overcomes you and araxxor pounces. BTS shows the player lighting the web on fire which seemingly stuns araxxor.

Cacoon - Cast freedom before araxxor can take a bite out of you. BTS shows "you successfully struggle from the caccoon."

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

QBD - Level 80 solo boss

Araxxor - Level 90 solo boss

??

Sounds about right really...

And im guessing we should expect some interesting skill drops of they are better than the QBD. Im hoping that there are some big tertiary herblore ingredients such as grenwall spikes, limpwurt roots, red spider eggs, unicorn horns, white berries, etc. The QBD really has it good with her lantadyme and torstol drops. Im excited to see what comes.

In the mean time im going to work on some DIY antipoison++.

Edit: Crap! Magic tree roots... crap!

Might just solo corp a bit. Maybe ill gey lucky.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

MORE KEEPSAKE SLOTS!

I'm more excited about this than the boss tbh.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Finally they open up some hoarded names. Bit of a lackluster month though, content for end-tier combat players (again) and Legacy mode (something I will enjoy looking forward to) ....and a Rhino....

Popoto.~<3

QBD - Level 80 solo boss

??

I doubt Araxxor will be 'true' t90. He will probably, with the correct strategy and t80 weps/gear (or ports tank stuff) be doable. At least that is my guess.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

QBD - Level 80 solo boss

??

I doubt Araxxor will be 'true' t90. He will probably, with the correct strategy and t80 weps/gear (or ports tank stuff) be doable. At least that is my guess.

Well, it SHOULD be that way. However I fear that would be only for the top PvM'ers.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

QBD - Level 80 solo boss

??

Well, it SHOULD be that way. However I fear that would be only for the top PvM'ers.

Why should it be that way? If you got ports armour and the second highest tier of weapons it should be enough to take on a solo boss which drops the next tier of weapons in my opinion.

lGxorje.png

QBD - Level 80 solo boss

??

Why should it be that way? If you got ports armour and the second highest tier of weapons it should be enough to take on a solo boss which drops the next tier of weapons in my opinion.

I meant that it should be that, just as you now described.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

And here I am, sitting, hoping that Drygores will crash hard :D

Drygores have pretty much nowhere to go already though :P

Now seismics, on the other hand ...

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It SHOULD, but considering we're speaking of Jagex, and even more, Chris L, expect lvl 90 gear to be required. :P

That is what I am afraid for.

• Like 2

Account Help

given how long jagex tried to keep nex relevant for, i can't imagine them simply shitting on vorago, their most engaging piece of boss content to date, with an easily farmable 2h weap.  My guess is that they'll be sigil-rare and the bulk of the gp/hr will come from resource drops.

best drops (reasonably accurate/up to date): 1x Elysian Sigil (LS), 1x Arcane Sigil (cs), 4x Armadyl Hilt (solo at 100m, 100m, 50m, and 5m), 2x Saradomin Hilt (solo at 25m), 5x Draconic Visage (34m,1.2m,1.2m) and various cs/ls/ffa Nex splits.
Drygore Drops: 7 Longswords, 3 Maces, 3 Rapiers, 3 Off-hand Rapiers,  5 Off-hand Maces, 3 Off-hand Longswords

ROTS Shields: 12  Seismics: 16

Ascension Crossbows: 6  Spider Legs: 10

Countless Armadyl armour pieces, Saradomin amulets, Dragon Hatchets, and Fremenik Rings.
Range~Herblore~Construction~Constitution~Defence~Farming~Magic~Attack~Prayer~Strength~Summoning~Slayer~Mining~Dungeoneering~Firemaking~Agility~Magic Mastery~Summoning Mastery~Cooking~Smithing~Fletching~Thieving~Hunter~Woodcutting~Fishing~Runecrafting

QBD - Level 80 solo boss

??

I meant that it should be that, just as you now described.

Ah, ok, I must have misunderstood your post then.

#Superexcited

lGxorje.png

It SHOULD, but considering we're speaking of Jagex, and even more, Chris L, expect lvl 90 gear to be required. :P

Endgame content requires endgame gear? Alert the internet! I want to punch Araxxor to death.

given how long jagex tried to keep nex relevant for, i can't imagine them simply shitting on vorago, their most engaging piece of boss content to date, with an easily farmable 2h weap.  My guess is that they'll be sigil-rare and the bulk of the gp/hr will come from resource drops.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they do it though. They tend to be incredibly shortsighted in such matters. I wouldn't even be surprised if these 2h weapons are the best weapons for months to come, until they suddenly wake up and decide to balance things (aka Drygorescape/Seismicscape 2.0). Look at EoC - the game-changing stuff that was supposed to balance the triangle, was completely unbalanced in an extreme fashion, skewed towards mage and melee, for well over a year. They only attempted to balance it in 2014, and only now have we gotten some measure of balance.

Endgame content requires endgame gear? Alert the internet! I want to punch Araxxor to death.

The idea is that bosses dropping tier 90 weapons should not require tier 90 weapons to defeat, not that end game content should be punch-able.

• Like 6

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

The idea is that bosses dropping tier 90 weapons should not require tier 90 weapons to defeat, not that end game content should be punch-able.

...Tell me I'm not the only one who would like the latter to be possible (if ball-crushingly difficult) for like the most skilled boss fighters in the community, though

...Tell me I'm not the only one who would like the latter to be possible (if ball-crushingly difficult) for like the most skilled boss fighters in the community, though

Good times.

Still should be possible with EOC, maybe a bit faster due to better accuracy in general.

• Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.