TWR Multiclanning rule, discussion + poll.

Gamerr

TWR multiclanning rule.  

73 members have voted

1. 1. TWR multiclanning rule.

• Change it to you can be in 1 clan overall. (so no multiclanning allowed within or outside of the TWR)
    • It's good how it is now (You can be in only 1 TWR clan).
    • You can be in multiple clans outside of the TWR, but capped to a certain amount (2 for example)
    • Let the clans decide while agreeing the rules (so no multiclanners, cap the multiclanners, ...)

POLL IS UP UNTIL THE 28TH OF JULY 2009. YOU CAN VOTE FOR 1 OPINION, PLEASE EXPLAIN ON THE TOPIC WHY YOU VOTED FOR A CERTAIN OPTION. THANKS!

Hey. I noticed how my post on the TWR forums concerning the new multiclanning rule brought up some discussion. I am aware that there's already a topic about it but I'm starting a new one because I'm going to add a poll later to see the decisions.

I've been contacted by 'dfchester' and he had an idea to add to the multiclanning rule.

Ok, I will basically tell you sugeestions to the Multi-Clanning rule.

30 minutes to Clan A vs Clan B War, The Leaders have checked there is no Multi-Clanners, but Clan C just added a member from clan A to their ML 30 minutes before the War, and Clan B found out and technically Clan A broke the Multi-Clanning rule, Is that Dh's fault?

We could have a solution to this rule, 72 Hours Runehead check! Clan Leaders or a Representative can check the Opponments ML's and name the Multi-Clanners in the Declaration, so then the Leader or the Multi-Clanner can remove the Person/himself off the ML. You'll have to do this 72 Hours before the War, because most of the Wars, there is a 48 hours Runehead lock meaning you can't add/remove members. In this way, you would ask to yourself "How does this solve Clan C adding a member of Clan A just before a War"? well, if Clan B checked Clan A's ML 72 hours BEFORE the War and resulted no Multi-Clanners, it must mean that Clan C added a member from Clan A to favour Clan B a win, meaning Clan C would severly get punished.

This is an addition to the current multiclan rule, and I also want to know if you like this multiclan rule like it's stated now (so it's only for clans on the TWR list) or do you rather see a general no-multiclan rule?

Discuss please, I'll add a poll after a few days.

signature4s.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't put 72 hours memberlist lock too every war, active clans wars a lot for TWR and + other wars outside of Tip.it

When you have time to add applicants then, because every day somebody applies?

I think best solution is that clans agree multi-clanning rules at declaration topic individually if they feel too.

106h346.png

Can't put 72 hours memberlist lock too every war, active clans wars a lot for TWR and + other wars outside of Tip.it

When you have time to add applicants then, because every day somebody applies?

I think best solution is that clans agree multi-clanning rules at declaration topic individually if they feel too.

I agree that it should be up to the clans participating in the war to decide.

j0xPu5R.png

Well I think you already know my opinion.... Cap of 5 members that are able to war that are on more than 1 official clan list outside of tip.it... And no multi clanning within clans inside of tip.it.... As for 72 hour check... Meh it would be hard for active warring clans but I see pros and cons.... Cap the multiple official list members@@@@@@ :)

>> DF-RUNE-WILL<<

>> DOWNFALL COUNCIL SINCE OCT 08' <<

Be Part of the Downfall Today!:

Click For Downfall's Site!

#Downfall on swift irc

>>110+ Clan (108+ for Fa) - 85+ Def. - 70+ Mage - 15+ Rune sets - TS3<<

What I can see working best is either simply letting the clans warring make the decision on multiclanning outside of TWR (naturally there would be zero tolerance for multiclanning withing TWR), or a set number of members allowed on other official lists as runepkers20 suggests.

Methods such as a 72 hour check would be way too much work, and other than the general rule runepkers20 suggested, I can't see a general rule going over well.

Neltak.png

Ok normally I wouldn't go off topic like this, but recent events require a reply.

Some df members (understand that I mean individual members and not the clan as a whole) have been continuously taking shots at Legendz and this is just the latest. Implying that Legendz tried to cheat Dh out of a win by adding one of their members!?!?! Can you give evidence? Did it ever occur to you that the Dh member might have wanted to join Lgz and just wasnt taken off the Dh ml in time?

I can't believe a TWR mod would allow that to be posted publicly on forums, much less post it himself. Just think for a second, why would Legendz do this? We aren't particularly friendly with Hp, and we certainly don't have anything against Dh.

You could very easily have said "clan A added a member from clan B", there's no reason to drag names into this. It's not really even Dfchester's fault, he sent it as a pm and probably never intended for everyone to see it. So why couldn't a TWR mod have some tact and edit out specific clan names in an event that was pretty obviously a coincedence or a mistake in the first place?

sigfinalcopy.jpg

True Ownage Co-Leader

evertonp.jpg

I don't like how DH is pointed out In this topic.

Like i said If person can be in 1 TWR clan and 1 PVP CLAN and can make both events of clans i don't know why they shouldn't be allowed to join TWR clan while being in PVP clan.

mosthated2.jpg

red.gif?t=1251559872

bestflamer2.jpg

Ok normally I wouldn't go off topic like this, but recent events require a reply.

Some df members (understand that I mean individual members and not the clan as a whole) have been continuously taking shots at Legendz and this is just the latest. Implying that Legendz tried to cheat Dh out of a win by adding one of their members!?!?! Can you give evidence? Did it ever occur to you that the Dh member might have wanted to join Lgz and just wasnt taken off the Dh ml in time?

I can't believe a TWR mod would allow that to be posted publicly on forums, much less post it himself. Just think for a second, why would Legendz do this? We aren't particularly friendly with Hp, and we certainly don't have anything against Dh.

You could very easily have said "clan A added a member from clan B", there's no reason to drag names into this. It's not really even Dfchester's fault, he sent it as a pm and probably never intended for everyone to see it. So why couldn't a TWR mod have some tact and edit out specific clan names in an event that was pretty obviously a coincedence or a mistake in the first place?

Its just a example, I can show Jc showing a example if you like?

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Interesting topic :)

Multi-clanning defeats the purpose of fair play and the authenticity of a fair competition. Clans that indulge in this sort of activity should be profiled once reported. Clans that continue to have multiclanners like this should be moved from green zone to yellow zone to red zone and consequently taxed for ranking in the list, although this requires considerable amount of administration.

In my opinion you cannot judge the strength or ability of a clan when its identity is diluted by participants from another clan whether they be from another TWR clan OR a RSC/RSB/PVP clan - an extra person or two matters in the out come of wars one way or the other. Nobody can deny this fact. The "identity" of a clan gets diluted by having multi-clanners. And a clan's real "identity" is what matters in the end to have a sense of fair play or true victory when it comes to inter-clan competitions when they say "we did it!".

Individuals or clans that advocate multi-clanning might as well create a "Team" and go "owning". Everyone does that, so can you as long as your "clan label" isn't being "promoted/advertised" by victories in a competition.

Another way to stop this is to have all clans create their TWR ML's separately which could be monitored by a governing body - free from all multi-clanners, while they can allow those secondary clanning buddies to join into their "non-TWR" listing.

Maintaining a fair competition and Effort are directly proportional ;)

R5O5

2001 - 2007

What I can see working best is either simply letting the clans warring make the decision on multiclanning outside of TWR (naturally there would be zero tolerance for multiclanning withing TWR), or a set number of members allowed on other official lists as runepkers20 suggests.

Methods such as a 72 hour check would be way too much work, and other than the general rule runepkers20 suggested, I can't see a general rule going over well.

:thumbsup: Agreed.

It should be up to the clan leaders.

some might want just a 24h lock not 72, some might allow multiclanning.

Agreed with what runex said EXCEPT I dont see how they having members from non TWR clans affect the fairness of the TWR. A clan could allow that if they wanted, even if it dilutes identity, I see it more as a disadvantage.

Why?

Because you cant rely on multiclanners, if theres an event of 2 of his/her clan at the same time they might ditch you with no remorse.

UNLESS is like MASSIVE members from X non-twr clan are in Y-twr clan, now THEN we got a problem because it wouldnt be EXAMPLE: Tk, but it would be, Tk+Corr.

Teams or Country clans, should be allowed to have massive multiclann tho, cuz they are that, teams and country clans, otherwise, if we are gonna get harsh about multiclanning, I dont see how teams/country clans could participate in the twr. Ex DH/TKO have ALOT of CORR members.

gene.png

gene2.png

gene3.png

person who won the most awards: Generaldesor

RETIRED

This was merely an example made by Clay More12, who isn't even in DF anymore, i don't understand how you are so offended.

crsigl.png

§ Crimson Raiders Veteran | skull_crossbones.gif Ex Downfall Warlord | bcouncil.gif Ex Team Vendetta Council

Everybody can see and everybody knows this is an example. I didn't think somebody could be offended by an example but I've changed it.

I did that now, but I personally find it very hard to understand the idea now. But I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I appologize to Legendz I didn't mean to imply anything.

signature4s.jpg

You know, the current rules could make it so I could add random non TWR-clan members to my ml and say they're Legendz. Not gunna mention names, but I've noticed this happening in one TWR clan. Now I don't know why this is done, but at the moment this clan is getting away with it, and scoring some big wins as a result.

I just don't know how this can be changed without some sort of argument or opposion, bring back the old rule, and there will be a lot of fuss and chaos. Not change it, and there's still fuss and the odd chaos, as well as what I'd call cheating. Not for me to mention on public boards though.

This hasn't been solved. Not one little bit. This is why I suggested a comprimise in the other topic, but it seems like no-one except Mr Runepkers noticed because they were too busy flaming/flame baiting. :shame:

My suggestion was for both clans to agree on a multi clanning cap. This would entail a cap set by both clans as to how many multi clanners in and out of TWR that are allowed to participate. The example I gave was 5. 5 would be a good cap because it's a fair comprimise between the clans with lots of multi clanners and the clans that allowed NO multi clanning. In my opinion multi clanning is unfair and it shouldn't be allowed at all, but we can't have the rules our way all the time, therefore this is, in my opinion, the best possible solution we can have.

As for the current rule of losing points per 1 TWR multi clanner, that should still stand while this rule is in effect.

Oh, and at Beck, don't worry about the poor guy, this is the third time he's used LGZ as an example, maybe he really likes us. :lol:

New account: Jack

ohhh gamerr hun, if u do a poll... please put up an option to cap it plzz :)

>> DF-RUNE-WILL<<

>> DOWNFALL COUNCIL SINCE OCT 08' <<

Be Part of the Downfall Today!:

Click For Downfall's Site!

#Downfall on swift irc

>>110+ Clan (108+ for Fa) - 85+ Def. - 70+ Mage - 15+ Rune sets - TS3<<

I fail to see the need to have this handled by the twr, I really think it should be up to the individual clans warring.

However, perhaps multi-clanning should be a valid reason to decline a TWR declaration.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I fail to see the need to have this handled by the twr, I really think it should be up to the individual clans warring.

However, perhaps multi-clanning should be a valid reason to decline a TWR declaration.

Now that rule would work.

Some teams, country clans, other mini-games clans are listed as Official Clan, a lot of arguement

I quick searched Tip.it Top Clans memberlists and found many multi-clanners(found 1 Tip.it multi-clanner too ::' )

Some clans are very strict about multi-clanning, some take it easier +

some member might join some clan without leaders knowing it, can't check members every week, just no time

Of course, somewhere is a line

106h346.png

Some teams, country clans, other mini-games clans are listed as Official Clan, a lot of arguement

I quick searched Tip.it Top Clans memberlists and found many multi-clanners(found 1 Tip.it multi-clanner too ::' )

Some clans are very strict about multi-clanning, some take it easier +

some member might join some clan without leaders knowing it, can't check members every week, just no time

Of course, somewhere is a line

But in order to solve this problem you need to define "multi-clanning".

Is it being in more than one TWR clan? More than one "main clan"? Or just more than one clan at all?

polvCwJ.gif

If I put up a poll, these are the current options I have in mind (seeing the replies from this topic). I'm sticking to 4 options.

What do you think of the multi-clanning rule in the TWR?

Option 1: It's fine how it is now. [You can't be in more then 1 TWR clan]

Option 2: It's not good now, change it to you can't be in more then 1 clan overall.

Option 3: It's not good now, change it to you can be in multiple clans, but capped to like 2 (so maximum in 2 clans)

Option 4: While agreeing the rules, let the clans decide (so or no multiclanners, or a cap for the multiclanners etc.)

signature4s.jpg

I like option #4. However, I think that my idea of making multi-clanning a valid reason to decline a declaration is good enough to at least warrant an option in the poll.

I'll give an example.

Clan A declares on Clan B.

Clan B accepts. Clan B then notices that 2 days before the war Clan A has added x members from Clan C to their memberlist. Clan B can then pull out/decline the war with no point loss.

Of course there would be proof needed, and it would be up to the TWR mods to judge as such.

polvCwJ.gif

I like option #4. However, I think that my idea of making multi-clanning a valid reason to decline a declaration is good enough to at least warrant an option in the poll.

I'll give an example.

Clan B accepts. Clan B then notices that 2 days before the war Clan A has added x members from Clan C to their memberlist. Clan B can then pull out/decline the war with no point loss.

Of course there would be proof needed, and it would be up to the TWR mods to judge as such.

How much "x members" is it for a decline in your opinion?

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

You could be better off fighting the war as you could gain points for winning as the other team could have been disqualified for breaking the multi-clanning cap though.

I'll give an example.

How much "x members" is it for a decline in your opinion?

One, if they can prove it.

polvCwJ.gif