Tip.It Times: Cleaning away the scum

Eeeeediot

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know...

even though turoths take no damage from anything other than the appropriate slayer weapon attacks, you can still use guthans to heal from them. they don't take any damage, but you'll be healed as if you hit for the damage!

just found that out today..

anyways, i didn't really find the article very interesting.. just a documentary. of course i can't really speak until i write something myself.. so maybe i should..

ubersig2se0.jpg

Amazing,I'm thrilled to know tha jagex is taking seriouse action in order to improve the game.My friends have lost all of they're acounts due to macroing.Jagex is no longer banning the acount wich is used to macro but all the acounts under the same IP adress.

The increase in price is probably the downfall in all of this although I haven't noticed anything increasing in price yet. I'm just going to buy around 30k coal before anything actually hapens :)

anyways, i didn't really find the article very interesting.. just a documentary. of course i can't really speak until i write something myself.. so maybe i should..

Yes indeed :wink:

Imo the articles are usually more interesting for people who don't follow the latest events via the forums on a daily basis. Still, can't please all the people all the time :)

All may seem fine, but i have noticed that some friends that have not used macros at all are even banned. One person got banned for advertising a site (all he said this drop was supported by ~~~), one got banned for no known reason, another got banned for going into the wild and burying 1k big bones, and one other got banned for something which i can remember (but it was a repedative task). Although it may stop troublemakers, it is almost like an abrasive sanding over the wood of the game.

Eep lots of editing lol.

Anyway, glad to see (most of) you enjoyed the read. Maybe I'll get to write more of them in the future ;)

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

:D I liked this article. I am not sure how much the mass ban really affected prices but I sold my santa hat when it had a short [bleep]e :wink:

In other news, the article is titled "Taking out the Trash" not "Cleaning away the scum".

Its a minigame. The first person to catch him gets a Klondike Bar and a handshake from Chuck Norris. Watch out those 2 combined may have adverse effects.

Question 1-- Is this article saying autoers are gone?

Question 2-- If not then how do I spot an autoer?

Question 3-- If autoers can be spoted what do I do?

Code:

newbankofrsyq0.gif

No. Only the once that were detected and Im sure about 1k of those players did nothing wrong.

They usualy use default character image, follow same pattern over and over, slow on answering randoms.

Report them.

Question 1: No, apparently only macro-ers using a certain shell-intergration client were banned

Question 2: Heh, they usually lvl 3, with the default (starting) clothes, doing the same thing over and over

Question 3:Use your judgement

If you talk every so often, don't advertise or direct people to sites, stay away from the default look, and avoid public computers (as security is lower there and wide range bans tend to come from public computers), you should be fine.

I suspect that there will be more mass bans in the future-- autoers aren't gone by a long shot-- they'll be around to be reported.

Good work, odd. It's nice to have all the information together in one little spot.