The Keris guide ~On your way to hit 100+~

brunokiller

Introduction

Well, alot of people at my clan(Affliction) were amazed by the high hits I hitted with a keris.

And they asked me how ::'

Table of content

2.What is a keris and how can I get it?

3:What setup and inventory should I use?

4:What to do

5:How high have you hit?

6:FAQ

7:Credits

2. What is a keris and where do I get it?

To get a keris you must first do Contact! quest. Don't get scared of its 'master' difficulty, it's an easy quest, I recommend about 80 combat though. If you lose it you can get it back from Osman, located in Al-Kharid, near the palace

osmanvj0.png

This is how the keris looks like, and its stats

thisisakerisqc3.png

It's special ability is the special effect of hitting three times as high on kalphites or scarabs as you normally would. So if you hit a 20, you hit a 60 with the special!

The special does not have a special bar, it activates randomly, with the inventory shown below you get about 10 specials on avarage.

This is the text you get in the chatbox if the special activates

kerismessagefv1.png

3. Setup/inventory

This is the setup I use

kerissetupsc8.png

Helm:Black mask(with kalphites assignment)>helm of neitiznot>Berserker helm>God mitre>Proselyte helm>initiate helm

Amulet:Amulet of strenght>Amulet of fury>Amulet of Glory

Body:Bandos chestplate>Fighter torso>Proselyte plate>Monk robetop>Initiate plate

Legs:Bandos tassets>Proselyte legs/Monk robebottom>Initiate legs

Weapon:Keris obviously

Shield:Dragonfire shield>Rune defender>Obsidian shield>Addy defender>Don't bother

Gloves:Your best Recipe for disaster gloves

Boots:Dragon boots>Rune boots>Climbing boots>Can't you afford climbing boots?:boohoo:

Cape:Fire cape>Trimmed skillcape>God cloak>Anything else

Ring:Berserker ring>Warrior ring>Ring of wealth

superantikw9.pngSuper-antipoison potion. Because the monster we will fight can poison you.

superattackau0.pngSuper-attack potion, always useful to have, helps alot :P

superattackei6.pngSuper Strength potion-the key of hitting high

superattackka5.pngPrayer potion-Because we are NH noobs that like to pray

superattackyf2.pngRope, needed to get into the dungeon with kalphites

shantaypassur9.pngNeeded to get through the Shantay pass

superattacklb2.pngAncient mace, its special attack gives you prayer points by the amount of damage you hit. Another slice of Ham quest reward

shantaypassac0.pngAny tele will do fine

You could also take a holy wrench, didn't have one at the time of making this guide

4.What to do?

Go through the Shantay Pass, run to the dungeon entrance, use your rope on it, and climb down

shantaypasspt5.png

Once you are at the lvl 141 kalphites, drink a dose of super attack and super strenght.

Once your strenght drops about 2 points, repot

shantaypassxm9.png

Then flick on piety and melee protect, and have fun! If you don't have a high enough prayer level to use piety use chivalry or the best strenght boosting prayer you have.

pietymeleeyq3.png

Don't go down that hole, unless you want to get massacred by the Kalphite Queen!

Then(if you have it) turn on hypercam so if you aren't fast enough with the Print-Screen button when the special activates, you still have it on video! :D

If you don't have hypercam, and want to download it/don't know how it works, please read How to guide: Recording RS Videos on a PC using Hypercam

5.How high have you hit?

This is my max hit so far, at 91 strenght, also the highest hit I know of with 91 strenght.

[hide=105 from me]keris105bz2.png[/hide]

The highest hit I know of is a 108, if you have screenies of higher hits please post them here.

I don't know how high you can hit with maxed out strenght, but I've seen a 108 from a maxed out guy =D>

[hide=A 108 hit from Scizorz]

Scizorz has 99 strenght

Hit a 69 and 91 too :)

Best str bonus I could get.

mostinsanehiteveriw5.png

[/hide]

6.FAQ

I heard the dagger hits high too when it doesn't use special

This is true, it hits about as hard as a whip(I maxed 46 with both with super strenght, piety and black mask), but it doesn't seem to triple those hits

Why don't you to the area below Sophanem bank?

They monster with the highest hp only has 90 hp, not really efficient, kalhite soldiers have 90 hp too, and are much easier to kill. also you'd get hit by all combat styles, and you can only pray against one.

7.Credits

Me

Jagex for making Runescape

Imageshack for hosting my images

Forum.tip.it for letting me pollute their forums

Scizorz for his 108 pic

If I made any grammar mistakes, please point them out

if I made any grammar mistakes, please point them out(period)

:lol: Happy to oblige ::'

On Topic: Nice guide =D>

I've known about the special ability of Keris for a long time, but was far too lazy to go kill some kalphite #-o

Maybe you could post if you get the actual exp while using Keris like you do other weps (i.e. You get 4 xp for every 1 damage), or if the xp is cut in half....whatever.

Also, I believe a section on the area beneath the bank in Sophanem wouldn't go amiss :)

allcp5.gif

yewbotssmallqu7.png

if I made any grammar mistakes, please point them out(period)

:lol: Happy to oblige ::'

On Topic: Nice guide =D>

I've known about the special ability of Keris for a long time, but was far too lazy to go kill some kalphite #-o

Maybe you could post if you get the actual exp while using Keris like you do other weps (i.e. You get 4 xp for every 1 damage), or if the xp is cut in half....whatever.

Also, I believe a section on the area beneath the bank in Sophanem wouldn't go amiss :)

I'd assume you get the normal xp, even when the special activates.

If you're hitting the 3x hit, it should give normal xp I think, but if you're going to pray and piety anyways you might as well go to bandits lol.

The area below Sophanem, I have no idea, I'll look there Friday, don't think it's that good though, as you can't get scarab assignments.

Nice 105! this looks like a good guide... also, I think I've seen a 134 around these forums somewhere... it might've been in a "monster drops and hits" thread... something like that...

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

Very good guide, but how effective/fast is killing the guardians? Is it a viable option for Slayer? [i currently skip my Kalphite tasks as I have no cannon]

If you don't mind spending one dose of ppot for each guardian, yes lol, but you need to wait for them to respawn..so

I do recall seeing a higher hit but yes this is one of the highest I have seen with the keris :)

I almost want to say that those things can be one hit, I mean there is so much more potiential for higher hits there, for example being your only lvl 91 of 99 strength, plus you also could be wearing a dragon fires shield and upping your total strength bonus by just that 2 points more then the rune defender all though you would obviously suffer a bit from the lack of the rune defenders accuracy.

However your also doing the above by using a strength amulet in place of a fury.

Bottom line of what im saying here. Is that you need to get your strength up and buy a dragon fire shield and then we can truely see some 1 hits on these kalphite guardians <3:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

I do recall seeing a higher hit but yes this is one of the highest I have seen with the keris :)

I almost want to say that those things can be one hit, I mean there is so much more potiential for higher hits there, for example being your only lvl 91 of 99 strength, plus you also could be wearing a dragon fires shield and upping your total strength bonus by just that 2 points more then the rune defender all though you would obviously suffer a bit from the lack of the rune defenders accuracy.

However your also doing the above by using a strength amulet in place of a fury.

Bottom line of what im saying here. Is that you need to get your strength up and buy a dragon fire shield and then we can truely see some 1 hits on these kalphite guardians <3:

And a fire cape.

Why don't you give it a try, you're 98 strenght <3:

lol, and I'm too poor for a dfs, and I flip out at jad+healers

strenght potion-the key of hitting high

Why don't you to to the area below Sophanem bank?

If I made any grammar mistakes, please point them out

gr8 guide, this oughta be the first thing ill try when i become a memb =P :thumbsup:

also, i bolded some spelling/grammer mistakes

bloodfin711.png

This is a very explanatory guide. 10/10 :)

However, the amount of actual specs is very bad for a weapon that is specific to a certain type of monster. I know the people doing this will be like uber rich and all, but there is almost no income whatsoever from this aside from the occasional rune med helm.

Btw I maxed a 57 lol :wall: ...great guide again.

bazrippingjagex.jpg