Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TheAncient

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheAncient

  1. Because, as you said, when everyone knows how to prayer switch perfectly(and people will learn in a giffie), it doesn't benefit anyone. Why would we all agree upon something that doesn't benefit anyone? sounds stupid. And not as though it doesn't benefit anyone, it will make pking much more costly and make getting kills much harder. Do you want an empty wilderness? The dishonor of prayers really needs a real pker to know. If you aren't a pker, it's seemingly hard to understand the honor behind not praying in nonmulty. Again, I have issue with this statement because I just don't see that true in most pking vids and in my experience. By your reasoning, PKing should take absolutely no skill and people should expect a 50/50% ratio against people with their own gear. So what's the point? Taken to the extreme, why should we even use food? As a non-pker, I'm really interested in this reasoning so please expand. I'm not trying to be confrontational in saying that - I am actually just interested.
  2. How and why is prayer switching cheap? It only prolongs the fight if both people know how to do it well. But that's not true. If it were deemed honorable, trust me, everyone would be an ace in prayer switching. It's not really a divine skill, even though you might think you are divine for mastering it. The fact that people have to take time and learn it shows that it is a skill. I'm not saying it's an amazing skill, I'm just saying it's clearly something that advantages you so why not do it.
  3. cool opinion bro can i get a vid of you ss flicking against a tribrid Thanks for the educated response, and no you can't. Then I have no reason to believe that you are right, lol.
  4. cool opinion bro can i get a vid of you ss flicking against a tribrid without any of your protect prays being late How and why is prayer switching cheap? It only prolongs the fight if both people know how to do it well. But that's not true.
  5. Assuming 50% win ratio, explain how Taco Limey has gotted basically 50+ chaotic mauls and staves at 97 dungeoneering Luck? Taco Limey is over rated, and over hyped. Pretty sure he runs around with a divine now anyways. Plus he dies quite a lot too, but he of course doesn't show deaths in his videos. You want to see a less douchey pker look at sparc mac, he actually has videos where he shows himself using statius and a divine, and being koed by a kid in rune, you can't say that this game isn't luck. I'm not saying luck isn't involved, but you shouldn't say skill isn't involved either. People are able to consistently get over 50/50 win loss ratio even using the same gear. I know for example I am able to do this. And no, SS flick along with mage/melee pray does take skill, xpx. Even if you think it is a small amount of skill, it is not small for the vast majority of PKers There should e a reason behind honor, and the reason behind not praying for hybrids is dubious in my opinion
  6. Assuming 50% win ratio, explain how Taco Limey has gotted basically 50+ chaotic mauls and staves at 97 dungeoneering Try to do that against a good hybrid when you're switching 5 items, drinking pots, eating food, etc. every two seconds
  7. So then you just choose to be ignorant; like I said, experiences can lead to incorrect conclusions many, many times. Some people are willing to accept new conclusions in the face of evidence, some are not.
  8. Prayer takes skill; watch a hybrid who knows how to use overheads quickly enough to a hybrid who just leaves SS on. Korasi sword has the highest expected damage per attack, as far as I know. It is completely free, requires just a few quests, and is still more powerful than weapons that cost 30-60M.
  9. of course, it's natural not to like to admit that you're wrong. i have accepted that i was wrong about korasi just like you have accepted you were wrong about gs. the fact that you have to resort to that sort of personal affront irrelevant to the topic at hand shows this point.
  10. Experiences lie, math does not; we are subject to a lot of sampling biases For example, my experiences told me that magic defense affected Korasi sword strength. It does not. To be completely fair, like i mentioned previously - GS have SOME use - maybe like one (TD's if you're too slow at switching whip to be effective). But for all intents and purposes it is effectively never #1 at anything else. It makes sense to think of it as basically useless.
  11. No, I incorporated GS accuracy. (9.7% on GS; ~8.7% on whip) Nice of you to assume that I didn't, though. Actions speak louder than words
  12. Even at 10% accuracy, against a potted praying level 75 player with 1000 defense, whip has 5.7 dps against 5.2 DPS of a GS. try harder! you can do it!
  13. What advantage? What case is it the best? Provide evidence It's called experience :thumbup: I've given as much evidence as you have for the DPS, which is none so far. I'm also not going to pretend I know how the system in RS works either, so I won't ever be doing 'calculations' Godswords have their uses, and you for some odd reason just can't admit that. They are useless to you...they ARE NOT useless for everybody else. Let's say hypothetically I am wrong. At worst, I have reduced the use of GS to maybe like 2 uses at best. About as useful as a CLS. Worthless? Pretty much
  14. Izenheim, do the DPS calculation. Thanks. What advantage? What case is it the best? Provide evidence
  15. If they KS, use pray.
  16. I never said it was relevant to low level dungeoneers. I made the claim for myself. And there is nothing prohibiting anyone from being my dungeoneering level aside from training. This is not the same as making hundreds of thousands of dollars which some people cannot even do in a lifetime. Regardless, address the fact that a competent dungeoneer can also earn a chaotic in the same time, if not faster, as making enough money for a GS. AGAIN, the main point has been totally ignored. GS are bad for DPS. I am arguing on your terms just to show you the extent of which GS are useless. It is undeniable that they are bad, so I am just trying to show you how bad they are.
  17. Yeah your first chaotic sucks but they get exponentially easier. High DG levels are available to basically anyone combat 100+ who can DG. I think it's fair to assume a base level of competency here - I'm not going to set my assumptions to be unreasonably low. Fast, efficient floors are not by definition limited to high level dungeoneers. And you're ignoring the fact that it is still fast. I just showed you the best case scenario, and it is indeed outrageously fast. If people DG with competent people and not 117, you can average 40 minutes a floor and ~60-70K xp each, or 20 hours to get a chaotic. This can still be done in 2 days. Assuming a low level makes ~500K an hour, this is still faster than getting a BGS, let alone AGS/SGS. AGAIN, all of this is irrelevant since in addition to all of these points, GS are just BAD for dps.
  18. huur duur armor isn't reflected in combat level lets not use armor
  19. Is that a joke or willful ignorance to prove your point? I'm willing to bet you 500M that I can get a chaotic within one day, with a full night's sleep. It's easy. With the best teams you can consistently get 20 minute floors, at 200K xp each. That's 600K xp an hour. At 105 DG, I can get 130K a floor at roughly 30 minutes a floor, which is ~250K an hour. That's 8 hours. Even for low levels, whip+defender can be comparable to, most likely better than, BGS for dps even against moderate defense. Whip is much cheaper which is a significant consideration for lower levels. [/hide] Heh...you missed the point there...didn't ya? To be fair, the fact that chaotic weaponry is a sunk cost is irrelevant or inconsequential. It's not as if you are able to utilize the value of the weapon in addition to the combat utility of the weapon. You can only have one at a time. Moreover, your main melee weapon is not something you will sell in the short run. Also, looking at the rate at which GS are deflating in price, I would hardly say they keep their value well. At any rate, the main downsides of GS have not been refuted. GS is terrible for basically everything.
  20. Is that a joke or willful ignorance to prove your point? I'm willing to bet you 500M that I can get a chaotic within one day, with a full night's sleep. It's easy. With the best teams you can consistently get 20 minute floors, at 200K xp each. That's 600K xp an hour. At 105 DG, I can get 130K a floor at roughly 30 minutes a floor, which is ~250K an hour. That's 8 hours. Do some research before you call someone ignorant Even for low levels, whip+defender can be comparable to, most likely better than, BGS for dps even against moderate defense. Whip is much cheaper which is a significant consideration for lower levels. _______ I just did a calculation for whip+defender vs BGS in pvp assuming level 75 stats, nooby gear. Even at ~30% accuracy, whip has a noticeable DPS advantage - 18.37 - versus BGS at 17.65. so lol. it is useless even as a non-spec wep. i guess the ONLY non-spec gs has is TD's if you're too slow to switch with whip _____ It isn't, lol, in fact weapons are much more diverse than before. before it was whip was superior to everything and now you have to consider CLS/Maul/Rapier and not to mention the huge diversity in spec weapons.
  21. Dragon scim is probably better
  22. Alright, godswords may not be in the top 10 (I just threw that out there). But for people who don't have chaotics, they don't "suck". I ignored the word "primary" because there's no reason to include that limitation. Outside of duelling, there is no restriction that prevents you from speccing. You can't just ignore the spec aspects, or else BGS=ZGS=AGS=SGS. Even if you include the word primary, whip is still better normal (non-spec) DPS in like 90% of cases, even for lower levels. It's also cheaper, 1-handed, has less overkill loss, etc. Also, ZS, SS, KS are better in certain cases.
  23. As an extension to this line of reasoning, I don't think modern weapons are overpowered to the point of being uncontrollable. There are two things, other than food, that make modern weapons manageable - praying and divine. Divine is obviously inaccessible to many, but if more people started praying against specs, balance wouldnt be such an isse.
  24. Things I'd like to see: -- No drop for 1-itemers (must risk something to get a reward) -- No forced +1; possible to smite someone out for their last item -- No PJing -- Extremes, ovls, chaotics, KS, claws all allowed
  25. No. /thread No. They're still some of the best weapons, they're just outperformed by claws, chaotics, eee, whip etc. Still a top 10. No. maul rapier cls whip claws eee korasi dds swh vls. Err, who uses swh, vls and dds for a primary weapon? My point is that they don't suck, there are just better alternatives. To be fair, you could say bronze daggers don't suck because they're just an alternative to rune daggers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.