Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Godsword Discussion

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

swordb88
[ Display Name History ]

swordb88

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:chicken beak
As everyone knows, godswords are one of the best weapons in runescape, not only because of thier accuracy and strength bonus, but because of there special abilities. Whether it be freezing an opponent, lowering thier defence, adding to your maximum hit, or regenerating prayer and hitpoints, there is a wide variety of uses and scenarios in which they are favorable.

What other specials or abilities or changes in existing ones would be favorable in similar scenarios in there own unique way?
LOL invite? PM me :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Godswords are junk. There, I said it.

anonymouse_
[ Display Name History ]

anonymouse_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,721 posts

As everyone knows, godswords are one of the best weapons in runescape,

No.

/thread

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

there is a wide variety of uses and scenarios in which they are favorable.

I lol'd

What other specials or abilities or changes in existing ones would be favorable in similar scenarios in there own unique way?

Ummm, what are you asking? What would make them better? Making them 1-handed and giving them a faster attack speed, and balance it by lowering their stats somewhat...oh wait...

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Lap
[ Display Name History ]

Lap

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 283 posts
You should be able to put godswords in your quiver and be able to shoot them with the handcannon, every shot, their special automatically activates.
45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09
Posted Image__________________Posted Image

jsboutin2
[ Display Name History ]

jsboutin2

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 768 posts

I lol'd

Ummm, what are you asking? What would make them better? Making them 1-handed and giving them a faster attack speed, and balance it by lowering their stats somewhat...oh wait...

Oh, you are insinuating chaotic weapons, aren't you ? :P

Now that was subtle.

J35u5_M4
[ Display Name History ]

J35u5_M4

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,319 posts
  • RSN:J35u5 M4
  • Clan:True Maxed
In case you didn't notice, godswords fell horribly in price because Chaotic weaponry is way better.

Posted Image

aspeeder
[ Display Name History ]

aspeeder

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,083 posts

I lol'd

Oh, you are insinuating chaotic weapons, aren't you ? :P

Now that was subtle.

Whip, CR, CLS; all of them are better in almost any situation because the faster attack speed means more dps and the use of the offhand slot gives even more bonuses. Really the only situation I can think of where gs are useful is pking with an ags as both the primary and spec weapon, but that's pretty limited.

Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab
Actually, Godswords can be useful to lower levels, as when your attacking stuff with high defense, the higher accuracy and strength bonus makes it more useful then a whip. But yeah, godswords really aren't that useful, and are definitely NOT the preferred weapon of choice for high levels.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy
Chaotics made Godswords obsolete sadly. Although I would buy up a BGS or two since they are fairly cheap atm, great spec weapon for Corp so I hear.

Low_C.png

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts

In case you didn't notice, godswords fell horribly in price because Chaotic weaponry is way better.

The chaotic maul is superior to godswords in comparison so for any serious players, the maul would be the best choice
for high hits which belonged to the godswords prior to dungeoneering.

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Stringcheze

dragon claws' special
enhanced excalibur's special

Low C
[ Display Name History ]

Low C

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,242 posts
  • RSN:Lowc15
  • Clan:Primacy
Maul reins supreme at Saradomin, CLS at Bandos, Rapier at Daggonth Kings, and CCBow and Rapier/CLS at TDs. I really can't think of a place that godswords are needed anymore other than specing corp.

Low_C.png

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • RSN:IHasChicken
  • RSN2:IHazChicken
To be honest, everyone should buy a BGS.

Nex is going to be harder than Corp. That means there is a fair chance he will have MORE DEFENCE than corp, and maybe even a damage reducer for certain weaponry LIKE CORP, to render D Claws useless to prevent massing.

I don't understand WHY THEN that no one is buying up BGS's to use as a cheap non-degrading defence lowering spec wep to take on Nex.
Posted Image

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

jettrider
[ Display Name History ]

jettrider

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 818 posts
  • RSN:Jettrider
  • Clan:DGS
BGS - Corp, poor man's godsword (newbs think it's good)
ZGS - no use anymore; price held up by Bandos to avoid becoming cheapest godsword; no supply but no demand
SGS - a slayer spec weapon, but not even that good so declining in use
AGS - Outdated KO weapon, claws ruined it. Used for +1 worlds because rushers don't want to lose anything

2496 Completionist

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

Maul reins supreme at Saradomin, CLS at Bandos, Rapier at Daggonth Kings, and CCBow and Rapier/CLS at TDs. I really can't think of a place that godswords are needed anymore other than specing corp.

Nex is going to be harder than Corp. That means there is a fair chance he will have MORE DEFENCE than corp, and maybe even a damage reducer for certain weaponry LIKE CORP, to render D Claws useless to prevent massing.

I don't understand WHY THEN that no one is buying up BGS's to use as a cheap non-degrading defence lowering spec wep to take on Nex.

BGS - Corp, poor man's godsword (newbs think it's good)
ZGS - no use anymore; price held up by Bandos to avoid becoming cheapest godsword; no supply but no demand
SGS - a slayer spec weapon, but not even that good so declining in use
AGS - Outdated KO weapon, claws ruined it. Used for +1 worlds because rushers don't want to lose anything

Isn't ZGS still useful at Zammy GW for the spec?

But frankly yeah, for high level players they're obsolete. Interesting idea about the new boss... however, I know with corp if you have more money to spend it's recommended that you use statius warhammer.

Incidentally, I think there's a small possibility that weapon and the other PVP weapons and armour will stop being degradeable. At least the armour; think about it, this new armour is supposed to surpass pretty much every other defensive item in the game, right? Including PVP. So, gear that degrades in an hour vs.... depends on the catch on the new boss armour tbh. Probably a catch of some sort, positive there'll be one for the bow.

Woops, sorry for the random tangent there. Yes, it is possible the BGS will rise in price due to the new boss, but I doubt it'll be effective. Maybe the boss will restore it's defense, in say switching from different modes if it has any, or maybe damaging it won't be much of an issue when your actually in a position to damage it; rather, the boss mechanics will play a larger defensive role.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

SirIzenhime
[ Display Name History ]

SirIzenhime

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,482 posts

Isn't ZGS still useful at Zammy GW for the spec?

I think you mean saradomin GW? And no, a high damaging spec is better...running away isn't that hard, it's not worth loosing that much damage for a few clicks saving spec.

Posted Image

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

Posted Image

Star_Fox
[ Display Name History ]

Star_Fox

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,971 posts

The bgs special is relative to how much you hit. Most of the time, you won't be hitting at all. The 10% strength is hardly significant that it shouldn't even be
mentioned. The 100% reduction is a huge disadvantage for a special that relies entirely on luck. It's a very terrible weapon for pretty much anywhere and
serious corp'ers would want to use a Statius warhammer spec instead. I could see the bgs having some merit towards mid levels who are too lazy to
get 80 dungeoning and attack. Other then that, it's just a signature noob weapon that nobody really uses.

la la la
[ Display Name History ]

la la la

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 2,939 posts

Chaotics made Godswords obsolete sadly. Although I would buy up a BGS or two since they are fairly cheap atm, great spec weapon for Corp so I hear.

Yep bgs is most useful godsword (the only useful one)

And no, the swh isn't cost-effective for 4-6 man corp.

lalalasig2.png

IHasChicken
[ Display Name History ]

IHasChicken

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • RSN:IHasChicken
  • RSN2:IHazChicken

The bgs special is relative to how much you hit. Most of the time, you won't be hitting at all. The 10% strength is hardly significant that it shouldn't even be
mentioned. The 100% reduction is a huge disadvantage for a special that relies entirely on luck. It's a very terrible weapon for pretty much anywhere and
serious corp'ers would want to use a Statius warhammer spec instead. I could see the bgs having some merit towards mid levels who are too lazy to
get 80 dungeoning and attack. Other then that, it's just a signature noob weapon that nobody really uses.

If there is a damage reducer like the corp (No non-spear weapons,) then all offensive specs fail. Then, really, the best thing to do would be to try and use a defence reducing spec, instead of just clawing and failing most of the time.

And also I never suggested to ONLY use the BGS. When you go to the corp, you spec with BGS then switch to a spear.

Plus, if every person who wants to do Nex wanted to get a SWH, then they would be unbuyable and have a street of like 50m.
Posted Image

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users