Everything posted by All_Bogs
-
What needs to be "Tweaked" in RS?
A whole bunch of tweaks basically seem to boil down to "remove right-click options I can't use anyway". This goes for other people's summons and pets, attacking teammates in Castle Wars, Clan Wars and whatnot. I realise it's probably not just a simple tweak, but this has been a major pain in the ass since Castle Wars came out so I'd like to see them get around to fixing it sometime. I also second having a clearer interface for 'buffs' like antifire potions and such, as well as permanent display of special attack energy. I suppose it might be hard to fit all this in the game window for 'fixed' size, but at least having some UI options for this for greater screen sizes would be ace. Familiars covering players and enemies is also just plain weird, especially if it's someone else's familiar. Why display a familiar you can't even do anything with over players you can interact with, or even monsters that are punching you in the face? :S A charm pouch sounds like a great idea. Allowing assistance past the XP limit (for no XP gain) also sounds like something everybody would love.
-
Blood Neckalce
Thank you for your submission. I've added this information to the item :)
-
Last one to post wins
Yeah, the purple names thing is a bit confusing at times. Sometimes it's early in the morning and I'm still half asleep and all like whoa new crewbie but then it's just the forum playing tricks on me :(
-
Treasure Trail Error
Thank you for your submission, I have fixed the description. The changes should be visible shortly.
-
New Uri's Emote
Hello W22_WC_Josh, welcome to the forums and thank you for your submission :) Many of Uri's emote clues recently had their item requirements changed. This seems to be one such case. I have updated the required items for this clue and the change should be visible on the website shortly. I have also added you to the credits page.
-
Quest calc
You're right, some subquests do seem to be simply missing their pre-quest, and it doesn't seem to be restricted to just those two subquests; subquest 7 and the final battle also have some prereqs according to the quest guide. I'll see if I can get a techy to patch it up.
-
Quest calc
I see one issue in which you can supposedly start some subquests even if you haven't completed Cook's Assistant. Other than that they seem to work fine - for example subquest six requires completion of Plague City and it shows red if you haven't done that quest. What browser are you using?
-
barrows guide - hp*10
The values look correct to me. Mind that this is about the maximum hit of the monsters, not the player.
-
TokTz-Ket-Dill Correction in Room 2
Thank you for your submission :) I did indeed count nine spots I needed to repair in this room. Five of these were in the second half of the room, and four in the first half, not the other way around. For self reference, the first half contained two spots that could be repaired with planks and two that required pillars. The second half need planks on only one occasion, and required pillars for the other four spots. I have updated the quest guide; you have been credited.
-
Toktz-ket-dill cave repair
Thank you for your submission :) With quests, the problem frequently is that most crewbies have already completed a quest and as such cannot verify any submission we receive. However I had not yet completed this quest, and I have verified that logging out will indeed place you outside of the tunnels, right next to TzHaar-Ket-Grol. Any planks and pillars you have already placed in the tunnels will still be there. I can see this being useful if you get yourself stuck and do not wish to push over any pillars. I have adjusted the quest guide. You have been credited :)
-
The 3 new prayer books.
Thank you for your submission :) I have added the Ancient book and the Book of law to the items database, and updated our entry for the Book of war. You have been credited.
-
Dungeoneering
Thank you for your submission. This has been fixed :)
-
15-Sep-10 Z-Buffering
Honestly, I'd rather they didn't give us the rooms (unless they didn't give us the member only ones.). I understand that, but I'm afraid that F2P players not liking getting those rooms is the point :P I quite liked the new loading screen(s).
-
Improvement suggestions for all calculators
Old topic is old; sorry for the late reply. I have taken note of these ideas. While it'd be cool to implement such features it'll take a fair amount of work for little added functionality so for the time being these features will not be implemented.
-
Lots and Lots of Dung Monster Updates!!
Thank you, this submission has been processed :)
-
smithing/smelting idea
Thank you for your submission :) I reckon that just about all people are interested mainly in how many bars they'll need, so that they can buy / gather them before they proceed to get their smithing XP up. If you really want to know how many platebodies you will end up making, just fire up the windows calculator and divide the amount by five. For dungeoneering armour and weaponry, items are listed individually because the XP per bar isn't constant.
-
Elite Clue New Scan Location
Thank you for your contribution. These spots will be added to the live site shortly :)
-
New special calc suggestion
Sure, feel free to PM it to me. Early october edit: done, locking this.
-
dungeoneering calculator
Fixed.
-
New special calc suggestion
Looks great :) Showing any more information would probably end up breaking the page layout on smaller resolutions, so I'd say it's fine like this. Total cost to goal seems to break as soon as you need to make more than 1000 of an item.
-
New special calc suggestion
Awesome, thanks :)
-
New special calc suggestion
I know what you mean. Back in the day I used a little tool to help me out with calculator data, but after looking at it recently it took me quite a while to even figure out how it worked :-X Most of our calculators (possibly all of them) use a combination of HTML and Javascript. It's all right there when you view the source of a page. For example, for our herblore calculator, the code relevant to the calculator can be found between lines 235 to 593. In addition, all skill calculators share a Javascript file that handles generic calculations and output generation (tipcalc.js). While the herblore calculator has a get stats button, I'm not too sure on how that bit actually works. As far as I know the name you put in is passed to "store_userdata.php" which then bakes a cookie. Extracting the relevant information from the cookie is done in the tipcalc script (see tipstats function). I'd imagine that our GE centre runs off a database, so we'd probably be able to use this database for the calculator too.
-
New special calc suggestion
Hello Ivoos, welcome to the forums, and thank you for your generous offer. I'm guessing that Kissmyassist would also like to find out how many potions he needs to make to reach a certain level. Your calculator allows a user to quickly look up how much making a certain potion would cost him, which he could then multiply by the amount he'd need to make. Ideally, we'd like to incorporate all of this into one big calculator that basically does all the work for you, and shows you everything you want to know with a single click.
-
dungeoneering calculator
I tried installing an older version of Internet Explorer, but the installer simply states that I have a more recent version and refuses to install anything, so I can't test anything yet. I'm now horsing around with some virtual PC stuff, but they're quite big downloads so sorting it might take a bit. Regardless, if IE8 will not install on your PC, you should consider trying out another web browser such as Firefox or Chrome. As far as I know, IE7 no longer receives security updates from Microsoft so you're basically wide open to any recent security holes. Edit: I just finished installing the VPC image. Turns out that IE7 doesn't support a particular way of showing content (namely style='display:table-row') which is what causes things to break down. However changing this around will cause pretty severe display glitches in Firefox and Chrome, so it's a bit of a lose-lose situation unfortunately :(
-
Firemaking calc
Indeed. If you cannot select these two things in a situation where you should be able to use them (that is, using a valid category and having a sufficiently high FM level), please post what browser you are using. Otherwise, the calculator is working as intended. Edit: user did not respond. I couldn't find any bugs in any browsers. Marking this as done.