Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fastortoise

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fastortoise

  1. A lot of good suggestions, sadly I can't update the list just yet. But college finishes Thursday, so I'd expect an update with a polished list this weekend. And Dan... i'm sorry... the accent, I can't take the music seriously :grin:
  2. I was wondering when the first meathead would arrive in Health&Fitness... Honestly, if you're training purely to look good and not for the health benefits, you're a douche in my books. The gym I go to is filled with these people - they always do their exercises in front of mirrors and flex after each set. You could argue they are making sure their posture is correct by looking in the mirror, but you can easily tell when they're just devouring themselves with their eyes. How poor a self image can you have?
  3. The 100th birthday of the Habs game was AWESOME. The ceremonies were extremely well done, there was so much concentrated talent in the Bell center that night, the most in the history of hockey. The Habs winning 5-1 over the Bruins made it an even better night :thumbsup:
  4. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    I just finished all assignments and essays due next Tuesday. I've been studying since 10AM, and it's now 5AM. Three 1,000 word essays, two 2-hour long assignments and an oral presentation all done in a day. Now i'm just waiting for my coffee rush to crash and drop dead. 2 essays and a final exam on Thursday and I'm done college forever :thumbsup:
  5. Ooo thanks, I was thinking of NAS's "version" of that song. And hurray for efficiency! i'll replace Beautiful girl with KKKY now, and check out Ek after school. Wongtong pretty much understand what i'm looking for, that's a perfect song. And Steve, thanks for those names. I was looking for a kid cudi song but i had forgotten his name, now i'll be able to find it :thumbsup: EDIT: okay, I think I found the kid cudi song I like (that man on the moon), if he has any better ones, tell me. I also just remembered that song Paper Planes by MIA, so I added those 2 to the list. EDIT2: my friend linked me to Wale - Pretty girls, which has also been added to the list EDIT3: my brother's gf linked me to this vid, the track is SICK! Jaerkdood, you gotta check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vtWNDI_EOI
  6. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    There's coffee, and the baristas are always hot <3: But I agree, its bad for studying.
  7. Good stuff, especially since I'm listening to: Road to Zion - Damian Marley & NAS Track of the month I think. Sucks their new album got pushed back. ...AGAIN. Dyou know of any leaked tracks? I've got nothin
  8. BIG EDIT: I've taken the decision to split my car CD into two. The first, filled with music I love, is more hip-hop than the other. It has both unkown and polular artists, Roll Right (complete) Outkast - intro (speakerboxxx) Jay-z - lucifer Jay-z - laff at them BlakRoc - hoochie coo Danger Doom - old school Lupe Fiasco - superstar Notorious BIG - kick in the door NERD - lapdance Damian Marley - road to zion NAS - one mic Pharrell - can i have it like that Blakroc - stay off the [bleep]ing flowers Cunninlynguists - filthy nasty ft. supa Ghostface Killah - kilo Immortal Technique - bin laden ft. mos def Kid Cudi - man on the moon BlakRoc - she tells me things Feel Good Inc. Keisha - tik tok Pitbull - i know you want me Jay-z - empire state of mind Cypress Hill - ganja bus Guetta - sexy [bleep] MIA - paper planes Wale - pretty girls P.O.S. - purexed Kid Cudi - day and night Since my first CD is pretty much done, I'll only need suggestions for my Feel good CD. I want to fill it with songs that make people spontaneously sing or dance, I don't care if it's an embarrassing song.
  9. Good stuff, especially since I'm listening to: Road to Zion - Damian Marley & NAS Track of the month I think.
  10. fastortoise replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    My last final is in a week, and I've got loads of stuff to study for. So for the next 7 days you can find me at my coffee table reading up on things and doing Math. I've finally decided I don't like studying with my peers - they're only good for distracting me in class and drinking at the campus bar. The next person who invites me to study with them at Starbucks is getting punched in the back of the face.
  11. You'll probably want to drink some protein shakes. Buy a few different supplements and try them before buying a big barrel though, there's just way too much in those things.
  12. fastortoise replied to dsavi's topic in Off-Topic
    Coffee + muffin every morning <3: with an apple occasionally. I always brew strong black coffee, so most of the standard coffee out there tastes like water to me.
  13. the leafs, beating my Habs? hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahha on a side note: did anyone watch the Grey Cup? Best ending EVER :thumbsup: lol @ saskatchewan
  14. I thought this thread was about ball taping for the longest time, so much confusion and bad mental images.
  15. My friend said it was a new game exactly like WC3... I raged so hard when I started playing and it was some stupid "control only one character" stupidness. I had plans to play this in order to fill the gap in my life until SC2 came out :thumbdown:
  16. Thanksgiving is all about families getting together and having a good time with good food... in October.
  17. fastortoise replied to Pinkbullet3's topic in Off-Topic
    I was never part of a team, but I've always enjoyed swimming. I even tried adding laps to my work out routine, but showering with all the old people got very weird very fast. Obviously I don't have to shower before & after swimming, but I feel like a douche if I don't. I find swimmers (and volleyball players) have the nicest bodies around :thumbsup:
  18. Endurance on rowing machines: use your abs. The owner of the (pretty big, 4,000+ member) gym is the one who told me this tip, and it really works. Assuming all rowing machines in the world are the same (I noticed they're the same in 3 separate gyms), can anyone beat 1KM in 3:36? :thumbsup:
  19. In the grand scheme of things, if you zoom out and take a look at the big picture, what the SEALs did was wrong. If you're going to take the law into your own hands (deviate from your command) then make sure nobody finds out, for Pete's sake. It's terrible since the terrorist deserved what he got, but I'm not sure anyone in the combat-level military rank is in the position to decide who deserves what punishment.
  20. I'm trying to get into Jay-Z... it's hard for a guy who "sides" with Nas. I only have his An American Gangster Bootleg Cd, it's not bad at all. Still, nothing compared to NAS
  21. I shocked myself with a solar panel I made myself. I could have just burned myself with the soldering iron, but I feel much more accomplished this way.
  22. Can't get much worse than that :thumbdown:
  23. Facebook is great, especially for party planning. Even if it's last minute, you have the entire list of all your friends at your fingertips, most of them who check facebook at least daily. I'm not sure I like how a lot of people abuse it in order to make them feel like they exist, but that's an entire other matter.
  24. The fact that you nitpick at certain arguments in my long post instead of posting opinions on my point of view is pretty annoying, but I'll make another post because the topic interests me. Sure you could argue that one single point in my argument can unravel it entirely, but bare with me. Read this post as an opinion post, reflect upon it, don't bother yourself with questions about how well you can refute certain aspects of it. Back in my first serious post, I mentioned how humans are more animalike than we all think. Since my point didn't get across because everyone is arguing whether animals are more humanlike and not the other way around, I'll write it out again properly. Animals react instinctively because that's all we expect from them. As animals evolved, they acquired new techniques for hunting among other things. Kill faster, use time more effectively, eat and share with family more, the natural pressure on developing better killing methods is obvious. We've reached a point where humans among other animals have too much time on their hands. If we were constantly forced to acquire food by killing animals, we wouldn't have time to develop language past "there's a hawk overhead" or "go wait in that bush". If you and I would face dire consequences for lazing around in a chair for an hour, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. It's by spending our time effectively that we can easily spread our power over all other animal species. This point is important because it's reflected by other animals, too. Give an elephant the luxury of a three meal day and an environment where it doesn't have to worry about droughts or predators, and it can paint a painting. Cats that aren't hungry because you feed them twice a day still have an ancestral killing instinct, but don't necessarily do it for survival. This is a problem - why kill unnecessarily if you don't have to? If cats do it, then surely we shouldn't have any guilt either. This isn't a counter example, it makes perfect sense. You'd never find a cat in the wild being given constant care, enabling it to do whatever it wants. It's an anomaly of nature. We aren't the only ones who can develop techniques for improving life. Monkeys create their own anvils and hammers to crack open rock hard nutshells. Crows, given a rock and a bowl of water with the water level just out of reach, will figure out it has to drop the rock in the bowl to make the water level rise. Do you see how we're just an evolved version of animals, with insanely effective living techniques? We've figured out that instead of running in large plains to hunt buffalo, we can just raise them in farms and murder them there with ease. We've obviously cheated our way out of the great scheme of natural ways, I don't need to give examples on this point. Now that we have extended our power over all creatures that resemble us in more ways than you would have first thought, what would be the point in unnecessarily harming them? I'm sorry if this sounds naive of me, maybe I have seen too many movies where the good guys win, but if a ruling group takes over power and has absolute control over everything, I'd want that group to do some good instead of harm. Yes, we have a responsibility for being the most powerful species on this planet. That's why cruelty to animals feels extremely wrong to me - even more so when it involves primates rather than humans being hurt, precisely because they cannot express themselves to us properly. In my books, cutting off the arm of a human baby or a young monkey is equally appalling, and now you know where my feelings are coming from.
  25. That's defeating your own argument. Animals make other animals suffer all the time. If we're the same as them, then doesn't that mean it's no different when a human makes an animal suffer than when an animal does it? Animals make other animals needlessly suffer? I don't know which Discovery Channel programs you watch, but I know for a fact that any mammal predator goes straight for the neck, and gives it such large whiplash that they prey's neck snaps and is instantly dead. Bears kills fish by simply closing it's jaws on it... it does not half deep fry and poke it with a fork, still living. Every animal kills as efficiently as possible, any other technique would be a waste of energy and will never arise in the evolutionary scale of things. I feel like going "URP DERP DERP" at the end of all my posts, to make you guys understand how that's what you sound like half the time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.