Swimming

Pinkbullet3

I'm a senior in high school and I've joined the swim team since Soph. I've swum for most of my life, half of that spent on various teams (although I'm not Record setting material).

Monday was Time Trials/first practice of the season, and I was dreading the 100m fly, as we had to swim all four strokes plus a 100m IM. And of course, I died on the 3rd and 4th laps of my 100m fly because my technique is horrible. I got a 1:02.53 on the 100m Free, which is why I'm on Junior Varsity, as I have been since Soph. I'm hoping to break perhaps 59 or 58 by the end of the season.

My favorite stroke is back, because I like how my head is out of the water. I also feel I can kick harder on my back than on my front.

But anyway, I don't mind the strenuous exercise, because I know that I'm benefiting myself by staying healthy (nobody shall know about the burgers my parents buy me for dinner after some practices).

Any of you on swim team this year? In the past? Hate Dislike swimming? Just enjoy it once in a while?

:smile:

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I was never part of a team, but I've always enjoyed swimming. I even tried adding laps to my work out routine, but showering with all the old people got very weird very fast. Obviously I don't have to shower before & after swimming, but I feel like a douche if I don't.

I find swimmers (and volleyball players) have the nicest bodies around :thumbsup:

hiccup.png

I'm in a swimming team too, but I don't really take it seriously enough to be any good at it. I basically practice twice a week for an hour, not intensively but just for fun.

My personal bests are 1:13 or something on the 100 free and 1:26 on the 100 breaststroke, which is relatively my best time. It's the only stroke where I usually don't end dead last. :P

The one thing I dislike about swimming is not being able to breath as much as you want, you always have to hold your breath until you can breath again. I kinda like backstroke because of this, but breaststroke is still my favourite.

2dvjurb.png

swiming for noobs

So is lack of punctuation and sentence skills :)

OT: When I was about 10, I was really into swimming. I was quite good at it too, and it kept my weight down. Then I stopped.

Went for my first swim yesterday in nearly a year... It was at the beach, and since it was cold, I couldn't really hold my breath, so I couldn't really swim... I'm going to do more swimming over my break though, to get fit for rowing :P

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I just finished my Freshman year of swimming last month. I've been swimming on easy competitive teams since I was 6, so it wasn't exactly anything new.

I didn't think I'd enjoy it that much, but overall the season wasn't that bad.

Some times (to the nearest second):

100 free 1:03

100 fly 1:09 (this is definitely my event)

50 28 (I'm not that great of a sprinter, but I don't have the strength for long long distance :? )

I'm not exactly a record breaker, but I was good enough to swim some varsity and make it to Regionals. That's good enough for me. :grin:

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.

Swam on a club team since I was 8, but last year was my last year. :(

Never got exceptional times, but I have good form and stamina so my times were alright (only had 50m races). Favorite stroke is breaststroke.

50 free - 29

50 breast - 39

I did that back when I was 196lbs with 28% body fat, so I could probably do a lot better now since I've lost a lot of weight.

This is my third year of swimming. Just started last Monday, so still working on getting into shape. Had dry land practice today. I hate running.

I swim the 500 usually, maybe the 200 and couple of relays for good measure. I was down to about a 6:20 for the 500 at the end of last season from starting at like 7:10, so I'm aiming for under six minutes this year.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

I've been swimming for a long time, it's one of the most enjoyable activities I know :D

unfortunately, my college doesn't have a pool, and I'm too busy to go to the city one (it's pretty sketch too, so that) so my senior year last year was my last time on a swim team.

I lost alot of weight that year, I hadn't been doing so hot previously with a freestyle 50 of 31 seconds, but I dropped to 28 seconds ^^

not exactly the best for a 17/18 year old, but a cut of 3 is something I'm proud of.

I can hold my breath for 2 minutes underwater fairly still, and I can complete a 50 no-breather underwater, equivalent to about a minute, I think. I'm proud of these things, but am I unjustly so? how do you all compare?

oversized.jpg[/bads]

I can hold my breath for 2 minutes underwater fairly still, and I can complete a 50 no-breather underwater, equivalent to about a minute, I think. I'm proud of these things, but am I unjustly so? how do you all compare?

I think my underwater record is like 40 meters, 50 is pretty good :thumbup:

2dvjurb.png

One question: Wtf is a freshman?

Either first year high school, or first year college.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I was never part of a team, but I've always enjoyed swimming. I even tried adding laps to my work out routine, but showering with all the old people got very weird very fast. Obviously I don't have to shower before & after swimming, but I feel like a douche if I don't.

I find swimmers (and volleyball players) have the nicest bodies around :thumbsup:

man the only reason I didnt swim often at my gym was that the pool was either closed for [bleep]ing aqua-robics or whatever, or packed full of old people.

I love to swim, I should do it more often.

as for underwater breathing, I'm athsmatic. Screw you guys.

Tk5SF.png

Does lung capacity/red blood cell count increase the more you train?

Yeah, I need to get better at swimming. Doubt I could cover 50 meters without taking a breath.

Best practice would be to go do some laps, yeah?

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

My mom bribed me to be on the swim team when I was about 10 years old. She bribed me with stuffed animals and it worked for a few years :XD: I actually set one of the records at our swimming club, I think my name is still on a plaque somewhere. But I haven't done any non-casual swimming since then.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Im quite into swimming but I'm not brilliant in it, since I never got into properly big competitions, but here are my times:

50m F 26.98

100m F 59-1'00

200m F 2'09 (favourite event)

400m F 4'35

200m Backstroke 2'32

200m butterfly 2'36

Also did a 30minute swim occasionally, best was 2293m

nicholes.png

Had the first meet of the season yesterday. Two weeks of practice was not nearly enough. Got about a 7:38 in the 500, but got second in both relays, so I guess it's okay.

3zh5ap4.jpg

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man sleepy and blind in the eyes.

Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!

If it's the thought that counts, why aren't humans innately telepathic?

I go swimming once a week (I can go swimming for free because I'm a member of the gym). It's nothing serious, though. Me and my friend just do some lanes and we talk, that's it and we do it for an hour or so. I'm very slow, I prefer to be out of the water.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

• 4 weeks later...