Everything posted by fastortoise
- Today...
-
Are you a different person on the internet?
I boast less (if not at all) about my accomplishments IRL. For example, I don't think I mentioned to my parents I got accepted at University - I should get around to that soon. The only people I've told is you guys actually, I don't see the point in telling my real life friends until a week before I start uni.
-
To Arms!
Because someone who's decently prominent in OT made the thread? Why isn't the tif hegemony considered a game? I really think both threads should go to games. When I made the first post it was intended for people to post their Utopias, not interact with other posters and go on being nerdy &c. Everything being posted in story-type threads is all internet vomit, so I avoid them.
-
Adventure and excitement in modern times.
I can almost smell "The Suppression of Id in Modern Society" essays being written for this thread
-
Today...
Today I got accepted at the University I wanted in the program I wanted, that was cool. I was so miserable when I read the e-mail (I went out last night to some crazy French bar/club where you dance on the tables) but after reading "we are pleased to..." my spirits immediately soared and I actually managed to get up to puke in the toilet bowl instead of putting it in the bowl that was next to me. I'm okay now, though.
-
Adventure and excitement in modern times.
Sounds like it's time for a roaaaaad triiiip!
-
New Olympic Medals for 2010 Vancouver games
I think its a good idea. Athletes who wins a bunch of medals over the years will be able to appreciate their awards much more if each country has a unique design. However, for the athletes who already won a bunch of medals and will win their last in Vancouver, it will completely ruin their collection :wall:
-
Halloween!
I already know I'm going to a house party and I already know what I'm going as. Tony Stark. Best idea ever. I'm gonna duct tape a bright object to my chest and put a grey wife beater over that, and do the haircut and facial hair and everything. Well, I'll either do that or show up in a bathrobe: "Myself on Wednesday".
-
What are you listening to right now!?
finally i'm listening to Human by The Killers this song is off the chain :D
-
Post counts
786 active posts... this is all backwards The only good post counts do is they make members trust the poster. If someone is posting a link and has less than 100 posts I make sure not to click it.
- Today...
-
Gaining Muscle
I found that a good trick for eating a lot more than what you're used to is wait for your entire family to serve themselves dinner, then cram whatever is left onto your plate. My family always cooks extra incase someone visits and if nobody does it gives one of us a good lunch during the week, so I get a lot of extra food now.
-
Today...
Managing is another word for maintaining. I basically entertain them, pretend I'm interested in their everyday experiences, reassure their egos, help spread rumours about their exs, stuff that makes them think I'm interested in them so I can later invite them to places with me. It's prep-work. Like giving a plant water every second day in order for it to blossom. That was too poetic of an analogy - I meant to compare women to lifeless plants but I accidentally made a terrible choice of words.
-
Click it or ticket
I haven't read any of the discussion but Zierro's point is pretty important. The government can't manage everything (unless you guys really want a totalitarian government), and wearing seatbelts may have been a step too far towards too much centralized power. HOWEVER, I must say, a mandatory seatbelt law is in my eyes the same as any other road law. Sure, other road laws are mainly to protect others... but they protect you too, whether you like it or not. If you're going to start rebelling against the government's increase of power over your daily life, using this seatbelt law as your cornerstone example is pretty lame. So lame, in fact, that people can't make the stretch from seatbelts laws to your fundamentally important values that go hand in hand with freedom. No, think of the illegal drugs, forced media exposure, suppression of the lower class by large companies... the list goes on. Those are far better examples of the extreme concentration of centralized power, in my opinion.
- Today...
-
The worst thing you've ever tasted?
Tequila, that stuff will make me puke by the smell alone.
-
Gaining Muscle
Why did you need surgery on your back? Was it a slipped disk or what? The only thing people here can recommend to you based on what you've told us is stuff you already know, obvious things. Stop being useless and just do them, unless it means another surgery down the road
-
Hey Hey! Racist Red Faces?
Or as I like to say: "If they can't take a joke, [bleep] 'em
-
Today...
Today I let a girl win at squash and she said" "You [wagon], you let me win because I'm a girl" (she knows i'm good, better than her). So I told her honestly: "No!! I let you win because you are a pretty girl" Then I wasn't listening to what she was saying because I was thinking about how suave I was. :ohnoes:
-
Crystal bow & Rving Elves
Summer Pie increases it by five. And Spirit Terrorbird increases it by two when you use it's scroll, you could try to see if they stack but I doubt they do. Summer pie eh, thanks for the tip :D
-
Do you prefer Summer or Winter?
I prefer when daylight lasts more than five hours... gimme summer over winter any day.
-
Crystal bow & Rving Elves
The quest that gives a crystal seed as a reward is Roving Elves. One of the requirements for Roving Elves is Regicide, a quest that requires 56 agility. So you'd assume crystal bows have atleast 56 agility to use... but it's 50. This has probably been discussed before but I can't find anything, I'm wondering if there's a flaw in Tip.it's requirements section in one of these quests. Anything to avoid me getting 56 agility
-
Its all so SHINY
I'm into the CleanCut forum skin... much easier on the eyes and is helping me get used to the new forums.
-
Welcome to Invision Power Board!
I actually don't like how the forum categories (index page for the forums i.e. General, Off-Topic) have such large fonts compared to actual post texts. I'm always catching myself lowering the text size fonts while looking for a topic then maximizing it again when I open up a post.
-
Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D
I never did bench presses until last month and I must say... people who can bench their own weight is a lot more impressive than I first thought. I'm not sure, but I think I'm around the 50kg (without bar, whatever) mark. My friend says that the AVERAGE strength of people is that they can bench their own weight... but I dunno. I do chinups fairly easily, which I personally believe requires a lot more upper body strength, but I can't bench 3/4 of my weight.