Post counts

Zierro

How do you feel about them?

I like post counts. They represent how active you are as a member of TIF, and you can get an idea of a poster by seeing which topics they post on the most.

On the bad side, they are a cause of spam. Also, some people feel as if it's a maturity/intelligence indicator. It shouldn't be taken that seriously. It's not exactly that hard to post for anyone. People with small post counts can be just as intelligent.

Edited by Zierro

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think about it honestly. Yes it can be a good indicator of how active someone is in a community, but I still don't really pay much attention to it.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

They can be taken away for all I care.

If I ever judge posts it's usually on who posts it rather than if they're active.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I just like seeing "Dragon Slayer" under my name. Beyond that, I don't give a rat's [wagon]. In fact, I'm going to dislike my 10,000th post, if ever I make one.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

The thing I don't like about them is even after 20,000 posts I don't get my own custom title :(.

Nah I don't really care about it, although it's sort of cool to see. I just like seeing little stats like that.

Eh, I sometimes use them as a way to judge posters (yes, it is ironic), but unless a post count is below ten or above ten thousand, it really doesn't catch my interest.

Oh, and anyone with a post count below 500 is a total noob who fails at everything.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

When these forums came back online after scapeboard went down and the forums became forum.tip.it I tried to be the first person to 1,000 post but I got in trouble for spamming cause I was posting so frequently. I made it to something like 1,500 after about 6 months or something then I stopped caring so much about post because the community changes so much at the time between older users leaving and new ones joining that it feels like a new place sometimes if you don't pay attention.

tFtfA.jpg

Sometimes I judge posters on them, but normally only when their posts/topic is really badly written.

But not really much other then that.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I love post count. When I have nothing better to do, I'll read through a thread, look at the users who post, and attempt to guess at their accumulated posts.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I've used these forums since before the scapeboard era (before phpbb?) and, counting all of my accounts, I don't think I've reached 6000 posts. Quality over quantity is what I say. I really enjoy it when I see an opinionated user with a low post count.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.