Post counts

Zierro

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your profile it tells you ALL of your active posts.

Weird... my profile shows almost 3,000 less posts than my actual. Lol.

Yeah mine shows 2000 difference. I don't think I've ever posted in forums which don't count post count. I asked but don't think anyone knows for sure. My guess was that it's old posts that have maybe been pruned at some some stage.

sig2ho7.jpg

I never look at post counts and also what diffrence does it make if a high postcount gives you a bad link?

www.lem..... nevemnind.

Edit 500 post :)

Well the majority of the time, people with high post count won't want their accounts banned, so will not post bad links. And the opposite for lower post counts, their accounts are more 'dispensable' so have no problem with posting bad links.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

The only time when I'm glad to see post counts is for Forum Games (the 'most active in' part on some user's profile tell you how many they got), just to see how many posts I waste [wasted] there spamming.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Been a member here since 2002 and if we were to add my current post count to my old Scapeboard account, it wouldn't add up to more than maybe 4500 posts. So no, I don't really give it any thought at all. I wish other people would too. It's really quite noticeable which users give it considerable thought since they post in every damn thread, and those are coincidentally the posters whose posts I tend to automatically skip because they rarely have anything interesting to say.

Also wow, honestly, an "Overall Top Posters" and "Today's Top 20 Posters" highscore list? Really? They might just be the absolute worst functions I have ever seen on a forum, for obvious reasons - and that list includes terrible forum functions such as posters being able to change eachother's avatars/titles and add new emoticons to the forum. The blog forum was a genius idea in comparison.

2009rb9.jpg

Join date is more important to me.

that doesn't mean much to me either.

high post count + short time = most likely spams

high post count + long time = steady involvement

low post count + short time = standard new person

low post count + long time = lurker/abandoned

posts per day is what I'd run off to make any kind of "assumption" but that can be throw out by anything, so whatever. trust in their forum content, ignore the date and post count and it's all sweet.

I've only ever really judged people by their post count when trying to get a first impression what the person might be like. I figured the more posts, the more respected/well known they would be, and vice-versa; but over the years I've come to realize that's not really the case at all. Post counts are meaningless, just like most things in life Quality > Quantity, and you shouldn't base an opinion of somebody on a mere number.

As for me, a couple posts here and there is all I do. I'd rather lurk around TIF and give a decent post once in awhile then give a one-worded response and create a massive quote chain anyday.

[/preaching]

Just realized I have more than 2k posts now -.-

Took ya a while to realize that :P

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually forget about my other post.

I post like mad now, for two reasons. One, I'm bored. Two, I want to get my post count up to see the next member name. I think it's Dark Wizard Robe or something.

No, I don't just spam around the forums. <_<

EDIT: I'm the most active poster for today, I just realized. Boy, I must be REALLY active... :blink:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I normally don't pay attention to them, when I had around 800 I was striving as hard as I could to get to 1000 for the sake of accomplishment, but if I don't feel the need to post I usually won't anymore. I rarely look at them really, sometimes I do to get an idea of the posters experience but no more than that anymore.

And yes. I did post for the sake of putting my posts/join date on this thread as an indication. Wouldn't be fitting if I didn't.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!