No apology from Gen. Pace for gay stance.

Viktorkrum77

If this were the UK the general would probably be preparing to take "early retirement" right now. It seems that while some parts of America is starting to accept peoples different sexualities there are still many places where its perfectly acceptable to have opinions and flawed beliefs such as this. Once again the religious cry morals and disagree with homosexuality due to what happened at Sodom and Gomorrah yet gladly accept, or chose to ignore, that Lot was willing to give his two daughters to the people so they could rape them and he would be able to excape. Christian morals... piffle paffle.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*cough* Spartan soldiers *cough*.

There's more than one reason they owned n00b enemies :-w .

Thermopylae anyone? 300 Spartans killed thousands of Persians in like 3 days. What did they do the night before? They groomed eachother and combed eachothers hair. Pederasty was popular back then as well, yet they were probably the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen.

I guess my warning didn't get across the first time. There is no need to flame or call each other names. If you're not going to respect each others' beliefs, or of all things, calmly and constructively rebuttal them, then stay off the thread.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

And again, you're referring to people with homosexual tendencies as a different race!

"I have no problem with gays!"

"Gays do this and that!"

That's like saying "I have no problem with blacks/christians/etc." #-o

*cough* Spartan soldiers *cough*.

There's more than one reason they owned n00b enemies :-w .

Thermopylae anyone? 300 Spartans killed thousands of Persians in like 3 days. What did they do the night before? They groomed eachother and combed eachothers hair. Pederasty was popular back then as well, yet they were probably the greatest fighting force the world has ever seen.

You just watched 300, didn't you?

Spartan soldiers only needed women to have more children. Only reason the soldiers even had sex with each other is because they were away from their wives for God knows how long.

Proud founder of the Myriad

"I should have focused more on my support of the policy and less on my personal moral views."

Isn't that good enough for you?

When ever homosexual discussions come up I get the feeling the homosexuals want to change someone else's morals. If someone thinks homosexuality is wrong what gives you the right to tell them to be more accepting? If they are so passionately in love with their views why not accept that? After all you are passionately in love with the idea of people accepting homosexuality.

Take a leaf out of your own book and accept other peoples views.

Thats good, you put that veary well =D> and most people dont have the balls to say it. I personaly judge homosexuals on a person by person basis, ie: there personality and not sexual oriantation. However, I also belive in natural selection (something that dosent exist much in humans in that live in first world countries) and survival of the fitest, to keep a species alive (we use technology as a substitute, but don't get me wrong, i like technology too). And a species that is primarily homosexual is doomed, how can a species survive if it losses the desire to reproduce, so im left with the underlying view that homosexuals are unnatural.

As for the american policy. Whether or not its moral is beside the point for me. It's something that that the army is doing to try and avoid the whole situation, and I can't blame them. Nothing good seems to happen to things that get in the way of Gay rights.

Guest XplsvBam
If this were the UK the general would probably be preparing to take "early retirement" right now. It seems that while some parts of America is starting to accept peoples different sexualities there are still many places where its perfectly acceptable to have opinions and flawed beliefs such as this. Once again the religious cry morals and disagree with homosexuality due to what happened at Sodom and Gomorrah yet gladly accept, or chose to ignore, that Lot was willing to give his two daughters to the people so they could [assault] them and he would be able to excape. Christian morals... piffle paffle.
Flawed beliefs. Sounds very mendacious to me. But that is merciful for you.

If you are going to accept everyone that includes everyone. Doesn't sound very fervent to accept homosexuals but not except Christianity. Your tolerance for Christianity appears to be zero.

I can't even bring anything Christian related into a discussion, regardless if it is for facts or just for pure ideals. You call me a zealot and say that I am naive if I say that I believe in God and the Bible: even if I am not using God or the Bible to prove anything. Not very tolerant. You aren't even tolerant of me. Not very accepting.

But then in society we can't accept everything. We can't accept murders, rapes, or crime of any kind. Well to me homosexuality is a crime against humanity. Are you going to tell me I'm wrong? Not very accepting.

It's not a case of whether you think it's natural or not, it's a case of what homosexuality is. It harms no one, as long as it is between two or more consenting adults then there is no reason for anyone to disallow that action. If you disallow it then are are enforcing your opinion over people who think the contrary to you, and your opinion prohibits that activity. You're basically saying that your opinion has more weight and is worth more than those who disagree with you.

Supporting this = Freedom and Liberty.

Stopping someone doing something because of their sexual orientation = supressing an action that does not harm you.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Flawed beliefs. Sounds very mendacious to me. But that is merciful for you.

If you are going to accept everyone that includes everyone. Doesn't sound very fervent to accept homosexuals but not except Christianity. Your tolerance for Christianity appears to be zero.

I can't even bring anything Christian related into a discussion, regardless if it is for facts or just for pure ideals. You call me a zealot and say that I am naive if I say that I believe in God and the Bible: even if I am not using God or the Bible to prove anything. Not very tolerant. You aren't even tolerant of me. Not very accepting.

But then in society we can't accept everything. We can't accept murders, rapes, or crime of any kind. Well to me homosexuality is a crime against humanity. Are you going to tell me I'm wrong? Not very accepting.

I am acceptable of Chirstian values which do not interfere or contradicts humanist values and scientific evidence. I call you a zealot not because you are a christian but because you ignore scientific evidence for models and fail to understand concepts of genetics and instead base your opinions on other creationists who have no educational background in which to base an intelligent opinion. To you homosexuality may well be a crime against humanity, but that just makes you wrong. To compare homosexuality to murders and rape makes me sick.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Guest XplsvBam

I am acceptable of Chirstian values which do not interfere or contradicts humanist values and scientific evidence. I call you a zealot not because you are a christian but because you ignore scientific evidence for models and fail to understand concepts of genetics and instead base your opinions on other creationists who have no educational background in which to base an intelligent opinion. To you homosexuality may well be a crime against humanity, but that just makes you wrong. To compare homosexuality to murders and [assault] makes me sick.

@ the bold: On those lines I accept homosexuality as long as it doesn't interfere with my morals, beliefs, and scientific evidence.

@ the green: Homosexuality is a crime against humanity. Your genetics and scientific beliefs are why its a crime against humanity. Like stated before a species primarily homosexual is doomed, how can a species survive if it loses the desire to reproduce. Not even to mention the psychological damage it does to an adopted child to have same gender parents.

Considering how controversial this issue is we aren't going to get any where by arguing scientifically and theoretically. We need to focus on acceptance. Clearly you don't accept my views so please give me a reason to accept yours? Give me a true reason not an accepted reason. All science has to offer is acceptance. I'm sick of accepted values. Give me the truth. Why am I wrong? Because my values are Christian? Not very accepting.

@ the green: Homosexuality is a crime against humanity. Your genetics and scientific beliefs are why its a crime against humanity. Like stated before a species primarily homosexual is doomed, how can a species survive if it loses the desire to reproduce. Not even to mention the psychological damage it does to an adopted child to have same gender parents.

I'm curious, what's the damage if a child has parents of the same sex?

Because right now I think you're pulling things out of your [wagon].

Proud founder of the Myriad

How does a gay person who pays taxes and works and does everything else you do, qualify as a "criminal"? How does he compare to a murderer or robber? Doesn't he rather improve your chances of reproducing since you're not gay?

Considering how controversial this issue is we aren't going to get any where by arguing scientifically and theoretically. We need to focus on acceptance. Clearly you don't accept my views so please give me a reason to accept yours? Give me a true reason not an accepted reason. All science has to offer is acceptance. I'm sick of accepted values. Give me the truth. Why am I wrong? Because my values are Christian? Not very accepting.

You're wrong in that sense because your morals incite discrimination against people who are different to you. Even though their actions don't harm you in any way.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Ever heard of maladaptation? Didn't think so. But it's useless genes that are not harmful, like homosexuality. Homosexuality may have arisen several million years ago from populations like us humans, where there are more females than males.

where is your argument against that? i'm 18...but i can tell you what...i don't want a homosexual man checking me out in the shower whether he will go through with his fantasies or not. i would feel uncomfortable with him just being there...

it's simple logic...as you would say...do men get to shower with women? NO!

Oh, so by your logic, we should split guys and girls from each other in school. Because what if some 'geek' guy has a fantasy over some girl in his class that is way above him and grossed out by him? Hey, why not just split the world into six sections, one for all the males, one for all the females, one for all the gays, one for all the l3sbians, one for all the bisexuals, and one for everyone else who doesn't fit the above categories.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Well im a marine, and personally, i dont have any problem w/ gay ppl.

But i would not ever sleep w/ one in a 5 by 3 tent..also we sometimes huddle for warmth, another thing i would do w/ a gay person

According to the policy, you wouldn't know. So you may have already.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Guest XplsvBam

How does a gay person who pays taxes and works and does everything else you do, qualify as a "criminal"? How does he compare to a murderer or robber? Doesn't he rather improve your chances of reproducing since you're not gay?

You are missing the point. I'm not saying that homosexuals are criminals. I'm just pointing out that if we are suppose to be accepting of everyone that includes criminals..

rush...gtfo my back and leave the way i view things alone...it's going to get more posts deleted...and possibly both of us suspended...lay off. it already could have gotten the post locked more than once

Oh, so by your logic, we should split guys and girls from each other in school. Because what if some 'geek' guy has a fantasy over some girl in his class that is way above him and grossed out by him? Hey, why not just split the world into six sections, one for all the males, one for all the females, one for all the gays, one for all the l3sbians, one for all the bisexuals, and one for everyone else who doesn't fit the above categori

people arn't naked in public hun...and actually that is classified as sexual harassment if some dude did that...seeing as America is politically correct

i would feel just as uncomfortable with a female roommate...and i am straight. unless i was married or she was my g/f

You are missing the point. I'm not saying that homosexuals are criminals. I'm just pointing out that if we are suppose to be accepting of everyone that includes criminals..

Criminals break the law, how do homosexuals break any laws? :-s

What he's saying is that why do we label people who do one thing criminals, and homosexuals as not. (I think)

Probably a terrible way to put it aswell, so don't quote me on it.

Theoretically he's right, it comes down to that what IS right/wrong argument that Astra had with Satenza a while back, which melted my brain. Literally.

Unfortunetly, theoretical philosophy won't get you far round here XplsvBam

supernovasigst7.jpg

Are you sure? "homosexuality is a crime against humanity" is what you said. All of those other crimes you listed are crimes against humanity...and so I understand how bluelancer thought as he did.

Gays are hardly committing a crime. They can't help it, it's just an orientation they have just like you are attracted to women. How do I know this? I've met several gay people in my life, and many of them would love to be straight but that's simply not the case. Not to mention...it doesn't harm anyone. The absolute WORST that could happen is that you get hit on by a homo, but all you have to do is say sorry man, I'm into women, and then move on with your life.

Being homosexual doesn't harm anyone at all. Oh, and for some reason, (this may not apply to you) I always see pictures of gay men on tv when talking about homosexuality. For some reason men feel threatened. But then they see some homosexual women making out and they get turned on...they don't care about the principle, they just feel like their masculinity is threatened, which would lead one to think that those who speak out against homosexuality aren't as entirely sure in their sexuality as men who don't care or accept it.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

What 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home is in no way comparable to crime, its an idiotic comparison. If somebody can do a job (any job) to the required level then they should be allowed to do so.

It's funny to look back on but women had to fight against the same prejudice before they were accepted into the military and now nobody blinks an eyelid when they hear about females in the military, maybe in a few years the situation will be the same for homosexuals.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

I find it funny all those who have posted homophobic views on this thread are fundementalist christians.

Signature3.gif

I find it funny all those who have posted homophobic views on this thread are fundementalist christians.

I find it funny that you think because its christians, its a issue to bring up.

Gays are gays by choice, not by genitics.

Yeah "i'm trying not to be a fruity cake but its sooo hard to like girls cuz my genes, HELPPPP"..

Right..

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me