DS Closes

handyguy

Im not sure if im allowed to post it, but I just read it on RSC. Dark Slayers has actually closed. (I would post a link to the topic, but only if allowed.)

Heres what was posted on DS Forums:

They say that everything that has a beginning must have an end, and at the risk of being branded a clicḫ̩̉̉ artist, here goes.

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll start at the beginning, when I met a bunch of level 90s that turned out to be the warmest fun pking community IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d been around, TrixÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s noob team of pkers called DS.

Little then did I know that we would grow from there to being, (to my mind at least) the most dominant powerful clan that runescape has seen.

In my 2 odd years in DS, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve had the occasion to fight alongside and lead; what is, without a doubt a collection of the coolest people in this game we all are, in part addicted to.

WeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been through good times and bad, risen through them to reach new heights. It has been my pleasure to have lead DS, and share in memorable battles and events and incidences. To know some of you has enriched the quality of my life and taught me some much about people that I am indebted to you eternally.

A while back, we grudgingly brought up the topic of closing DS and moving on from Runescape, at least in terms of activity, because letÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s face it, at the end of the day, this is just a game and there are a lot of other things to do irl that have a direct bearing on our lives. Rocky and Kide have exacting college schedules coming up and I will be extremely busy in the very near future.

The question then arose if it would be fair to you if we continued leading this clan without the 120% (dedication to you Big red) devotion required to do so. At the same time we tried all sorts of things to keep our interest in RS from waning, I made a pure for example, Kide and Rocky tried Ogame to stay on for fights etc.

But one canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t run away from fate forever and inexorably we realized that we would have to do what was required instead of selfishly allowing DS to suffer till we couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t play that much any more. Consequently, we picked the 2 year anniversary for DSÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s reopening, more than a year of being unbeaten and unrivalled by FAR on Runescape. It seems apt to go out with a bang on this day of all days.

Let us never forget

We were without a doubt the scourge of Runescape, for the past year we have battled multiple opponents, all sorts of clans, we rose from a slump, we took the number 1 rank on runescape and we told everyone else ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâyou canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have it while weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re here, If you want number 1, you have to be invincible like we areÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ We fought outnumbered, we fought outnumbering, we fought whenever we heard there were people out to fight.

(330 DS opts vs 640 TA opts ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ DS wins)

(154 Ds opts vs 340 TA opts ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ DS wins)

(180 DS opts vs 270 RSD opts ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ DS wins)

15 winning streak over DI, prior to a neck to neck win-loss with them.

I could go on and on, but hey, youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re Ds you were there.

We beat THE in what was arguably the shortest war on Runescape, where 180 people died in 15ish mins to 150, proving organization over numbers.

We fought tooth and nail against our arch rivals Di, we did not succumb to them, we forced them to take a hiatus from Runescape for a few months to work on their f2p.

WeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve have the joy of fighting great clans like Df and EH, as well as the smaller though equally strong clans like CL and so many others.

WeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve had fun on our small pks, ranging from 30 opts and blooming to 150 when we fought clans, then of course the crazy Trix pks or X pks, with everyone from almost every clan ( I remember one with Df, Eh, CL, SOk and DS) lol.

But most of all let us never forget that being DS is being part of the DS community, and the community was what kept the game alive for me. I love you guys and gals, from the newest members to the oldest old schoolers, for your time, your dedication, your loyalty, your trust and most of all your friendship. I will cherish these memories to the end of my days.

To my mind you are all part of what makes this post so hard to make, not a dead ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâclanÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ but a living breathing organism, with hopes and happiness. To that end, we are keeping the forums open, and as Kide said IRC as well.

I know some of our retireds and members will be quitting RS, keep me added on Msn and Runescape, for those of you who will still continue to play you will see me on occasionally, might be on rs for a few days ( obsessive compulsiveness to finish what I started on my pure ) and off and on. Some of you might go to other clans or play solo, keep the DS pride with you.

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d like to take a few lines to thank the Senior members and Council members for all the effort and time theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve put into DS with their thoughts, work ethic and selfless devotion. Often they have been neither heard nor seen by the multitudes, but we took solace in their advice and support during trying times.

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d like to thank the Legendary Slayers, that core of fanatic DS loyalists who did so much behind the scenes.

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d like to thank the Elite Slayers and Newborn Slayers; you are the people that made it all happen out there in the battle field.

IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d like to thank last but not the least, the Future Applicants and Applicants, we loved getting to know you, you are awesome people and I would hate to lose contact with you in the future.

We may be back some day, to renew old ties and bring back the DS that was.

To the RSC Clan Community:

While this may come as a shock to the clan community in general, we would like to thank the clans weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve fought barring one, for giving us pleasant memories and great fights.

We hope that our members should they wish, find good homes in honorable respectable clans, they were all remade in the furnace that is DS, and would be an asset to any clan or community.

As IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve said our forums will be open primarily for our members but you are welcome to post as and when you feel the need as will our IRC.

And now with a sincere apology to Gilda Radner, let me say that I wanted a perfect ending. But I've learnt, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.

With that we say our goodbyes.

ciao

Franzk

Proud to have been Dark Slayers.

This means something big for the Clan World.

When I click Clan Discussions & saw the thread title "DS Closes" I couldn't believe it. I thought it was maybe some other clan with the same initials of Dark Slayers. Then I saw it was Handyguy who had created the thread, & I started getting butterflies in my stomach. So I went to other threads & posted, then came to this one as my final one. I saw "Dark Slayers" in the post & just sat there at the computer, motionless.

I read the quote in disbelief.

I truly can't believe this is DS' end. After trying so hard to reach for number one, having to beat DI along the way, DS finally got what they wanted. Not only that, but they firmly held #1 & grew.

I hope DS comes back one day, maybe when no one is expecting it. But til then, RuneScape loves u DS & always will.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I really cant believe it either. When I joined the whole Clan World, DS was the #1 clan. Now..its dead. I wonder where all the DS members will go. The new top clan will probably be based on where they go, unless they all quit.

on this topic I shall allow you Handyguy to make a link to this. so long as the site is clean.

all good things must come to an end or so they say. perhaps some of the members will make a new clan. it would be nice of some one from Dark Slayers to come and post heer. maby a member of the counsle or something.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Well...

This is news...

I wonder what the fall-out of this will be. It could be that they splinter up, perhaps they make some slimmed-down version of their former clan.

Perhaps a lot of them use this as an excuse to get back to real life...

Maybe a handfull of them go solo to smaller, middle-classed clans, teaching them the finer points and all that jazz...

Sorry, that last thing is just a silent hope to create a more multi-polar clan community...

Anywho, end of an era, sad to see em go, etcetera, yadeyada...

:boohoo:

As always, let something good come from this...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Aww...

Well, thats too bad... Couldve evened things out a bit left and right, kept things interesting...

On the other hand, It'll be nice to see how this sudden power vacuum plays out, since I doubt many former-DS people will go directly to their rivals...

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

I think most of the ex-DS will either quit or go clanless. DI will sort of benefit from this, as they will be #1 again, but they won't receive any ex-DS members.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Who cares about RSC

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

Aww...

Well, thats too bad... Couldve evened things out a bit left and right, kept things interesting...

On the other hand, It'll be nice to see how this sudden power vacuum plays out, since I doubt many former-DS people will go directly to their rivals...

Yeah, I'm going to wait and see what happens to the top 5 clans now.

Sorry to hear such a great clan go.

I lost count...how many times have they died and go back to being reborn again?

It sounds like their gone for good this time though...

when it died, people would say its gone for good

a new DS will be reborn again...watch..

Depends on how long it takes. Its been like 4 days, and most of them have joined other clans. If they dont make a new clan fast then it wont be nearly as strong as it was.

Depends on how long it takes. Its been like 4 days, and most of them have joined other clans. If they dont make a new clan fast then it wont be nearly as strong as it was.[/quote

u expect DS to be back to its strongest? maybe if u saw TDL when it closed and was reborn, it wasn't as strong as it was but who cares... they were still a good clan. Same with Exercitum

DS doesn't need to be as strong as it once was...

Depends on how long it takes. Its been like 4 days, and most of them have joined other clans. If they dont make a new clan fast then it wont be nearly as strong as it was.[/quote

u expect DS to be back to its strongest? maybe if u saw TDL when it closed and was reborn, it wasn't as strong as it was but who cares... they were still a good clan. Same with Exercitum

What does it need to be?

What does it need to be?

Well.. We will just have to wait until something happens.

j0xPu5R.png

What does it need to be?

you don't seem to know about clans well...

I already said, it doesn't need to be as strong as it once was. DS doesn't need 200+ members if they are made again. 200+ members doesn't help them win a war anyway. Its teamwork...

DS could end up starting with like 80 members and end up like that for 6 months for example, they could then end up on the top 10 rank with just 80 members but they'll never be as good as it once was due to the fact that their old members either quit or joined another clan.

What does it need to be?

you don't seem to know about clans well...

I already said, it doesn't need to be as strong as it once was. DS doesn't need 200+ members if they are made again. 200+ members doesn't help them win a war anyway. Its teamwork...

DS could end up starting with like 80 members and end up like that for 6 months for example, they could then end up on the top 10 rank with just 80 members but they'll never be as good as it once was due to the fact that their old members either quit or joined another clan.

You should consider changing what you wrote earlier, as it made no sense. You said that DS doesnt need to be.. Which I asked what you ment.

But seeing as you posted again, it looks like we have the exact same view on the matter. Good work!

Although I apreaceate all the posts heer on this topic I would like for you to stop with the nested quotes.

Thank You.

What?