A way to stop macroers!

ADT_CLONE

Jagex, jagex... When will you ever learn how to stop macroers? You apparently have "protection" against them,, yet I go on the biggest world and most unlikely place for macroers, and there are 5 little level 3 accounts hogging my yews. That is rediculous. And they have forgotten about one of the most surefire ways to stop macroers. Forums and other websites use it, why can't they.

I reckon that Jagex should add in a security feature. When your not in combat and out of the wilderness, if it actually detects signs of macroers, example, constant clicking, waiting before clicking, long term cutting, it will have a little pop-up screen asking you to type in a certain security code. This would work a lot and wouldn't annoy players too much. It also means most macroers would go out of buisiness because they wouldn't be able to crack this code.

So who agrees with me on this system, because at the moment I'm pissed and can't cut a yew without 5 other macroers joining in, making money for their mains, and then bragging to other people about their mask and 40 mill that they "earned". If you agree with this system, please post a reply saying so. I was thinking of building up a partition, though I was too lazy. Any help of getting this message to Jagex would be greatly appriciated.

rune,ADT_CLONE.gif

ADT_CLONE.gif

You are talking about a captcha image...which was broken in RS1, and is broken on most websites. If a rotating balloon animal wont stop a macro what makes you think some text will?

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Yahoo and Google use it, why not RuneScape? Text is extremely difficult for a program to read if it is not a) copiable and B) in usual form. This would be very effective. But still not foolproof.
OK, then don't read text, just know how many interfaces will be held and detect the differences and uniquenesses to each interface :roll: :wink:

Or we can make random events more likely when you perform an action that is "macro-like"

it seems rather drastic to me..... but, i have a minor improvement for it:

there could be two varying things; the text that they must type AND the way in which they must read it. there could be like 10 variations of the reading it part. it could be like "left to right", "top right to bottom left", or "bottom to top". this would make it tricker i think =p.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

A potential method in which this would work is a "puzzle" of sorts. Essentially, you could make a little 5x5 word find and you have to find the word located in there. Given, the word would only be Left-Right, TopLeft-BottomRight, or Top-Bottom alignment to make it easier, but it would still be hard for a macroer system to find it since it would completely randomize where and how the word is added.

So for example, say the word was 'CAT.'

ARSTE

EMCIR

OLANW

CNTWY

POQAN

Cat would be Row 2, Colemn 3 going down... but it could be randomized literally anywhere in the puzzle...

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

A potential method in which this would work is a "puzzle" of sorts. Essentially, you could make a little 5x5 word find and you have to find the word located in there. Given, the word would only be Left-Right, TopLeft-BottomRight, or Top-Bottom alignment to make it easier, but it would still be hard for a macroer system to find it since it would completely randomize where and how the word is added.

So for example, say the word was 'CAT.'

ARSTE

EMCIR

OLANW

CNTWY

POQAN

Cat would be Row 2, Colemn 3 going down... but it could be randomized literally anywhere in the puzzle...

Great idea, maybe a Rubik's cube puzzle? I'd own at that.

Good idea, but deltawood has a better one. Click on my sig for a good and fun way to kill macros.

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

abbyssalwhip chill lol, i made an idea once then a day later saw someone else post it, dont spam their (your) idea... its an idea to make the game better regardless of who thinks of it, so maybe help along with the idea instead of getting in a hissy about it?

ontopic... i think this is a good idea, bound to annoy people but LIVE WITH IT if so many people didnt macro we wouldnt have the damn porblem in the first place would we?

and over 50% of people that put an idea like this down are macroers them selvs lmao.... idiots

anyway, good luck with the idea =) very much in support

MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls - LOL, but how true?

Oh and none of the people you see online saying "looking for bf" are girls. Statistics I make up don't lie. - HA!

Retired - 19:37 - 25th feb 2007

Officially back - 19:19 - 16th april 2007

Ive quit enough times to quit again and be garunteed im guna be bribed back, totally worth it ;) until next month anyway

Good idea, but deltawood has a better one. Click on my sig for a good and fun way to kill macros.

I tried Delta's way, but the macroers are pretty advanced. After the hobs hit them a few times they ran like the devil himself was chasing 'em. It was still fun to watch, though.

50m.png

^ Going for full 3rd age Ranged, no coif, with about 10m to spare. Merching ftw.^

TIF vs KWD=Tif scared

Jagex, jagex... When will you ever learn how to stop macroers? You apparently have "protection" against them,, yet I go on the biggest world and most unlikely place for macroers, and there are 5 little level 3 accounts hogging my yews. That is rediculous. And they have forgotten about one of the most surefire ways to stop macroers. Forums and other websites use it, why can't they.

I reckon that Jagex should add in a security feature. When your not in combat and out of the wilderness, if it actually detects signs of macroers, example, constant clicking, waiting before clicking, long term cutting, it will have a little pop-up screen asking you to type in a certain security code. This would work a lot and wouldn't annoy players too much. It also means most macroers would go out of buisiness because they wouldn't be able to crack this code.

So who agrees with me on this system, because at the moment I'm pissed and can't cut a yew without 5 other macroers joining in, making money for their mains, and then bragging to other people about their mask and 40 mill that they "earned". If you agree with this system, please post a reply saying so. I was thinking of building up a partition, though I was too lazy. Any help of getting this message to Jagex would be greatly appriciated.

You didn't play rs1 did you. If you did you would know this has been tried similary(sleeping bags) and failed yet you think it will work now.

Recalling... Recalling.... RSC!! JaGeX tried this before, back in RSC. We had these 1337 things called 'Sleeping Bags' and 'Beds.' Pretty much EVERYTHING but walking used 'energy,' and you could only get 'energy' back by using a sleeping bag. You had to type in a code to get out of the bag though. Anyways, you still have them if you play RSC, but RS2 did away with them. I think people didn't like them because they were an inconvenience and you could escape fights with them.

But on your suggestion, I can see the logic, but the implementation wouldn't go over well in my eyes. Largely because, people can now get through those filters, and also, regular players might get REALLY ticked.

So overall, good intentions, but by looking at the past, I would have to disagree that this could be used effectively.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg