2008 Presidential Election

Viktorkrum77

Hilery Clinton is Anti Guns which meens she would be in favor of takeing away my right to keep and bear arms. now many of you may think guns in the controll of private citizens is a bad thing but I do not belive it is. in austraila when they took away private citizens right to own fire arms I do belive heering reports from the NRA that home invasions increased by 900 percent.
That is pure [cabbage]; I think the peak "increase" was like 14% or something on home invasions and that didn't happen till around 3 years later and is in the decline; as with almost all violent crimes (assult, homocide, home invasion, etc).

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wish we cud have bush again tbh :lol: :lol:

untitled17gw8ps.gif

Evolution is a philosophy unsupported by the majority of scientific observations whose influence has been a detriment to society and true scientific advancement.

I just had to post this on the whole gun debate. It's hilarious, with elements of truth in it (but don't take it too literally):

And everybody's talking about gun control, got to get rid of the guns. [bleep] that. l like guns. You got a gun, you don't have to work out. l ain't working out. l ain't jogging. You got pecs, l got Tecs. You don't need no gun control.

You know what you need?

We need some bullet control.

Man, we need to control the bullets, that's right. l think all bullets should cost $5000. $5000 for a bullet. You know why? 'Cause if a bullet costs $ 5000 there'd be no more innocent bystanders.

That'd be it.

Every time someone gets shot, people will be like, ''Damn, he must have did something. ''[cabbage], they put $50,000 worth of bullets

in his [wagon].'' People would think before they killed somebody, if a bullet cost $5000. ''Man, l would blow your [bleep]ing head off, if l could afford it. ''l'm gonna get me another job,

l'm gonna start saving some money...'and you're a dead man.

''You better hope

l can't get no bullets on layaway.''

So even if you get shot by a stray bullet...you won't have to go to no doctor

to get it taken out.

Whoever shot you

would take their bullet back.

''l believe you got my property.''

Satenza, just because John McCain believes those things, does not mean he will act on them like President Bush.

My job in real life requires me to be fully objective on all matters. I work with gay people without even worrying about it, even though I am thoroughly against homosexuality. I am ragingly anti-abortion, but I have given several young accidental fathers the addresses of abortion clinics. I give them all the options, but I don't hide anything.

John McCain is an honest and good man. I imagine he could handle the war in Iraq much better than the current President, and will still be able to devote time to domestic matters that actually improve the nation.

You can't be sure he will put his own prejudice and indoctrinating beleifs to the side in favour of helping the war effort and improving the nation without settleing for even more authority and pro-evangelist ideas. Whereas is you vote democrat you will know that they think objectivley and not absolutley.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Whereas is you vote democrat you will know that they think objectivley and not absolutley.

Sorry, Sat, but hah! That's like calling Fox News 'Fair and Unbiased.'

I could say that if Hillary was President, she would veto any legislation designed to limit abortion just because she supports it. Even if that bill had a legitimate cause.

It's the opposite. And before you say ''but it's the right way!", that's just your opinion. One of many million.

wish we cud have bush again tbh

You've got to be kidding Carlin. While he was strong in his first term, he did almost nothing in the second, at all. While fame will relay him as maybe the 2nd or 3rd most powerful President, he is nowhere near the top in order of greatness.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

wish we cud have bush again tbh

You've got to be kidding Carlin. While he was strong in his first term, he did almost nothing in the second, at all. While fame will relay him as maybe the 2nd or 3rd most powerful President, he is nowhere near the top in order of greatness.

he is a man of god and he did more for this country as a nation under god as any other.

also satenza ur wrong clinton would just make this country into a hippie godless hell hole. ppl need to be told whats right and whats wrong because they are so far from god nowadays and they need the right man to do it. that man is bush or at least mccain. he will put ppl in order.

abortion needs to be illegal because its an insult to gods creation.

untitled17gw8ps.gif

Evolution is a philosophy unsupported by the majority of scientific observations whose influence has been a detriment to society and true scientific advancement.

Carlin, there were many other GOOD Presidents that were men of God. Like Reagan. Reagan is 10x the President that Bush would have been in his second term.

Bush has done NOTHING in this term aside from fighting the war. Barely any legislation.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

not to mention the fact he has failed to pardon the texas three dispite over ahundred us representatives sending bush strong letters asking for them to be pardoned. that whole thing stinks with corruption and a strong infulence from Vincent Fox President of Mexico. Since when did mexico have infulence on our policy?

then there is his recent statements about how packing lettice in mexico was the "highlight" Of his Presidency! what kind of a president would go out and say something like that? I meen even if its true its a terrible insult to the office of the president of the united states.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

ok this election is gonna be crazy :D but we are either gonna have al gore win or our first black president (obama) or our first women president (hilary :( ) she is anti-gamer and if you are looking at these forums you must be pro-gamer so yeah.......

Don't forget who Al Gore is married too. Tipper's more pro-censorship than Hillary.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Whereas is you vote democrat you will know that they think objectivley and not absolutley.

I could say that if Hillary was President, she would veto any legislation designed to limit abortion just because she supports it. Even if that bill had a legitimate cause.

Her decisions wouldn't be limiting anyone though would they? She's basically saying "If you think it's wrong to have an aborition don't have one. If you need one the service is avaliable". Thats not unfair, nor is it biased. It's pro-choice, less government interferance and allowing people to freely choose for themselves. Banning aborition is not the same because thats limiting choice, not granting it. Even you said that you gave addresse of abortion clinics to people, and so you support people's decision to make a choice. I don't see why you are republican.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Why do you guys keep mentioning Gore? I don't think he plans to run, unless I missed something. It's entirely possible he could announce it later, but isn't he behind by now? I just think if he were to announce it he would have already.

Her decisions wouldn't be limiting anyone though would they? She's basically saying "If you think it's wrong to have an aborition don't have one. If you need one the service is avaliable". Thats not unfair, nor is it biased. It's pro-choice, less government interferance and allowing people to freely choose for themselves. Banning aborition is not the same because thats limiting choice, not granting it. Even you said that you gave addresse of abortion clinics to people, and so you support people's decision to make a choice. I don't see why you are republican.

Because unlike you and many others on both sides, I am open minded about other people's beliefs. Now, I must be biased. I sit down with the boy and girl and explain exactly how abortions are carried out as I would explain the local adoption situation. I have my biases to make me Conservative.

Edit: Changed "Republican" to "Conservative."

Untitled.png

Wow, enlightening. You think someone's right to choose what happens to them is more important than someone's right to live. Well next time someone tries to kill you because you are an inconvenience to them, make sure you don't infringe on their right to choose.

I am never in favor of abortions, however I can understand when someone finds out that they are pregnant if they as soon as possible have the procedure performed. Its the late second and third trimester abortions that anger me the most. Mainly because infants have a chance of survival outside the womb as early as 26 weeks into development of the total 40.

Whats with people hating on video games? :evil:

Only OLD people who never played one are anti-gamer!

Hopefully obama gets it.. however I believe Bush will do anything and everything in his power to prolong his ever lasting presidency.

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Whats with people hating on video games? :evil:

Only OLD people who never played one are anti-gamer!

Hopefully obama gets it.. however I believe Bush will do anything and everything in his power to prolong his ever lasting presidency.

~Defender~

The President's body guards are under orders and law to arrest him if he tries to violate the Executive Doctrine.

And I am moderately anti-video game. But only in the fact that children get their hands on games too easily. Therefore my qualm is not with the games themselves, but the stores that sell them and the parents.

Untitled.png

Wow, enlightening. You think someone's right to choose what happens to them is more important than someone's right to live. Well next time someone tries to kill you because you are an inconvenience to them, make sure you don't infringe on their right to choose.

I am never in favor of abortions, however I can understand when someone finds out that they are pregnant if they as soon as possible have the procedure performed. Its the late second and third trimester abortions that anger me the most. Mainly because infants have a chance of survival outside the womb as early as 26 weeks into development of the total 40.

It's really debatable, of course, how much an embryo is "alive" or "aware", and how much different killing it is from killing an adult - this is similar to Stem cell research (Of course stopping embryonic stem cell research is stupider than stopping abortions).

The service should always be provided, for cases where it's totally necessary. Just as a backup. Banning abortion clinics altogether is sort of stupid - what happens if an 18yo girl gets kidnapped, sexually assaulted, and made pregnant? This is a time when you need an abortion. If the infant were allowed to be born it would make a lot of things a lot worse for its mother, and also for the poor baby - so we need to keep abortion clinics around. People who are anti-abortion can just stay away from them and let unwanted pregnancies develop into major problems, so that an infant's life can be preserved.

sig2.jpg

i thought bush couldnt run again?

sorry about the first post clicked submit not preview :oops:

Yea, 8 year, 2 term maximum.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!