Delete inactive accounts

Sorry

Hey tip.it, dont you see that if you want to make a new accounts all nice names are taken, you have to take a ugly name or one with numbers in it (also ugly)

Some years ago some people mustve made alot of accounts just to take the cool names, but never to play on it again.

When you look up alot of the names, they aren't featured in the highscores.

Why not make it that low account which are inactive for long time are automatically deleted from the memory, and the name comes free again.

I can't say any limits, but maybe make it that accounts not logged in for a month are deleted, when you have played at least 12 hours, you can't be deleted anymore.

Names of banned accounts cannot be used again, think if people would take names of some notable people. Im not calling names but you can imagine.

Now alot of cool names would come free and you wont see as much ugly names anymore. Please post your thoughts about this idea.

conplaatje3vl9.png

urrrmmm.....a month? maybe a year.....people don't log in for a month because of an injury or maybe thyey take a break.....a year seems fair, but still no one really cares if that names taken...don't make so many accounts yourself thats why the names are taken in the first place...

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

I know, Im not sure about the time limits, it was just an idea.

But if youve played for at least 12 hours you can never be deleted. People who only played for some hours have no loss at all I think.

I dont know about realistic limits.

Maybe if you left tutorial island you are already immune to erases, or if you come in the highscores...post your thoughts.

conplaatje3vl9.png

well delete accounts when jagex gives more bank space to f2ps

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Oh poor baby has to have a # on the end of his name...

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

You look dumber every time I see you post. -.-

I don't support the idea, however, as I have a bunch of noobs I don't train much and I don't want them to get deleted.

Oh poor baby has to have a # on the end of his name...

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

You look dumber every time I see you post. -.-

I don't support the idea, however, as I have a bunch of noobs I don't train much and I don't want them to get deleted.

Hm, yes, maybe make the limit smaller?

Just 1 hour of playing makes you immune of being erased?

As long as the accounts who are just made to keep the name are erased.

conplaatje3vl9.png

Heh, well I once quit RS for 2-3 years, and did start again. So my account would be lost. A rule that you have to play X hours on your account before it "could" get deleted seems a good idea.

There are games that have such a thing.

If jagex delete a bunch of inactive accounts, then there will be a huge rush to get all the good names. Jagex servers will be slow, and people will be making as many good names as they can think of not using them all if any = more inactive accounts all over again.

i'm all for reusing names of banned accounts, but inactive?

what if you're taking a break or its your skiller or something? it's just not fair to delete work like that.

One hour? What is that? That's nothing.

Even if an account got erased and someone else choose the name, all the guys on that person's friends list will all be like: Hi!!! and he'll be all, "Who are you people?!?!"

Only way to solve this is......ok I can't think of a way to solve it. But if all these problems didn't exist, I'm sure this would free up a LOT of memory.

And all you guys who post one sentences neglections to the idea, you should just not post. They have nothing to do with the thread. Sure you show that you don't want it, but what doe that tell the initial poster? It only makes him angry like this poor fellow (excuse me for calling you that). If your going to say that, at least say why. It's all spam otherwise.

Yes they read a little bit to fast.

The 3 people who posted before you think it can happen to any account.

But Im not even sure about the time limit.

Maybe just if you are out of the tutorial island?

Any account you would want to use again some time is out of the tutorial island.

Maybe even make you immune to deletion when you have once logged in, doesnt matter if you logged out right then?

Just to get rid of the people who make account to hold the names and to never use them again?

conplaatje3vl9.png

Leave that for Jagex to decide, but I think 3 or 5 hours is enough.

Copypaste this if you like:

The time for account to disappear should be (100+total lvl*2) days without logging in.

examples:

total lvl 200 = 100+400=500= 1,5 years

total lvl 999 = 100+1998=2098= about 6 years

total lvl 1000 -> cannot be deleted

-> accounts made just for the fun of having the name would disappear in 1-2 years

To prevent getting deleted just log in once in 5 years (I still have RSc character. Logged in 4 times after RS2 came)

They already got that "you last logged in 'date'" system

loginmessagessiggy.png

I agree they should delete some older, unused accounts... I don't know any real specifics for how long since last log-in or how long played... This looks alright, (although some it is is assuming the game lasts this long):

examples:

total lvl 200 = 100+400=500= 1,5 years

total lvl 1000 = 100+2000=2100= about 6 years

total lvl 2000 = 100+4000=4100= about 11 years

Anyway, for now... :thumbup:

I totally agree with this, there are already many accounts that are simply not used anymore.

It could be like other games, like Warcraft III, in which you have to play one hour on an account in about one week, or else it is deleted, afterword if you log in every 3 months, the account still exists.

Of course, on a game like RuneScape, it would be more generous, something without the initial play time, but after 2 years of extreme inactivity (so that people can't keep accounts alive by playing on them for random 5 minute periods or something) the account would be deleted.

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

I totally agree with this, there are already many accounts that are simply not used anymore.

It could be like other games, like Warcraft III, in which you have to play one hour on an account in about one week, or else it is deleted, afterword if you log in every 3 months, the account still exists.

Of course, on a game like RuneScape, it would be more generous, something without the initial play time, but after 2 years of extreme inactivity (so that people can't keep accounts alive by playing on them for random 5 minute periods or something) the account would be deleted.

Only one thing to add to this. If they are in the highscores, they will not be deleted no matter what.