Weekly Poll: Which operating system do you use?

Kiara_Kat

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XP is what I use,

today can't load runescape at all, something to do with java?

go http://www.java.com, check if u got most recent update

siggya.th.png

xprozaccx.png

RIP my main Xprozaccx.

Still Dreaming of Farming Cape

Confucius say: "Crowded elevator smell different to a midget" xD

lol mac ftw

windows is, no offence ment, crppy

mac cant get virus's, has less glitches

windows. gets a virus easily. no glitches fixed initially, patches sent out later. very bad

Just because Mac doesn't have many viruses doesn't mean it can't get them. A virus is just a program. If you can run programs, you can get a virus.

nope..

those noobs who make viruses have no programms that can make viruses in .dmg files...

its a fact,deal with it

afbeelding4kopieae2.png

I use Windows Xp. I think my computer is fine the way it is, a little slow, as its three or four years old, but when I get a new computer, I'll get Vista on that.

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

Linux all the way, by the people, for the people.

I've used DOS for a few years, then started in with Windows 3.1/3.11.

Windows 95 was fun to tinker with. (Anybody else remember Back Orifice?)

I used Win 98SE for a while, and ended up hacking it to bits, everything short of replacing the kernel.

Of course, I switched to Linux when I realised that I COULD replace the kernel, even recompile it myself. Needless to say, I've been there ever since.

The customisation really can't be beaten, users are free to take it and make it their own.

I am with a few that have said that OSX and Linux should not be grouped together. Sure, OSX is based on the kernel from one of the BSDs, but it is no longer a free community-built OS.

A wise man once said that the only secure computer is one buried in concrete, with the network cable unplugged, and the power cable cut.

This is clever, but not entirely true. To compromise this system, one needs only to dig it out, place the disks in a working system, and any data from those disks is visible.

My two cents, take it or leave it.

Nyosuht

Are we the only two here who use Linux?

:roll:

Sad I missed this poll...

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

A wise man once said that the only secure computer is one buried in concrete, with the network cable unplugged, and the power cable cut.

This is clever, but not entirely true. To compromise this system, one needs only to dig it out, place the disks in a working system, and any data from those disks is visible.

My two cents, take it or leave it.

Nyosuht

<.< Did I forget to mention the tamper system, with the magnesium and the fire and all of that?

Heheh.

Most secure computer ever built: The abacus.

It counts, yes, it's graphically challenged, so (?), and if anyone tries to see what you are doing with it, one shake and, viola! No more stealable data.

:XD:

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

Anyone who likes Vista should search youtube for "Ubuntu + Beryl". It's a BEAUTIFUL thing.

I've got Windows XP, Windows Vista Ultimate and Ubuntu Feisty set up in a triple-boot configuration. However, I only really use Ubuntu. Linux FTW! \'