1 May 2007 - Bots and real-world trading

jessy87

i support Jagex 100% in this. maybe some of you who think it's an overreaction are members and don't see it as clearly as f2p'ers do.. there is not a yew in the game (that i know of) that isn't covered by at least one or 2 robots/farmers/whatever.

it really is a big deal, and it is frustrating when you report 20 of them in a 30 second span (well I can, I'm a mod.) and then the next day theres plenty more of them.

plus, when i cut willows, people trying to help are like "zomg leap look at all the macros!!" ... previously i said "jagex knows, they're working on it," but to be honest, i didnt believe what i was saying. now i am positive they know.

thank you jagex!!

:lol: :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS =D> =D> you've just won the award for the biggest Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooob in RuneScape!!

hello!! MEMBER HERE!! It's not an overreaction!!!

Have you noticed a few things about members worlds?!?!!?!

I guess not cuz your a f2p!!

Magic trees - members

maples - members

sharks - members

FLETCHING!! YES A HOLE SKILL!! - MEMBERS!!

nat crafting - members

law crafting - members

death crafting - members

abbys - members!!!

HELLO!!!! I see at least 3 bots/autoers a WEEK

Maybe you should get a member-ship and see how much WORSE!!!!!! they get in members!!!

I think it's great that jagex is giving us INFORMATION on what there trying to do on this!!

I was aware of bots, autoers ect. in f2p after abot 6 months of playing!!!

You have no idea what your talking about :wall: :wall: :wall:

DO NOT PM ME IF I'M ONLINE!!

Don't swear DIK-HEAD!!!! :evil:

Omg, Bob is Zaros :P

4lzcdxw.jpg

I will kill all who come within 1 square of me!!
I own you noob!
Where's your fire cape then noob?!?!
You hurt my feelings

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the autoers were not as bad before dec. but when i got back from a 3 month break there was major change. Now aday i count 50+ autoers in fishing an wcing, its a big prob. my numbers are from my home world 121 if u dont belive me then check yourself lol =P.

dragonfherbcape,angel8979.gif

angel8979.png

Thats only after 6 months of play and took 3 months off =P. home world is 121 come and find me if you want =P either fishing/wcing/slayer sometimes other things

Don't worry, I believe ya.

I'm just adamant in my vow not to train wc until the autoers are nearly exterminated by the yews and willows, which will take Jagex a while, understandably.

I can program Visual Basic 6.0, so I know how long it takes to set up a program and debug it, so I symphathize with Jagex. They've got a lot on their plate.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

i support Jagex 100% in this. maybe some of you who think it's an overreaction are members and don't see it as clearly as f2p'ers do.. there is not a yew in the game (that i know of) that isn't covered by at least one or 2 robots/farmers/whatever.

it really is a big deal, and it is frustrating when you report 20 of them in a 30 second span (well I can, I'm a mod.) and then the next day theres plenty more of them.

plus, when i cut willows, people trying to help are like "zomg leap look at all the macros!!" ... previously i said "jagex knows, they're working on it," but to be honest, i didnt believe what i was saying. now i am positive they know.

thank you jagex!!

CONGRATULATIONS =D> =D> you've just won the award for the biggest Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooob in RuneScape!!

Magic trees - members

maples - members

sharks - members

nat crafting - members

law crafting - members

death crafting - members

abbys - members!!!

Maybe you should get a member-ship and see how much WORSE!!!!!! they get in members!!!

I think it's great that jagex is giving us INFORMATION on what there trying to do on this!!

What are you ranting on and on about? As far as I can tell, leapfrog seems to agree with most of what you say. Do you really need all those exclamation points, emoticons, and insults in your post? Calm down, please.

Pixeloaded.jpg

thank you jagex!!

Magic trees - members

maples - members

sharks - members

nat crafting - members

law crafting - members

death crafting - members

abbys - members!!!

What are you ranting on and on about? As far as I can tell, leapfrog seems to agree with most of what you say. Do you really need all those exclamation points, emoticons, and insults in your post? Calm down, please.

thank you scn...

mexay, what are you reading?? the part i said about "overreaction" is in response to others. if you go back a couple of pages, people are saying its hilarious that jagex is doing this, that it's an overreaction. scn is right in saying that i DO NOT think this is an overreaction. and did you say you see 3 bots a week in p2p? i can honestly say i see between 5 and 10 every minute at draynor willows. care to meet me there? id love to show you them.

clearly im not a member, but nowhere in my post did i say theres not autos in members. im just saying, if you see "3 autos a week," then that isn't nearly as many as i see in f2p. unless your number is wrong. i haven't seen members, no need to scream at me. i also don't understand half of your post, you didn't realize there were bots in f2p until you were playing 6 months? are you blind? please respond, i need some clarifications. pm me please mexay.

bots are bad, plain and simple, go jagex.

Leapfrog229.gif

I guess cause I never saw the need. I also felt that if I moved into the version of the game that was always changing that it would in some way invalidate the work that I had already put into my account.

clearly im not a member, but nowhere in my post did i say theres not autos in members. im just saying, if you see "3 autos a week," then that isn't nearly as many as i see in f2p. unless your number is wrong. i haven't seen members, no need to scream at me. i also don't understand half of your post, you didn't realize there were bots in f2p until you were playing 6 months? are you blind? please respond, i need some clarifications. pm me please mexay.

bots are bad, plain and simple, go jagex.

I'm f2p, but I know how bad the bots are on P2P worlds by how long a p-mod friend of mine spends reporting them. I've heard of flax, magic trees, and the such. But most of the time, it's people doing AFK training. They see such as an opportunity to grab easy exp w/o being intercepted, and w/o having to do any real work.

(AFK=Away From Keyboard, for those unsure of what the acronym stands for.)

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

Is looking at many screens at the same time (not all runescape of course), and multitasking on three different computers for exemple AFK?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I don't think many people care they fund criminal organizations when they buy gold for an online game :? But it's good they annouce they're cracking down on it so it disencourages trading it.. For real money.

Is looking at many screens at the same time (not all runescape of course), and multitasking on three different computers for exemple AFK?

As common sense probably told you Jagex can't monitor what you're doing. 8-) You can watch a movie, multitask, etc. as long as you play the game and stay logged in.

AFK (Away From Keyboard) means you're not there at all, and a bot is playing instead. That's illegal according to Jagex rules.

Note this isn't universal; Some games even encourage bots and macros, and World of Warcraft for example even has in-built macros as a game feature. It depends on the company.

Also, some games like Project Entropia actually encourage selling the game currency for real money, the system has millions of real dollars. We're just talking about Jagex here.

My, how surprising...

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Note this isn't universal; Some games even encourage bots and macros, and World of Warcraft for example even has in-built macros as a game feature. It depends on the company.

Those "macros" have a different meaning then what it means in RuneScape though - in fact I don't believe there is any game that allows you to automate the full game play, which is what autoing essentially is. Otherwise you could say RuneScape has it's own build in "macros" as well these days: think of fletch-x, cook-x, etc.

Also, some games like Project Entropia actually encourage selling the game currency for real money

Actually, ingame currency = real money there. Too bad the game is kind of rigged against the players.

Not at all. You're still controlling your player, right?

If you are having a program control your player, though, that's a no-no.

And, multitasking at three different computers at once?

When will you walk on water for us all?

Because, that's incredible. Good luck with the power bill there.

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

• 1 month later...

I definitely see more than 3 autoers a week in P2P. More like a few hundred per week... Maybe you just don't pay attention, but every time I go to Catherby to fish, there are at least a dozen bots. And it's the same with the Catherby yews. And Draynor willows. I really don't see how you can only notice three bots per week. :-k

bleh3.PNG

Resident Tip.it Cow. :^_^:

[blog] [twitter]

I don't think IP banning will solve the problem as there are programs for changing your IP, so you just can create a new macro acc and since there get more and more macroes everyday.

Hah, made you look. ;D

Used to have a smith/mining blog here, BUT THAT WAS A LONG-TIME AGO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Sooooo.... 2 years fly by and what are we left with? Many bots left us, some still play the game for the sake of gaining gold for oneself, not for sale. Jagex has taken serious measures trying to everything to restore what 'the old wildy' was like yet ridding RWT. Some say Jagex has failed, some say Jagex has done good, some just say Jagex ruined RuneScape.

We lose a few major aspects of the game, those being freetrade, staking, solo merchanting and the old wilderness. We gain new minigames like Clan Wars, Bounty Hunter (still nice imo, just different), Replacement Bounty Hunter, PvP worlds (corrupt), Grand Exchange (damn price manipulators -.-!)

What are the opinions of us, loyal players of runescape, then?

Not sure if mods like me bumping this very old thread but I was looking through Jagex staff posts haha.

Kinda makes you think when you get a thread on an update this influential with only 6 pages (before bump), but more recent topics on quest releases to like 20 pages.

Who would've know back then?

You can bump a thread as old as old gets, as long as the post is relevent to the topic itself, and not in a spam manner. The guy who bumped it had a very contrubuting post, and therefore it's fine to bump. God. You [wagon]holes need to chill.

ncmxv.png

rex made you pregnet? well with child support he have to give you more axes

Best Music Video Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXQ7nv_FzgA

Sometimes I wish bots never appeared in the first place...

It was them who removed free trade, old wilderness, and staking.

But since there are much fewer bots in RuneScape now, I don't think bots are that much of a big problem anymore.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You can bump a thread as old as old gets, as long as the post is relevent to the topic itself, and not in a spam manner. The guy who bumped it had a very contrubuting post, and therefore it's fine to bump. God. You [wagon]holes need to chill.

It's annoying because people think that it's a new update, I know my eyes skipped over the 2007 in the title completely. -.-

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

It's annoying because people think that it's a new update, I know my eyes skipped over the 2007 in the title completely. -.-

I checked the Runescape main page twice before I saw "2007"

I checked the Runescape main page twice before I saw "2007"

I checked it once. :wall:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].