1 May 2007 - Bots and real-world trading

jessy87

You are funding underground gangs who run Chinese sweatshops, and creating the black market which causes this botting problem.

Lol April Fool joke. Oh wait, it's May...

WTF would they pay people (a pittence but still probably something) to click, when a computer program can do it just as efficiently and cheaper.. Have Jagex been to China and seen it? I doubt it.

Matthew T-D

Whip drops: 9

Abyssal head drops: 3

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't name names.....

Heehee Zybez :shame:

Why not? :( Besides its true, and a couple of the mods on that site sell RS Gold, from what I hear... :-w

Wow never heard about the sweatshops... :shock:

Now to the quote, this sounds like a runescape description of my local drug dealer :XD:

Nevermind that sig thing gold tiger. If you didn't read it, well, good.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Both buyer and seller of RS gold break the real-life trading rule.

But really, autoers make raw materials drop in price. Which is bad why? Now you can make more money fletching or smithing! Yes, I you catch fish or chop yews for money, you are [boogered]. But willows are faster exp then yews, and fly fishing beats sharks for a mile wide.

Sure I understand the peoples frustration, but the problem is growing faster then JaGEx can deal with it. I find autoing useless, and it is against the rules, but furthermore it doesn't affect me a great deal.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

You are funding underground gangs who run Chinese sweatshops, and creating the black market which causes this botting problem.

Lol April Fool joke. Oh wait, it's May...

[what the heck] would they pay people (a pittence but still probably something) to click, when a computer program can do it just as efficiently and cheaper.. Have Jagex been to China and seen it? I doubt it.

No but just last week I saw on the news a report about the Chines people working at places were their whole job is to make money in WoW. I know its not runescape but im sure there are similar things for Runscape. I am just part of the general public and I saw this, and I'm pritty sure Jagex would be more informed about this stuff than you or I. So my point, really, is that you don't need to "go to china" to know what IS going on there.

emflum5eq5.gif

PRIVATE CHAT ON My Blog

Dragon Drops:2 Chains, 4 Meds, 1 2H, 2 Left Halves, 2 Legs, 1 Skirt

Rate My Bank!

Runescape is becoming a police state :ohnoes:

But seriously I have seen many advertisements for buying runescape gold on tipit, I know the admins say "its not their faults" etc etc, but I think Jagex were glancing in this direction when they said

"we have noticed some 3rd party sites,which call themselves 'fansites' but then advertise black market trading sites".

Tipit should be careful Jagex don't crack out the legal whip or anything like that.

Yeah, watch out, tip.it!

I think this is a great thing. I hate people who buy gp for real money, and I think it's very good that JAGeX from now on will give them what they deserve.

Good work, JAGeX!!!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

No offence to Tip.it but don't we have 'rs gold ads' on this site and forums.... :oops:

Unlike some other sites, we are banning them.

Although we can't 100% control it since Google puts those adds there, not Tip.It.

That's why we have a sticky where you can please those adds for them to be banned.

Where abouts is said sticky?

Wow 8k accounts last week is a lot, and clearly Jagex themselves have recognised that they are not keeping up. The problem is bigger than I and possibly many others thought.

The only concern in focusing on breaches of rule 12 is the possibility of innocent players getting mistakenly banned. I personally lend out various items and cash worth many millions to close friends. I wouldn't want these to be misconstrued as real world trading!

Mordendravid.png

Hope so too. Why didn't they "crack down HARD" on them before? Shouldn't they just have made sure the tiny lil' weed from spreading in the whole garden, bycrack[ing] down HARD" on it?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Hm..why are the rs gold ads ALWAYS up at the top on this site? If google controls it why not tell them to place others ads there...People in rs get desparate if they can't make money, having a continual temptation staring you in the face isn't very nice. As far as those money making guides?..they give you pointless samples of what you could do but you actually have to pay real money for stuff that an average knowledgeable runescapian would already know. THOSE GUIDES ARE TRASH don't waste your time!, it's against the rules and ineffective. Kudos to jagex for riling up players to quit cheating and start reporting bots, hopefully the problem can be solved in some way.

I have seen that they have banned all ads on TipIt, I hope that Tipit can continue with banning every ad which is breaking the rules. As with spam, the people behind the ads needs only a few of the crowd to make profit.

If they continue without ads, I might press the supportbutton again.

StGerolf.png

No offence to Tip.it but don't we have 'rs gold ads' on this site and forums.... :oops:

Unlike some other sites, we are banning them.

Although we can't 100% control it since Google puts those adds there, not Tip.It.

That's why we have a sticky where you can please those adds for them to be banned.

I can confirm that this is an ongoing problem. I started up my new site only a few weeks ago, and every week I have to scan the Google ads for new gold sellers and ban them. They are like roaches... kill one and another shows up not soon thereafter.

Anyway, I am glad to see Jagex FINALLY communicating with its users about this issue, rather than just having their mods endlessly bleat "report them using the abuse reporting function" like mindless sheep.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Hm..why are the rs gold ads ALWAYS up at the top on this site? If google controls it why not tell them to place others ads there...

Google ads are a marketplace. Whichever company pays the most for their ads to appear, those are the ones that show up.

Since the gold farmers/sellers are making money off their activities, they can afford to pay the most for ads.

Don't criticize sites like Tip.it. They are giving up revenues to do the ethical thing and block those ads, like most good fan sites do.

~q

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Zybez do... :-w

Don't name names.....

Heehee Zybez :shame:

when i was i little noob and didnt know much, i toured the fan sites to see which one id pick, it was odviosly this one! But when i went to zybez i saw them, :x

Anyway, they support Sweatshops? The Zybez-Sweatshop Conspiricy. Ooh, that could be a tv show!

gazzy.jpg

Are you sick and tired of people telling you what to put in your sig? So am I. No, don't put this in your sig, you'll be doing what THEY want!

Has anyone noticed, 2 weeks ago, that the min lvl to get on the WC hiscores dropped to 59?

Since then, i think it's gone back up, last i checked.

I'll check again.....

Oh, wait, it dropped back to 59 again. But just barely.

Jesus, this is getting bad. I have no will, anymore, to try to WC yews, until Jagex can free the yews from the macros and chinese boys.

Also, keep an eye out by the Crafting guild. I've noticed a lot of people there that have some...ah...chinese names hanging around, that aren't talking to me or trading.

For example, does chengchao sound chinese or korean?

OOH! I KNOW!

Let's have a day where those positively ID'd by Jagex as a botter or a RW item trader have an (attack botter or RW trader name here) option!!!

I want some awesome drops!

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

Note: See a bad ad post here please: Report bad ad's here !

BTW: The Runescape rules are strictly enforced on Tip It forums.

Tip It has nothing to fear about being a so called corrupted fan site,

We all know Tip is one of the good fan sites \'

queenvalerie.png

hmm, seems to me like all alot of you guys are doing is complaining at people who are trying their hardest against overwhelming odds.

tipit's adds may be strongly based around these illegal sites. but like others have said, for every rs gold site that they remove, a further 10 website adds pop up.

google cannot stop it as they are only providing a place for the sites to advertise on, no responsibility there.

jagex ban 8000 a week, and thats a substantial amount. however, the 6bill gp clearly shows why these companies are massing, with little care for the banning->

lets say its $7:00 per mil (what the adds say). now 6 thousand million is $42000 (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã21000 for us brits).

imagine that, 42 thousand dollars from getting a 100 or so underpayed workers to use computers in a week.

perhaps what jagex need is a whole office devoted to anti gold farming...

overall, i say well done to jagex for admitting their problem that has been on a rapid increase lately. its a shame that no matter how hard they try, and whatever they do, there is still so many of you who want to push em harder.

phaper.png

killing off the TET, one newb at a time :^_^:

latestsig-1.png

im cutting back on rs now due to rl issues (college), my sig stats havent been updated in a while...

I sure hope Jagex doesn't blame tip.it for the occasional RW item trading ad that comes across the banner from google... I recall 6 months ago seeing one of those ads on runescape.com :shame: . I have a pic to prove it if you don't believe me.

I think Jagex did a great thing with that news post..... it will help the community!

I think it is tip.it's, and for that matter jagex'es repsonsiblity to take offencive action against the ads, not just defensive. It's all very well saying "we remove adverts when google put them here" but surly google should have the fasilities to not put ads of a certain type on.

Gold sellers are not just breaking the rules, they are infact breaking the law! Google should not allow ad's like this to be hosted by them.

sig2webzx7.jpg

I sure hope Jagex doesn't blame tip.it for the occasional RW item trading ad that comes across the banner from google... I recall 6 months ago seeing one of those ads on runescape.com :shame: . I have a pic to prove it if you don't believe me.

I doubt they will be after sites like this one.

There are several well-known sites that do more than just run the occasional ad.. they are entirely devoted to cheating. If Jagex hasn't shut them down yet, I have to wonder why. Perhaps they cannot.

~q

signew2.png

i for one think this is absolutely hilarious that runescape gold is important enough to people that there is a justified need for sweatshops...that's hilarious...but as a skill player i dont like sharing yews or the dock...but still atleast now i can laugh during the extra time it takes me to get a full load of yews.

Oh yeah If you want to put an end to GP farmers put this in your sig!

As an honest player from China, I find your pic quite offensive. :shame:

I concur.

Though if anyone wants to know how gold farmers operate, watch this if you're interested.

Also to note I have now seen 99 range autoers, with even one in the top 200..

Firestarter.jpeg

While I think that this update is a positive one, I don't think that the reaction will be positive to the people that are forced to work in these kinds of conditions for several weeks. I believe it'll foster in a new era of hatred and detest for those players with Chinese or Korean backgrounds.

So if you're going to insult someone, insult Google for even thinking about putting those ads up. Since Google does it, no other fansite has real control over it.

(I'm American, btw. I just happen to have friends from those areas...)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Note: See a bad ad post here please: Report bad ad's here !

BTW: The Runescape rules are strictly enforced on Tip It forums.

Tip It has nothing to fear about being a so called corrupted fan site,

We all know Tip is one of the good fan sites \'

No it's not, you're just part of the conspiracy :lol:

J/k.

Seriously, I think Tip does enough to prevent illegal stuff. Tip supports Jagex' rules and tries to enforce them the best they can. What more can Jagex want? An occasional bad ad can slip through, these things happen.

Woot. I sent a complaint about this very thing and they acted on it! \'

Of course it wasn't mine alone, if it was at all, but still! There should be a huge crackdown on macroers and farmers, maybe sharks will go back up to 1k apiece?

Still alive, still alive.