1 May 2007 - Bots and real-world trading

jessy87

Am I the only one who thinks that this is the most hilarious thing Jagex has ever written? :D

I think it is one of the pointless things they've ever written

Not to me, I like to know what's going on. And seeing most people are complaining how jagex does nothing against macroes, etc. This shows how wrong they are. There are just too much of them. Personal I'm pretty glad they wrote this.

But I wondered one thing; can anyone name a medium-large fansite/forum which doesn't have such adds? I see them everywhere.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks that this is the most hilarious thing Jagex has ever written? :D

I could not agree more :lol: :lol:

Also they write this..

"The number of honest players still far, far outweighs the tiny minority causing trouble. Now weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re on the case you can be sure weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll have this sorted out asap."

Small problem?? I don't think so.. EVERY willow/yew you go to on f2p there are about 10 autoers.. Don't think thats a small problem

They also say ("Now weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re on the case you can be sure weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll have this sorted out ") This problem has been going on for months, They just found out now thats its a problem??..

O well :oops:

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

Not to me, I like to know what's going on. And seeing most people are complaining how jagex does nothing against macroes, etc. This shows how wrong they are. There are just too much of them. Personal I'm pretty glad they wrote this.

But I wondered one thing; can anyone name a medium-large fansite/forum which doesn't have such adds? I see them everywhere.

i never noticed them on tip.it axe man jack is probably correct, if you cant control the ads and some other site throws them onto your free forums for RS based clans,communities or just board for friends. those ad's cannot be controlled by the "owner" or person whom may maintain it. so really, jagex should sue google.

I think it is one of the stupidest things JAGeX ever written...

I dont need a siggy no moar.

i never noticed them on tip.it axe man jack is probably correct, if you cant control the ads and some other site throws them onto your free forums for RS based clans,communities or just board for friends. those ad's cannot be controlled by the "owner" or person whom may maintain it. so really, jagex should sue google.

I have two right now. -.-

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

jagex should sue google.

What for..

Finally, we have noticed some 3rd party sites, which call themselves 'fansites', but then advertise black market trading sites. This will no longer be tolerated. By running such advertising these sites are directly supporting these gangs, and are thus causing the botting problems they then complain about! We don't consider sites that encourage our players to break the rules and endanger their own users to be 'fansites'. (i.e. They're advertising things to their users, which, if the advertising works, will serve to get their users banned!) We consider them cheat sites, and they will be treated accordingly. True fans of the game donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t encourage cheating! 

No offence to Tip.it but don't we have 'rs gold ads' on this site and forums.... :oops:

Unlike some other sites, we are banning them.

Although we can't 100% control it since Google puts those adds there, not Tip.It.

That's why we have a sticky where you can please those adds for them to be banned.

This will affect alot of clans who use invision free or other forums for their clans. The forum browses your topics and automatically puts ads on your pages to include rs gold sites. Nobody can stop that and the clan doesn't make money off of this. Its just what happens when people use free forums.

So what are we to do? close our clans forums down becasue we can't block the ads?

What about the for profit ads that Jagex push at us every time we log in?

Very curious to see what comes of this.

Oh yeah If you want to put an end to GP farmers put this in your sig!

Slay On,

Axe

I have two right now. -.-

strange how i do not get tip.it ads.

I see many people cutting Willow tree EVEN they've got 3lv combat (go to the woodland between Lumbridge and Draynor Village for a proof. Those Willows are very crowed :cry: ... I think they're cheating but I've got no way to report (as I cannot guarantee what the players log down those Willow trees for). As a result, the price for Willow logs and other stuff droped like a stone :!: . Jagex must stop this or the real players will be hurt.

For me, I just got my a/c two days ago and played for appox. 8 hours (I guess). I put focus on logging (as it is easy to perform). Still, I only got to Lv. 17 logging right now. However, it also proves that a noob can get enough level in an easy way and start cutting high level trees. Knowing that there are only several magic trees around the globe, if they are cut down by these guys, the honest ones can NEVER get what they want and need.

I hope that Jagex can implant a system to block the loophole. e.g. In order to cut a Willow tree, you need to get to Lv. 15 combat and perhaps own a iron axe MADE BY HIMSELF(so that a high level player cannot transfer these items to them to circumvent the system \' ), with the lv.30 woodcut you always need. This makes usage of disposable account difficult as one have to sacrifice a lot of stuff when being banned.

Currently taking a break from Runescape

jagex should sue google.

What for..

Finally, we have noticed some 3rd party sites, which call themselves 'fansites', but then advertise black market trading sites. This will no longer be tolerated. By running such advertising these sites are directly supporting these gangs, and are thus causing the botting problems they then complain about! We don't consider sites that encourage our players to break the rules and endanger their own users to be 'fansites'. (i.e. They're advertising things to their users, which, if the advertising works, will serve to get their users banned!) We consider them cheat sites, and they will be treated accordingly. True fans of the game donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t encourage cheating! 

You just quoted what Jagex said not really an answer but what ever.... Jagex has nothing to do with what ads google put on sites...

homerhc6.jpg

Respect- Oy_the_Great, Lode, Bubsa, Weezcake, Thrash111, Gloric, Vmser, Pianofrieak2, Runemetsa

Sigs Made By - Pink

You just quoted what Jagex said.. Jagex has nothing to do with what ads google put on sites...

their is a reason why i quoted axe man jack and kill life.

really the point is, google is 1 of the things that will just add random ad's to a banner script to allow for those "illegal" ad's for things like tip.it and invision free forums. so if jagex understood that google was doing adding those ad's to the banner list rotation then they should do something legally with google to remove them, basically sue them.

Hmmm, maybe it's because I'm dutch I still have them or something. But anyway, I give it a few more extra days before I complain they aren't removed.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Nothing hilarious here,pointless maybe.

To me it looks more like a cry for help (Is Jagex becoming desperate?).

As an honest player from China, I find your pic quite offensive. :shame:

Back on topic, if the gold farmers are real people who don't use bots, why does Jagex ask us to report them under rule 7? I hope they have enough staff to sort out the innocent skillers, who aren't part of such cheating gangs.

gold farmers don't break rule 7, they break rule 12. real money trading. selling runescape gold for real money.

As an honest player from China, I find your pic quite offensive. :shame:

Back on topic, if the gold farmers are real people who don't use bots, why does Jagex ask us to report them under rule 7? I hope they have enough staff to sort out the innocent skillers, who aren't part of such cheating gangs.

gold farmers don't break rule 7, they break rule 12. real money trading. selling runescape gold for real money.

i believe some do use autoing programs. either way, its still against the rules and dont matter... i think jagex says report under #7 because it might have a higher priority(might)

They say that they ban around 8000 accounts weekly for autoing, but it gives no estimation on how many they ban for breaking rule 12. Maybe because they're not having much success at catching them and are trying scare tactics?

gpfarmer.png

Maybe it's just me, but I find your statement and the sig conflict. You want an end to gp farmers, yet it says save them...?

I've been trying to tell you guys that chinese players in sweatshops are playing for money, but most of you thought I was making it up and being racist!! :lol:

I'm glad Jagex are aware of this growing problem. It's not just Runescape, but other MMORPGs like WoW have this problem to.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

We seized 6 billion in RuneScape gold by banning real-world traders last week!

6 billion? is that american, as in 6 thousand million, or european, as in 6 million million?

Good question, I'd like to see an answer for that.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

yesterday i think because i said to another player "if ya cant beat em mite as well make a few qwid"

later that day a yellow crown named paul said"hope you aint thinkin bout settin bots up tame"and for 30 mins we spoke about things to eradacate the prob i was informed that there will be updates very soon.i responded we have heard that before and if your doing somthing please keep the genuine rs population informed before they also turn gangster.

so its not a pointless piece writen by jagex its info for the population

my guess is a much longer yet more intresting tut island to at least slow down the making off new chars whilst jagex ban the bots already ingame

burrrppp

We seized 6 billion in RuneScape gold by banning real-world traders last week!

6 billion? is that american, as in 6 thousand million, or european, as in 6 million million? because, you know, while 6 thousand million gp seems like a truckload of money to a single player (it sure does to me), it is absolutely nothing on the overall scale of runescape's hyperinflated economy. and if jagex really ban 8,000 accounts a week, that makes for an average of less than 1 million gp per account, and even i have more in the bank than that.

as for the whole sweatshop issue: does anybody besides me remember "anda's game" by cory doctorow?

key word RUNESCAPE gold...

This could be a potential problem for some of the lvl 3 skillers that don't talk much lol.. Oh you're lvl 3 reported.. ya know how people are.. on the brightside atleast they are taking action so people will stop pissin and moaning about Raw materials

European billion is differend than American billion, and he did refer to RS gold, which goes under european standards, as Jagex is located at Britain, Europe.

reportbuttanerfb6.gifnewscape450x35fa3.gif

This situation really stinks, and can't be fixed with methods suggested like combat levels or other skill requirements without making drastic changes to the game.

I hope jagex get some great ideas.

- My skills are now really, really lame ! Time to fix that! -

Why do you never see the official RS site as a google ad - I wonder how much it would cost Jagex to usurp the "bad ads" on google by buying keywords themselves - or maybe trademark violation would be another way to address it?

Also, the average player doesn't care that much about autos (and farmers) being there, more about the damage they do, particularly hogging resources such as Yews and buying out runes - honest merchants doing it is bad enough, but they don't buy every last chaos and death the moment it appears!