RuneScpae Gold advertising

Today a new post regarding rule 7 and 12

I copied a small piece of text.

This brings us to the last point. HOW YOU CAN HELP! You can help us by:

Using the in-game 'report abuse' facility to tell us about players you see breaking rule 7. Of course we're not going to ban anyone just on the basis of a player report and will always thoroughly check them ourselves, too - but such reports still help us know who we should be checking up on.

Boycott any corrupt 'fansites' which advertise RuneScape gold for sale. There are plenty of genuine fansites out there who don't support cheating in this way, and we fully support those sites. Use those ones instead. Also, don't advertise, link to, or talk about any of these corrupt fansites. Obviously, if they stop supporting cheating, you can start using them again.

Under absolutely no circumstances buy RuneScape gold/items for real money! Doing so causes this whole problem, and we'll ban you if we catch you doing it.

* (source: http://www.runescape.com )

As you can we are asked to boycott any sites that advertise RuneScape Money, so that includes Tip.it. Remove your advertisement for Runscape gold so you will be a genuine site again.

Tip.it does a very decent job of removing any RS gold-buying ads from their rotation. I've been refreshing a bit since that news post and haven't seen any yet. Zybez, RuneHQ, RuneHead, RuneVillage, and nearly every google result has mass amounts of RuneScape gold ads. Jagex might as well have just come out and said "tip.it is the only fansite that's legit", cause it seems like tip.it is the only one that isn't covered with them.

Check out

RuneScript and RuneTracker!

sig37.gif

Ok that's very good, but I click on tip it now and the first advertisement is about runescape gold, so what ur saying it's not totally true. I just mean it would be very sad, because it's a good site with good information.

Ok that's very good, but I click on tip it now and the first advertisement is about runescape gold, so what ur saying it's not totally true. I just mean it would be very sad, because it's a good site with good information.
Report the advert by using the contact form on tipit. You will need the name and url of the offending ad.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Already send an email about that advertisement, but thanks for the tip tho ;)

You can always send e-mail, but the correct place for reporting bad ads is the sticky found in Website Discussion forum

Link to the sticky

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

Jagex might as well have just come out and said "tip.it is the only fansite that's legit", cause it seems like tip.it is the only one that isn't covered with them.
*sniff*

But i'd have to agree, tip.it does a rather decent job at removing those ads when they're reported... it was rather slow in the past, but the last few months have been better :)

A whitelist is better than a blacklist however, this is something that Google lacks.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Tip.it has chosen Google as our advertisement provider. So basically, Tip.it decides, "Okay, we'll have advertisements in this spot here." Then Google searches for other sites that relate to our website and advertise them for us. So we do not exactly pick what advertisements you see. Up front, we cannot instantaneously block any and all advertisements that are advertising sites selling Runescape gold - that's not how it works. But we have staff members who spend a lot of time blocking 'bad advertisements' including the ones that are for websites that sell Runescape-gold. Once you report the bad ads here, they can be blocked if you fill out the information we need.

There's a big difference between a fansite who who says this on their homepage: "Thanks for coming to our website! I would also recommend that you visit and buy some gold!" ..and a website that has Google advertisements that select those advertisements for them. But we strive to stop it by having staff members who block those advertisements for us. So yes, we are certainly taking action against this :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Tip.it has chosen Google as our advertisement provider. So basically, Tip.it decides, "Okay, we'll have advertisements in this spot here." Then Google searches for other sites that relate to our website and advertise them for us. So we do not exactly pick what advertisements you see. Up front, we cannot instantaneously block any and all advertisements that are advertising sites selling Runescape gold - that's not how it works. But we have staff members who spend a lot of time blocking 'bad advertisements' including the ones that are for websites that sell Runescape-gold. Once you report the bad ads here, they can be blocked if you fill out the information we need.

There's a big difference between a fansite who who says this on their homepage: "Thanks for coming to our website! I would also recommend that you visit and buy some gold!" ..and a website that has Google advertisements that select those advertisements for them. But we strive to stop it by having staff members who block those advertisements for us. So yes, we are certainly taking action against this :)

I would like to see more staff created for this purpose as this really concerns me that I can find any links on Tip.It that go to RS god selling sites, has Tip.it considered advertising solutions other than Google. Adbrite is a good alternative.

I would like to see more staff created for this purpose as this really concerns me that I can find any links on Tip.It that go to RS god selling sites, has Tip.it considered advertising solutions other than Google. Adbrite is a good alternative.

There's only so much tip it can do. Creating more staff positions just to stop rs-gp-selling sites is completely superfluous. They're quick enough to remove them within a reasonable time. You don't really need to be "concerned" about anything - maybe the way google handles the ads they use, but come on. If something like this concerns you, you have a pretty narrow perspective on the world. It's OK. Tip it does the best they can. Ads will slip through, and staff will remove them when they get the chance. No reason to get all worried.

Today another one of RS gold, this time the cheapest one :D

Can't you demand to Google to stop it. Or can't you only allow ads about RS that are allowed.

It is annoying to see that a fansite is advertising to gamespoilers

StGerolf.png

Today another one of RS gold, this time the cheapest one :D

Can't you demand to Google to stop it. Or can't you only allow ads about RS that are allowed.

It is annoying to see that a fansite is advertising to gamespoilers

There is nothing tipit can do except more to a different provider. Google does not allow pre approval of advertisements and works purely on a blacklist basis.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

• 4 weeks later...
If I were you don't post these topics. Jagex moderator's also look at this forum, and if they see you trying to buy RuneScape gold. Your banned. I suggest you re-read the news update Jagex put up; about this topic. ;)

Is anyone here trying to buy runescape gold? Don't worry so much. Even if they saw someone here trying to buy runescape gold they wouldn't immediately ban him/her, because they couldn't be sure the forum name and runescape name were of the same person or a frame.

Not sure, but someone posted this topic which is breaking the rules.

How is this topic breaking the rules? :-s It's discussing a problem, not advertising it. :?

Not sure, but someone posted this topic which is breaking the rules.

How is this topic breaking the rules? :-s It's discussing a problem, not advertising it. :?

Don't worry about it, runescape599 advertises forums which impersonate official forums, they have users like "Mod Zack", "Mod Ian" and others registered there, they act like Jagex mods as well, I mean if you write a topic asking them why they imitate official forums they will edit you post, write "The contents of this message has been hidden" and then reply with something like : "We will have to ban your account and take legal action."

Err... Those people make my blood boil.

So if I was him, I wouldn't bother pointing at things such as inappropriate ads and rule breaking. Oh, he is about 11-12 years old as well, that may sum it up.

If I were you don't post these topics. Jagex moderator's also look at this forum, and if they see you trying to buy RuneScape gold. Your banned. I suggest you re-read the news update Jagex put up; about this topic. ;)

Don't talk about this ever again. Get a clue, and read the posts made before yours.

Until then, shut up. You have no idea what is going on in this topic, and I doubt you ever will. Not only that, but your grammer is atrocious at best.

Moron.

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png