CTET rant/suggestion/ideas/etc

Ts_Stormrage

Time for some constructive criticism.

First off, I'd like to apologize in advance for anyone that gets offended with this post, but I have posted some ideas to people, so far with little result. I decided to go public with these ideas to get some support for them and get them implemented(power of many), because a PM to someone with them generally doesnt seem to work.

The thing I'll discuss are supposed to be helpfull. If CTET is meant to put new life in the Clan Section of tipit, then they better do things properly before clans actually start to come here... IF clans actually start to come here...

The very first thing I'd like to suggest is a large meeting. The lot of CTET should be there, as well as the Clan Leaders with their entourage. This means that (in my case) I'd bring myself and my officers (all 4 of them).

The goal of this meeting would be to have CTET hear what clans would like to see, and more-over what CTET requires from the clans to make this thing a success. We ARE willing to help, but there are limits to our cooperation :)

Some topics of conversation would be the time of the events (not everyone can make 8pm GMT), the type of events, and anything else that people can come up with.

At the same time Clan leaders can meet eachother and discuss any inter-clan things.

I suggest the top floor of Keldagrims massive palace for this, if everyone can come p2p.

Another thing I'd like to point out is the clans that sign up to participate in an event, that pull out hours or mere minutes before the start. I know I did this myself once, but we couldnt comply witht he rules at the time.

For this I suggest an entry fee for clans (fixed ammount per member for total clan size), as well as a rule where they have to cancel atleast 24 hours in advance, or their fee gets put in the CTET funds. This should ensure the participation to some extend of the clans, and CTET can then plan accordingly.

The events itself should be clan-based. 1 team vs 1 team events can be fun, but they dont show off the cunning of a single clan. Obviously mixing them up like the 4 Tower Event is a good way to get to know eachother, but in the midst of battle, theres other things to do then to have a chat...

The bronze war was a good try. With more sides, it would be a lot more fun as you never know who you'll meet in battle, it also opens up a lot more options in defeating certain people as you can bribe and scheme yourself into neat little pacts...

It comes down to organization as well. Some of the CTET people are more skilled with this then others, especially with aspects like conveying what the goal of an event is, troubleshooting, and general flexibility.

Just browse the ctet boards and you can see where things tend to go wrong. This could use some improvement.

The last thing I wish to post about is the idea some people had of making some sort of Conclave for clans. I've had this idea rolling around and bounced it off of several people already, but none of them seemed to care enough to help me push this idea through.

This conclave of clans would funtion similar to the EU or UN, member clans that work together for a common goal. Ofcourse, tipit would have to remain neutral in these affairs, as any other fansite wouldn't pick a side.

How it would be ruled would depend completely on what the clans involved can agree to. It could be with certain permanent members (aka founders), and some (a lot) of the other clans also being a member, but perhaps not permanently. These things can be worked out over time, but most importantly, it's not going to determine how you run your clan.

Instead, it's going to provide you a place to settle disputes between clans. Maybe up to the point where it can provide some neutral observers in a war, them determining who wins, and keeping an eye out for cheaters or pact breakers. Or take it to the next level, and have 2 clans stake eachother with the neutral observers, winner takes all.

Another thing that would make clans want to join it, is to set up a small junior clan for it. It'd be like a school, with all the members providing teachers, who will make sure that the "graduates" are ready to join any clan in this conclave thing.

That was all for now. Hope it was wortht he read.

PS: I'd also like to take this opportunity to STRONGLY REQUEST to have the CTET events moved back 1 hour (21:00 GMT). Its much more convinient for both Central Europe (22:00) and Australia (7:00).

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most things but the time thing is great for me 20:00 GMT is great for me because at 21:00 GMT (yes im british) i have to go for various reasons.

The other thing is , i dont like the idea of paying that would a. ctet funds how u mean runescape funds for the leaders to spend. you cant exactly hire the wildeness for 30mins b. depending on how big the clan thats not fair because you could pay then a member drops out and you would still pay the full amount especialy if u have to pay up front.

As for a group meeting it should be ctet leaders and members who come regularly to events. Its hardly good if a person comes whos never been event before but came because clan leader has told him too. Also they should have a written list of who came to events so they can post appropitly on the aftermath and so they are know to have come to event so they can go in the council.

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

I totally agree. But the time should be more general for all the people in the world. And if this idea gets used it will have to be announced a long time before it happens so we can get as much people as possible coming.

j0xPu5R.png

Personaly I would like to see such an event take place. the time is fine for me... moveing it back one hour would take some getting used too. however I do propose that if the CTET did such an event it be held one hour earlyer than the normal events so as not to interfear with the scheduel.

I think one week is ample time for a announcement about such a meeting. however I strongly urge it to be on a free world, as I myself am F2P. and so are alot of clan leaders our their.

about the entry fee: I don't think thats a very good idea, alot of clans are quite poor. maby a 3 strike system instead. the first being a warning, the second a 2-4 week suspensen for the clan from perpicipating in events and the 3rd being banned from them. this would prevent clans from simply pulling out at the last miniute. however thats not reely fair either, I myself have great trouble at times getting to these events on time due to real life stuff.

I definintly agree with you about the teem based events, this multible teem nonsense needs to stop and fast. Clans prefer to be in their uniform for one and we probaly won't be getting the bigger and better ones very interested if it always comes down to being paird up with some other clan.

about this conclave: its going to take alot of work for it to be properly develped. but I may be willing to brain storm with you some time if you made a new topic about it. let the TipIt community develp this says I. of course we would need admin aproval before we could even make a topic for this and the whole develpment phase would probaly be under TipIt Controll to ensure quality.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Because of no interesting events, no advertising etc, the CTET is redundant. Just scrap it. You can spark debate in other ways.

No no no thats not what we should do ctet has brought about frendships and clans as well as making people aware of tip it for example on snday numerous people were asking who we are.

p.s Shame you couldnt make it to the ctet on sunday but you would of owned the lower levels. Hope to see you next time

2880_s.gif

Ts_Stormrage, I'm loving ur ideas even more.

I'm probably one of the people who "didn't care enough to help" with the UN idea, but that's actually the opposite of what I think. I just don't have enough time to work this out with u, no matter how much I want it to happen. If Tip.It staff can create a board for clan leaders to discuss important clan-related issues, then have them do it.

Now for CTET. Because CTET is new & it evolved from TET, some of the TET ethics are probably incorporated into CTET. CTET leaders need to remember that it is Clan TET, not TET. So maybe shake off some of the TET traditions in CTET & replace them with ways that make CTET truly for clans. I'm not saying CTET should ban all players who aren't in a clan from attending (which is very wrong), but that is just an example. LadySarafina did post a thread regarding the CTET Winning Clans. I like that idea.

If any of my above information about CTET is incorrect, just say so.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

LadySarafina did post a thread regarding the CTET Winning Clans. I like that idea.

Did you not realise that it is his clan that has won the events Tal_shiar

2880_s.gif

LadySarafina did post a thread regarding the CTET Winning Clans. I like that idea.

Did you not realise that it is his clan that has won the events Tal_shiar

Oh, he knows all too well that all clanbased events we participated, were the ones we won...

However, on the recruitment boards I'm supposed to profile my clan, put it in the spotlight... I much rather do that here, if at all...

Back on topic:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I'm also glad that people take this as some constructive criticism, instead of a flame.

As for the Conclave/UN/EU thingymajigger, I'd like to be there every step of the way during its development, but a serious clan gathering should take place first. It is also a perfect opportunity for CTET to pay a role in it, although it could cause some problems, because tipit-affiliated people have to remain neutral in clan affairs (or atleast I presume that).

Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

i dont understand by what you mean by concave

2880_s.gif

A Conclave is an enclosed meeting, not for outsiders.

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
CLICK IT!

ok thanks for clearing that up

2880_s.gif

Clan leaders meeting at an appropriate time sounds good, where they can discuss future developments.

But, how many leaders should attend, and what happens if a new clan wishes to take part in a CTET event, i mean it shouldn't be closed.

Also the entry fee seems harsh as it may cause problems among poorer clans (who pays for it?). Dont want to poke holes in the idea's, but if you know how this works please explain as the idea will be stronger for it.

Also i feel that the team idea is to try and even things out amongst smaller to larger clans. This is quite important in events with rewards.

Secondly the team idea i think is to squash some of the competitiveness that is bound to take place in clan events. If you are placed in the same team as someone there is a good chance that you should get on with eachother even if you were fighting against them last week. The only reason any dis-agreement has taken place is due to unfair play (but lets not go there). Admittedly it can disrupt a clans tactics, but these events are for fun.

I feel like the devils advocate

• 2 weeks later...
Because of no interesting events, no advertising etc, the CTET is redundant. Just scrap it. You can spark debate in other ways.

I agree, it didn't go the way it was supposed too. Partly because of zero advertising to actual big clans, lack of events that are for clans (like competitions and multi-wars), most of the events being to TET like and holding no real value, unprofessional posting of events, poor aftermath threads, majority of members don't have any proper clan experience (as in come from skilling clans based around this community and not big war clans).

CTET may as well just close it's doors until it is ready to open for clans not just as another TET.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Thanks for your imput every one, as advisor to the CTET I am trying to resolve many of these issues you have with it.

However these things do not happen over night and I cannot gurintee sucess in resolveing these things.

Please keep up your constructive Critisisim, It is helping at least a little.

Thanks for your imput every one, as advisor to the CTET I am trying to resolve many of these issues you have with it.

However these things do not happen over night and I cannot gurintee sucess in resolveing these things.

Please keep up your constructive Critisisim, It is helping at least a little.

Many of the issues can't be solved without starting the whole thing up again, which includes recruiting people who are actually from clans who could help.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

To TS's first post:

Meetings in RS do not work. The time will have to suit everyone, it can be crashed, etc. Important discussions should take place on the forum; that way, it can be moderated, everyone can speak freely, as it's not instant more people can post and leave messages at different times, etc. Anything that has to be said about the running of the CTET can be done so on these forums.

I agree that the events should be looked at. Currently, the events just seem to be on a large scale. There is nothing Clan-ish about them. They, instead, should be shaped for Clans.

The Conclave idea sounds good - if we get the basics right first. It is vital that the CTET needs to be up and running, and there needs to be a sufficient amount of people willing to support it. A Conclave must only be founded after said stipulations. Thus, it cannot be created until sometime in the future.

No no no thats not what we should do ctet has brought about frendships and clans as well as making people aware of tip it for example on snday numerous people were asking who we are.

If a big enough group stand anywhere, people are curious. But that's not to say the group is a big success. It may have brought about friendships between a few Clans, but it's turning away the larger, older, more well-known Clans that Tip.It needs.

CTET leaders need to remember that it is Clan TET, not TET.

Exactly. We don't need bigger versions of TET events. We need events for Clans.

Satenza has hit the nail on the head. I discussed with Staff and we agreed a very clear list of active forum users who should have been in the CTET long before any applications took place. But none of them have been selected.

The message is simple: scrap it and start again. And this time, do it properly.

Offline and unavailable.

To Satenza:

Many of the people in CTET are from clans.

To Loge: scraping it would result in the loss of personell that have now gained experionce. their was a meeting yesterday between myself, sevrall members of the CTET, and TS Stormrage. I feel the meeting at least got a few things addressed.

about this meeting between CTET Leaders and Clan Leaders: I feel a private sub-forum on the CTET Events board may work best. this way we can talk about anything reguarding the CTET In private between the CTET Leaders, Myself, Key admins if they wish, and Clan leaders.

I feel this idea has merit and I might suggest it to my supperiors.

now I admit Loge mentiond something like this first but I have been thinking about this for quite some time.

about these members you suggested loge: Please send me a pm about all of this and Ill try to launch an investigation as to what exactly happend and why none of these people are now in the CTET.

I am your Clan Moderator after all, if you have problems with whats going on in the Clan Boards then you should come to me. now Im not sure if Im supposed to openly say this or not: But I am the advisor to the CTET. at this point I don't think it can reely hurt to tell you this. so then if you have problems with the CTET and don't feel they can be properly addressed via the current boards then please feel free to start a dialouge with me. If I feel its worthy of mention Ill be sure to pass it on to the leaders.

Thank you all for your constructive Critisisim and staying Civil about this. I know the CTET Has not been going as smoothly as many of us may like but I do not feel scraping it is the answer.

To Satenza:

It's not enough just to be in a Clan. You have to be from the right Clan background with experience and contacts. If any of the current CTET members have this experience, then they're hiding it quite well.

To Loge: scraping it would result in the loss of personell that have now gained experionce.

I'm sure they'll recover. The experience they have gained can be easily usurped by the experience of those who should have been in it.

Offline and unavailable.

I am still waiting on that PM loge, and rest assured I am doing every thing in my power to try and make the CTET Better and to people's likeing.

the CTET members do have experionce in clans, to name a CTET Leader take Mario Sunny for example. or how about Wild Goat? He is Leader Of G.E.S.

or how about myself? I am leader of Militos Deci.

you know sevrall CTET Members are from Tal Shiar so unless Tal Shiar is a 3rd rate clan that no one wants to be in I think they do have experionce. Further more I don't think the CTET ever gets any credit for what they are doing right, only the blaim for when things go wrong.

I belive I will leave it at that for now, when I heer from my supperiors I may be better prepared to bring you some more information.

If you ask me ctet was the a great idea as it time that mainly suit all plus its diffrent take on things just because you dont like something doesnt mean you should take it out on all the people who do the hard work

2880_s.gif

To Satenza:

Not from the right clans, keep in mind i helped sift through the applications, about 2 people i approved and even they were questionable. CTET's purpose was supposed to bring back the clans to the forums, it does not appeal to these clans so it has already failed.

Loge started this and it was his project, and i think listening to what he aimed for would be a lot more benificial than talking to these key admins and CTET leaders.

No disrespect when you say these people have clan experience, but clans like GES don't help us here at all. How does a skilling clan that requires you to be a member of the tipit forums already to join bring new people in? Not to mention it's not the right people anyway. The aim was to bring back the clans. Clans that are big, and that have influence. Not clans I have never heard of, or clans like GES that are not influential or capable of bringing people here.

I mean, I discussed this with some of the admins and tet leaders awhile ago both before and after CTET came out (after my departure from TET) when i saw that it wasn't right at all. I continually said that you need a special breed of people to do this (like Oergg if he were still around these forums or Das) and those people needed some sort of way of getting big clans interested. TET events don't interest clans. For example, events for CTET should be on going, like tournaments not hunting 10 people down in the wild and blowing 2 Million gp on it.

If you don't scrap CTET and start again then you have to scrap it's orginal purpose. And without it's orginal purpose it becomes an amateurish version of TET, with little effort put in (or thats what some of the events and posts seem to show). You have to scrap it and start again, there is no other solution.

Signature3.gif

Alright I respect your oppinion. can no one find anything at all they like about the CTET?

does no one belive this can be made right in time and the CTET Learn how to better please the Clan Community without scraping and Starting over?

I meen if it where decided to be nessecery to scrap it I would be the one undoubtably to rebuild the whole thing. and if this Happens I most certainly want Absolute controll in its construction so we don't repeat the same mistakes.

However I think we should give this all anouther chanch, even now I am working with the Administration and CTET leaders to Create a CTET Leader- Clan Leader communications system of some sort as TS Stormrage said we needed.