The closest ____ to bank list.

malo2

Nearest Rune Supplies to Bank : Yanille bank and Mage Guild

Isn't the rune shop at pc outpost closer? What about mage arena? (lv 55 wild)

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've checked the Kbase, tip it, and runehq :ohnoes:

They all say that she tans suqah hides and has a crafting shop. I'm not sure though...i'm pretty sure she doesn't, as i've talked to her before and never seen a tan option.

i started to wonder how far from bank cw and edge teles are... first time i tried both gave 9 spaces, but obviously that was nearly the furthest point from bank emerald ring teles you to, average is obviously better for cw bank but still

You cannot tan hides on Lunar Island. The closest tanner (to a bank) is a toss up between Canafis (closer, but 2x price), or Al Kharid (20 gp).

An even better tanning method:[hide]Though, tanning is fastest with skills necklaces teles to Crafting guild (tanner is upstairs, charges 20 gp per dhide), and then a cw tele to bank. You can disagree, but it is freaking incredible. Any crafter worth their salt should already have plenty of dstones they can spare to make a dozen or two necklaces. Overall, I can do about 3-4k hides per hour. (More if I click perfectly)[/hide]

Also, I have an issue with the "vial supply" one. The farming shop in Catherby is about as far as the general store in Shilo from a bank. However the latter actually sells vials (filled and empty) that do not require emptying and refilling (like the plant cure vials in Catherby).

Someone asked about Monsters with Big Bones near to a bank... perhaps ogres outside of CW.

Also add:

Ship Charter: Catherby

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

The closet iron mine is just south of the fishing colony at Piscatoris. Also with the new Lunar spells its easy to fill vials, with 26 spots for vials if you use a elemental staff, you can easily fill hundreds of vials per hour.

You cannot tan hides on Lunar Island. The closest tanner (to a bank) is a toss up between Canafis (closer, but 2x price), or Al Kharid (20 gp).

An even better tanning method:[hide]Though, tanning is fastest with skills necklaces teles to Crafting guild (tanner is upstairs, charges 20 gp per dhide), and then a cw tele to bank. You can disagree, but it is freaking incredible. Any crafter worth their salt should already have plenty of dstones they can spare to make 2 dozen necklaces. Overall, I can do about 3-4k hides per hour. (More if I click perfectly)[/hide]

Also, I have an issue with the "vial supply" one. The farming shop in Catherby is about as far as the general store in Shilo from a bank. However the latter actually sells vials (filled and empty) that do not require emptying and refilling (like the plant cure vials in Catherby).

Someone asked about Monsters with Big Bones near to a bank... perhaps trolls outside of CW.

Also add:

it may be a better tanning method, but thats completely irrelevant to this list. Also, shilo may have actual empty and water filled vials, but their supply is sad, catherby has much better supply, and you can just empty them on the way to the bank.

The closet iron mine is just south of the fishing colony at Piscatoris. Also with the new Lunar spells its easy to fill vials, with 26 spots for vials if you use a elemental staff, you can easily fill hundreds of vials per hour.

Agreed - I did about 400 in under 10 mins. However, the Catherby method requires emptying the vials first, making it a slower than buying waterfilled vials outright.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

An even better tanning method:[hide]Though, tanning is fastest with skills necklaces teles to Crafting guild (tanner is upstairs, charges 20 gp per dhide), and then a cw tele to bank. You can disagree, but it is freaking incredible. Any crafter worth their salt should already have plenty of dstones they can spare to make 2 dozen necklaces. Overall, I can do about 3-4k hides per hour. (More if I click perfectly)[/hide]

Someone asked about Monsters with Big Bones near to a bank... perhaps trolls outside of CW.

Also add:

it may be a better tanning method, but thats completely irrelevant to this list. Also, shilo may have actual empty and water filled vials, but their supply is sad, catherby has much better supply, and you can just empty them on the way to the bank.

That's why I made it hidden. For those interested, they can check it out. My initial (and subsequent comments) were on topic and completely relevant.

Feel free to do whatever method works for you, but ultimately the closest are still in Shilo distance-wise.

ok where are the trolls by cw? do you mean ogres?

Yes, my bad. The ones a bit east and north of cw (across the two bridges). I'm sure there's something a bit closer, but those are the first that come to mind.

Agreed - I did about 400 in under 10 mins. However, the Catherby method requires emptying the vials first, making it a slower than buying waterfilled vials outright.

Lunar spells come in again, 13 buckets of sand and 13 seaweed make 19 molten glass, easy crafting exp and easy to fill vials.

Lunar spells come in again, 13 buckets of sand and 13 seaweed make 19 molten glass, easy crafting exp and easy to fill vials.

Yes, I agree (I have over 4.5k glass from that beautiful spell), however the question is still about things closest to a bank. (Which I still feel is shilo.) Undoubtedly the easiest way to get vials (and get exp for it) is to do the method you described. (Also, I find I get between 13-21 glass for each time I do the spell)

The whole point of knowing what is closest to bank has more to do with reducing time than knowing the actual shortest (virtual) physical distance, so having to empty vials reduces the value of buying vials with stuff in them.

Of course, if you do the mort'ton temple building thing for crafting xp, and also do the sacred oils for making pyre logs to burn shade remains and get tons of phat lewts, you already get lots of free vials as a side effect of the process, so you don't have to buy vials, full or empty, at all...you just fill the empties you get along the way.

And of course if you *use* a lot of the potions you make (I use loads of super energy regularly as I am impatient, and quite a few combat potions and super sets), you also have a ready-made stock of empties that you can just fill.

And if you're a packrat you can pick up the vials that other people leave lying around everywhere.

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!

We're talkin on terms of speed here with tanners, so its canifis.

Thehate, i'd imagine CW would still be better also because of that 1 click bank, shaving off a second or too instead of fidling through names.

Now start a new topic...closest_______to teleport

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

The whole point of knowing what is closest to bank has more to do with reducing time than knowing the actual shortest (virtual) physical distance, so having to empty vials reduces the value of buying vials with stuff in them.

You've said it better than I could. Suz_Vega, just try that lunar spell humidfy and good grief you'll be out of empty vials so quickly, you may just try that Catherby method. Don't say I didn't warn you. :) :lol:

Now start a new topic...closest_______to teleport

Not needed at all. Another section to list these can be stated in the first post as well.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

i can confirm that there is no tanner in lunar island, just there to check. Perhaps the person who thought that was colorblind because the clothing store has the same icon but is green insted of that brownish color and that is right next to the bank. Closest tanner to bank is still Canifis.

off topic- to those that have been using the skills jewlry to get to crafting guild to tan hides- has anyone tried doing similur with the rangers guild? that place also has a tanner.

LK1

this random comment brought to you today by ADD: ADD, bringing random entertainment to all for generations

i can confirm that there is no tanner in lunar island, just there to check. Perhaps the person who thought that was colorblind because the clothing store has the same icon but is green insted of that brownish color and that is right next to the bank. Closest tanner to bank is still Canifis.

off topic- to those that have been using the skills jewlry to get to crafting guild to tan hides- has anyone tried doing similur with the rangers guild? that place also has a tanner.

LK1

The range guild jewelry tele would be the bracelet of combat (d stone bracelet) - gives four charges - recharges at Legends guild totem.

However, this method requires a boring and lengthy chat with the tanner before he gives up the goods... (even if he didn't require that, it'd still be a little further to him -- even with the stairs from the craft guild considered.) Really, it's the chat that takes the fun out of that method.

However, thanks for the heads up LK - I never knew about the range guild tanner there... Clearly Jagex wants to give us more (abiet mediocre) methods of raising that elusive crafting skill...

Nice list. :)

I never knew the closest tanner was on lunar isle. :o

read the rest of the posts - several people have confirmed there is not a tanner there. (only the one who tans susqah hides in quest)

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the Trouble Brewing rum teleport puts you closer to the deposit box than either the C-wars or edgey tellys, plus the rum is a one-click telly...

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg