Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

I finally beat TTFAF on hard! Ok, I got 77% notes hit and an average of x1.000 multiplier, but I did it! :thumbsup:

I still can't beat Lou or Take This Life on hard, I'm also stuck on KoC and Before I Forget on expert :(

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only managed to obtain a few new scores since my last post...but one of them got me my very first 1st place on PS2!

[hide=Welcome to the Jungle, 361,130, 1st place PS2!]WelcometotheJungle--Expert100--3611.jpg

I missed an easy 200 in the 4th activation because I activated too early, but I still managed to get this score which put me in 1st place for PS2 and 9th across all plats :D I'll go back for that missing 200 in future runs and hopefully grab some ticks while I'm at it.[/hide]

[hide=Cities on Flames, 256,894, optimal!]CitiesOnFlamewithRockRoll--Exper-1.jpg

Finally! Optimal! This is tied for 1st with about 25 other people across all plats.[/hide]

[hide=Holiday in Cambodia, 493,002, -2]HolidayinCambodia--Expert99--493002.jpg

I decided that just because I can't FC the intro doesn't mean I shouldn't play this song. So I was really surprised when I ended up with this score and a -2 run in the intro (along with about 3 overstrums). The only part that really gives me trouble now is the second-half of the intro with the red and yellow HOPO's and that stupid single orange strum. I'll get it one day....[/hide]

[hide=Same Old Song and Dance, 216,947]SameOldSongandDance--Expert100--216.jpg

I still don't know how this wasn't 217k+, but ah well, I gained 6k+ points by reduxing this and I will probably do it again.[/hide]

[hide=3's and 7's, 406,904]3sand7s--Expert100--406904.jpg

Not as good as I hoped, but nevertheless still a good score. I'll attempt to get 407k later when I can get the second activation down.[/hide]

I might as well post my score for Minus Celsius now before I forget.

MinusCelsius--Expert100--281273.jpg

I can't seem to get past 281,2xx, so this is probably my limit on this song for now until I figure out where I'm missing those other points.

Also on a side note, I played TTFAF for the first time in about a week and got 513k, 90k off from my high score. Goes to show you can't stay away from that song too long :x

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Today... I choked! It was very exciting (read: frustrating). The end.

Basically my weakest part in Cult of Personality is usually Solo!... today I FCed Solo! on all but one run, then missed in Start Soloing! in spots that I'm normally incredibly consistent on... So the only new thing for today was my one run of Closer, right before I had to go. I didn't really squeeze much at all, so I only improved my old score by 8 points... eventually I might actually try to go for real squeezing on it, but it's not that interesting of a song o.O

New score on Closer: 277,554 (omigosh still missing 20 points!)

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

Wow, this thread died o.O

I got a few DLC songs to work, so I reduxed them:

[hide=Surfing With The Alien]First run since my sightread of it... yippy

SurfingWithTheAlien-1.png[/hide]

[hide=For The Love Of God]I just plain can't improve on this... 2nd run of the day (haven't played since sightread)

ForTheLoveOfGod-1.png[/hide]

[hide=That Was Just Your Life]So evil... I overstrummed at the beginning of the most valuable SP phrase in the entire song >_> (or second most, I forget)... Had I not done so, I'd have tied for 1st if not taken 1st for myself....

ThatWasJustYourLife.png

Every play after that, I choked on the easiest part of the song... my strumming hand was tired >_>[/hide]

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

So I decided to play the original Guitar Hero, since that's what I have, and omg some songs are freaking ridiculous. I'm on the fifth set out of six, and the songs are giving me a headache, like Cochise. On the flip side, I cleared set one on Expert :thumbsup:

Anyone got tips for getting better at this, I hate this pattern:

O YBYBYRG, then it repeats. I just can't shift constantly without messing up.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I beat KoC on expert for the very first time last night, then my game froze before I could view statistics or save it :evil:

Same with me. Except when I did that, it was on hard. I made the mistake of going straight to the encore without saving and the game died when I was halfway though CoP.

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

Temporarily taking over the competition because I feel like keeping it moving...

Minus Celsius

1st - bongo (281,273)

2nd - Saidin (280,617)

3rd - Jaziek (193,013)

Next Song: Miss Murder

Overall Leaders after 55 songs:

1st - SaidinWoT - 69 Points

2nd - BongoMan - 60 Points

3nd - demonreape2 - 33 Points

4th - istolethepie - 32 Points

5th - wheels4587 - 27 Points

6th - Dadieseldude05 - 19 Points

7th - NomAnor - 17 Points

8th - XxKiteXx - 16 Points

9th(T) - Bballchamp23 - 15 Points

9th(T) - DarkDude98 - 15 Points

11th - Jaziek - 8 Points

12th - ugafan2009 - 6 Points

13th - Fata1 - 4 Points

14th - baron8000 - 3 Points

15th - riku3220 - 2 Points

16th(T) - johnhammon - 1 Point

16th(T) - Highimpact1 - 1 Point

On a mildly interesting note - after 55 songs, the highest average points is 1.25... no one has held 1st or even 2nd for the majority of the songs.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

playing GH3 a lot less lately. Pretty much given up playing seriously until WT comes out. I've been messing around with RB a lot though. latest achievement is a expert vox ballroom blitz 5*. I had no idea vox would be that easy until I tried it, did 1 song on easy, then went to expert just to see how bad I would fail and was incredibly suprised to see that I was passing well.

Tk5SF.png

Best redux of the day:

[hide=The Unforgiven III]TheUnforgivenIII-1.png[/hide]

1st by 524 points, and I missed out on a squeeze I normally get (as well as an easy squeeze I normally don't...)

Basically been working on Metallica songs, which has been a nice boost to my DLC score. Other Metallica reduxes:

[hide=That Was Just Your Life]Still no FC... -1 in a far less point-heavy place than my 100% run...

ThatWasJustYourLife-1.png[/hide]

[hide=Cyanide]-2 run - can FC, will FC, blah blah blah

Cyanide.png[/hide]

[hide=All Nightmare Long]-8 - can FC, probably won't for a while, blah blah... good enough redux for now.

AllNightmareLong-1.png[/hide]

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Here's my Miss Murder score:

[hide=Miss Murder re-FC 310802]missmurderrefcri8.jpg[/hide]

Also two new FCs:

[hide=Sunshine of Your Love FC]soylfcwc1.jpg[/hide]

[hide=School's Out FC]sofcyi5.jpg[/hide]

Yay.

p2gq.jpg

Finally beat green grass and high tides today leaving only constant motion and Jordan left to beat out of all the songs i own. Getting internet on tuesday so will get metallica pack then.

Also having trouble getting my rockband drums replaced as the online shop wont replace them without the original packaging... And ea dont replace the drum kits and say that the shop should replace it...

We interrupt this program to bring you . . .

[hide=Holy. Crap.]crfcea7.jpg[/hide]

\' Totally unexpected. Only 3 tiers left to get an FC on, 5, 7 and 8 . . .

Thank you for keeping the tourny going. I still cannot get onto the site. -.-

When I tried going to guitarhero.com, I got a language selection and then a random screen that said "infinite%." Dunno if that's your problem, but I googled it and went straight to the community page. Here's the link to the tour group: http://community.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/219573?game=gh3

p2gq.jpg

Woah, I haven't touched a plastic guitar in almost a week, and what a week it's been...

I'll post some updates scores later with my new digital camera :D it can also record for about 10mins, so I might make a video or two just for fun ;)

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Right as bongo gets a new camera, mine is taken off to Kentucky for a family gathering my mom is attending, so no pics of anything I do until Tuesday. Tonight I managed only two reduxes, as I'm focusing on DLC, which is still freezing for me (songs will generally play after one or two turn-off/turn-on sessions of the xbox).

Ernten Was Wir Saen - 727,833

-13 run, best run of the night note-wise was -12... only one part I don't know how to do, which means with just a little practice, a FC is not out of the question.

The End of the Line - 704,576

Choked on the last, incredibly valuable SP phrase (I have a tendency to do that...), so this could've been first. 4th is fine for now, but will definitely be going for 1st or the FC (there's a 17k point gap between 1st and an optimal FC, so I wouldn't even have to FC the song to get 1st right now o.O)

And these two put me in 3rd for DLC! Only 1m points from 2nd :shock:

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Thank you for keeping the tourny going. I still cannot get onto the site. -.-

When I tried going to guitarhero.com, I got a language selection and then a random screen that said "infinite%." Dunno if that's your problem, but I googled it and went straight to the community page. Here's the link to the tour group: http://community.guitarhero.com/tour_groups/219573?game=gh3

Dang...Didn't think you'd get Cherub Rock before me. Nice going!

When I try to go to guitarhero.com, it shows that it finds the page, but it never loads and eventually times out. :?

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I have RB, I just don't play it... never seemed to enjoy it as much.

Today was almost entirely gaming, because I really didn't feel like doing much (I did spend a number of hours reading, and a few other things, I just mainly gamed >_>)... that said, I made barely any progress on GH:

Halo Theme Mjolnir Mix - 179,132

-6 run, I kept choking randomly... exciting

Dream On - 235,063

Utterly convinced my guitar decided that I should've reFC this, as it double strummed multiple times, while I have *never* had it double strum before. Finally got the reFC without any evil double strums, though I lost some whammy...

Don't Speak - 421,518

Only one actual FC attempt (a few other playthroughs where I was just testing out squeezes)... missed the squeeze in the second activation, and failed to get any ticks on the first... if I put some time into it, I could get 3rd, if not 2nd or 1st, but I don't really want to put in that time...

And that was all of my improvement for the day. I repeatedly choked on The End of the Line, eventually giving up when I was no longer able to hit the solo. DLC has seemed to stop freezing. I also tried squeezing Slow Ride once, just for the sake of it, and got 221,834, 3 ticks short of my current high score. With some work, I could bump that up.

And that's all.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg