Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

Right, so GH3 has been put on the back burner for longer than expected, because I'm trying to do well on GH:A... it seems to be paying off, because tonight (after everyone else has had their chance to claim super high scores, unlike the first day where I was taking advantage of lack of scores) I took 2nd on one song (who knows what it was... oh right, Nobody's Fault) on XBL and 1st on Always on the Run :D To make this even better, I stole that 1st from Piso, who is known as an excellent path-maker and such, which means my path that I made up on the spot right before playing is as good as his :D

And then the next two songs killed my trend of good scores :(

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, so GH3 has been put on the back burner for longer than expected, because I'm trying to do well on GH:A... it seems to be paying off, because tonight (after everyone else has had their chance to claim super high scores, unlike the first day where I was taking advantage of lack of scores) I took 2nd on one song (who knows what it was... oh right, Nobody's Fault) on XBL and 1st on Always on the Run :D To make this even better, I stole that 1st from Piso, who is known as an excellent path-maker and such, which means my path that I made up on the spot right before playing is as good as his :D

And then the next two songs killed my trend of good scores :(

Nice :P how are you doing on Train Kept A Rollin'? Be the second one to FC it :D

Also, updated score for TTL...I should FC it by tonight, but my nerves say otherwise -.-

[hide=Take This Life, -6]takethislifeexpert99543ui8.jpg[/hide]

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Anyone knows when GHA is coming out in the UK? I recently piled up some money from who knows where so I can afford it. :mrgreen:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

My GH:A finally arrived last night, it's good, the only problem is the precision required for the hammer-ons. You can't hold it beforehand like GHIII.

And a gig in Russia! \'

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVMSzqo8OwQ

first go at GH2 in 10 months. decided to try out my capture card.

anybody care to tell me why the sound is so... er.. crappy? Its a direct recording, so the only thing I can think of is that I was using composite input instead of scart, but I didnt think it would make that much of a difference.

Tk5SF.png

Well I just got Rock Band today :D so GH3 is going back in it's case for awhile (along with my hopeful TTL FC, which didn't go very well after my -6 run -.- ).

I was screwing around with all the instruments at first. Drums are a lot of fun, I'm going to go through Medium mode and work my way up (actually did 3 expert songs on sightread and almost failed them miserably :lol: ). I have to say though, the HOPO system in Rock Band is extremely weird, maybe I just need to get used to it, but it feels like you have to tap them instead of holding them down...As for vocals, they're ok, a lot of fun to sing songs you like :D

I'll still participate in the tounrey as much as possible, but I'm hoping to complete expert drums by the end of this week ;)

FMAsig.jpg

Could lightsaber post here please. (or re-post if I missed post)

Done.

Anyways I doubt I can do much since I play GH on my PS2, but I'll do my best.

Have fun. :)

Confirmed. ::'

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Just ordered GHA and should arrive on Tuesday to Friday next week! Apprently it's extremely easy so I'm going straight in Hard hoping there is no equivalent of Raining Blood! :mrgreen:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

My GH:A finally arrived last night, it's good, the only problem is the precision required for the hammer-ons. You can't hold it beforehand like GHIII.

And a gig in Russia! \'

The whole hammer-on and pull-off system in GH:A pretty much put me off.

I swore at it when it wouldn't register my pull-off.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Could lightsaber post here please. (or re-post if I missed post)

Done.

Anyways I doubt I can do much since I play GH on my PS2, but I'll do my best.

Confirmed. ::'

Thanks much!

Now playing Coop on hard with my brother, we just finished medium.

Here's a (slightly) better Cult of Personality score. It may not have been my hopeful 300k, but I'll post it just incase...

cultofpersonalityexpertdl9.jpg

And now you can see how much I suck at the solos (I got really lucky on 'Solo!').

cultofpersonalityexpertpk8.jpg

Also I finally 5* Raining Blood, my score could've been much higher if I hadn't of made stupid slips in the verse, chorus and missed the star power in 'Flood!'. But who cares? El Jefe 8-) !

[hide=Raining Blood 5*, Breakdown, and El Jefe!]rainingbloodexpert93230tf8.jpg

rainingbloodexpert93breff0.jpg

eljefedxj5.jpg[/hide]

As for Rock Band, I completed drums on medium this morning, and man Green Grass and High Tides almost killed my arms and leg :lol:. I'll start hard mode later, and if I get better at expert I might post some scores.

FMAsig.jpg

Here's a (slightly) better Cult of Personality score. It may not have been my hopeful 300k, but I'll post it just incase...

cultofpersonalityexpertdl9.jpg

And now you can see how much I suck at the solos (I got really lucky on 'Solo!').

cultofpersonalityexpertpk8.jpg

Also I finally 5* Raining Blood, my score could've been much higher if I hadn't of made stupid slips in the verse, chorus and missed the star power in 'Flood!'. But who cares? El Jefe 8-) !

[hide=Raining Blood 5*, Breakdown, and El Jefe!]rainingbloodexpert93230tf8.jpg

rainingbloodexpert93breff0.jpg

eljefedxj5.jpg[/hide]

As for Rock Band, I completed drums on medium this morning, and man Green Grass and High Tides almost killed my arms and leg :lol:. I'll start hard mode later, and if I get better at expert I might post some scores.

Great Job! I had a really bad time while playing Raining Blood the other day. :oops:

Grats on the guitar aswell. :)

Curses Bongo, you beat my CoP score by 8k. Watch out, I'm determined to beat it now =P~

LOL what a coincidence :D

And thanks to above posts!

FMAsig.jpg

all my freebird related anger is gone now. Got 411k this morning. 100% on the end [bleep]ery as well.

edit: between me and a friend of mine we've gotten the log with a little over 2 days of playtime. The final song was me with a 309k run on hangar 18.

Tk5SF.png