Official Hiphop/rap track of the day

T-Roach

ok , so i was browsing the "what are you listening to right now" thread, and if u ask me, its a huge joke. all i see is rock, heavy metal, rock, light rock, and some more rock. def. not enough hiphop/rap

so ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôhereby i present the hiphop/rap track of the day

first up:

Young Jeezy- Corporate thuggin

aah ive been listening to this for a while now, + its my cell phones ringtone :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH6WFuPDsjw

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

The majority of people have a uneducated hate against rap for some reason. I enjoy it, i don't think anyone could listen to Run-DMC's "Raising Hell" album and say they hate rap.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I think Young Jeezy has probably copyrighted that track, so i'm going to have to remove the link. Sorry mate, just YouTube links for now, i'm sure people can go out and buy the stuff if they like it.

I don't really have anything against hip-hop per-se, some of it is okay really, it's just the whole culture doesn't really appeal to me.

I'll give your suggestions a try out though.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Are we going to discuss good new rap, or can we divulge into old school as well?

both, you'll be getting ur old school as well

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

I've just never really liked rap. Most of it is digitalized background music with some guy ryming about some obscene [cabbage] he's probably never done. I know some of it is probably different but this is jsut from my experience. I don't know, I'm probably just biased towards rap, but I just never really liked it. Part of the fact that I don't like it is the whole culture associated with it.

I think I'll jsut stick to rock it's much more pleasing to listen to in my oppinion.

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

Second up: Papoose ft. Thug-a-Cation - Thuga-Thuga

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u6gSZvwY_GY& ... ed&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jhEXqTLM4lo& ... ed&search=

And check out Papoose' part on that one. Damn. :ohnoes:

Oh, wait. It's you who is going to do the choosing?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Second up: Papoose ft. Thug-a-Cation - Thuga-Thuga

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u6gSZvwY_GY& ... ed&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jhEXqTLM4lo& ... ed&search=

And check out Papoose' part on that one. Damn. :ohnoes:

Oh, wait. It's you who is going to do the choosing?

Papoose's verse was fire, I love his flow. I can't wait for his next album, The Nacirema Dream. It's supposed to have really good producers, such as Dr. Dre. I can't wait. :D

TBH, I've never heard of Thug-a-Cation, but I liked him. I'll be sure to look up more about him.

Papoose's verse was fire, I love his flow. I can't wait for his next album, The Nacirema Dream. It's supposed to have really good producers, such as Dr. Dre. I can't wait. :D

Ha, he's got like 15 mixtapes out now or something? And now his first album coming up. Most of the mixtapes out are better than anything else the past years.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Chocobo is right. His flow isn't anything special and his lyrics are basic at best.

Watch and learn:

Nas - Street Dreams

One of the Greatest right there.

EDIT: I had to add the best diss ever:

Tupac - Hit Em Up

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fJyGNPwFJA0

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Street Dreams was a good song. Nas is awesome. The suit he was wearing rocked.

Hit 'em Up is just greatest diss song, ever, period. He destroyed everyone who had somethin' to say about him. I wish he had fulfilled his goal of killing the Bad Boy empire before he had passed. Now Puffy'

still here, he's like BO. He's just lingering and every once in a while, he passes your nose, and it stinks.

Honestly, I liked it, and sortof do. I would call "Cupids Chokehold" a rap song. If it is, I only like 1 rap/hip-hop song.

Eminem - Lame, not a real gangster. Don't listen to his music.

=P. I hate rap because of the teenagers, walking, talking, and wearing clothes like gangsters.

As I read somewhere once,

If your mum still drops you off at school, You ain't no gangter. Pull up your damn pants!

I dont need a siggy no moar.

rap music so pathetic

i mean 50 cent all his songs are the same either about "pimpin" OR "capin" someone

meanwhile rock musics songs difer

oh yeh and gangsters you say you grew up on the streets everyone has a street outside their house grow up

sycosis5.png

winterkingre4.png

rap music so pathetic

i mean 50 cent all his songs are the same either about "pimpin" OR "capin" someone

oh yeh and gangsters you say you grew up on the streets everyone has a street outside their house grow up

Oh come on, 50 Cent is truly garbage, but don't just assume mainstream radio rap defines the whole genre...I can't believe I'm defending rap, but your claims are too heinous to be overlooked.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Lame? Are you serious? Have you ever heard a song other than "Just Lose it"? If you have heard any of his old stuff you will realize why he is arguably the best rapper ever to touch the mic. His flow and lyrics are fire. But you think Cupid's Chokehold is a rap song, so I don't really blame you for saying that about Eminem since it proves you know nothing about rap.

And as for 50, he has some good songs. Not the stuff they play on MTV though. I definetly wouldn't put him on my top 10, probably not even my top 20.

rap music so pathetic

I hate having to talk down on someone over the internet, but you're an idiot, and you don't know what hip-hop is. You see what you've seen on MTV and apply this to us. Shut up. Learn mroe about what we're talking about before you take some hip-popper and put him on our name. People like you is one of the reason that hip-hop has such a bad name. You need to just keep your mouth shut until you actually no what you're talking about. I don't know much about rock, so I keep my mouth shut and don't assume what I hear aroudn me like you do.

And you don't know what "streets" mean. Streets is a term for the urban ghetto areas, where nobody makes a lot of money. Take for example, Casa de los Ninos (House of Children in Spanish) Adoption Center, the place I grew up half my life.

Why? Eminem's a great rapper. He's lyrically one of the best out there, he can pull off double and triple syllable rhyming without a problem, and can switch up his flow right in the middle of song and still sound good. He also didn't exactly have a picture perfect life, but I've never really heard himself call himself a gangster (though he's rapped about them before).

Anyway, how about this song next:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rRyCKFYlg7Y

It's: Imagine, By Snoop Dogg ft. Dr. Dre and D'Angelo

It's a really really good song, and it's different from the usual Dre & Snoop collaboration (which are already awesome, without a doubt). It's one of my favorite songs, and probably the only good song off Snoop's latest album. <.<

why Young Jeezy? His flow is very basic, and his rhymes sounds like something out of a nursery book.

How about Jibbs? His flow is also very basic but his rhymes ARE right out of a nursery book lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D0WbMQVTds

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Just in case why anyone is wondering why some people love the Wu Tang Clan (myself included), here is why:

Triumph - Wu Tang Clan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R8RtMSA_AAo

Listen to at least the first verse. You will never hear any rappers using these kinds of words. Maybe a couple of other old school rappers, but no more rappers talk like this. I mean honestly, what rapper do you know of that can use the words atomically, Socrates, philosophies, hypotheses AND mockeries in the same SENTENCE! Inspectah Deck is sick with it.

If anyone is wondering when their new album is coming out its July 7. Making the date 07/07/07.

Listen to at least the first verse. You will never hear any rappers using these kinds of words. Maybe a couple of other old school rappers, but no more rappers talk like this. I mean honestly, what rapper do you know of that can use the words atomically, Socrates, philosophies, hypotheses AND mockeries in the same SENTENCE! Inspectah Deck is sick with it.

Definitely beats "Move [bleep], get out the way [bleep], get out the way!".

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Definitely beats "Move [bleep], get out the way [bleep], get out the way!".

Well as you see there is a [bleep] in his way, in which he has to move. Hence, the term: "Move [bleep], get out the way!" :lol: