The world's end

highlanders

, then sorry, you're a tool. In a toolbox. In a toolshed. In the tool section of Wal-Mart. In Tool, Wyoming.
HAHA i love that :P
iteme3721.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus.. Why does everybody listen to Al Gore? Did nobody see the last Family Guy of the season or anything?

Al Gore is a blowhard... He'll do just about anything to boost his own political agenda. If he had become president, chances are that terrorists and our adversaries would've taken advantage of his passive foreign policy and attacked us.

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

How can you take advantage of passive foreign policy? Terrorists are pissed off with America for it's past, guess who supplied countires with more military power to supress there people? America. Guess who decided to build a damn military base on holy soil in Saudi Arabia? America.

Terrorists are pissed off by past aggressive foreign policys (usually spurred by the Cold War) America has had. It has enstated tyrants in the middle east, provided for them and made sure that they can maintain reign by porviding military power. If i were a citizen in one of those countries, i would be pretty damn pissed as well. Then when they fight back instead of asking what problesm they have they call it a war on terror and expect people to buy into that.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

*sigh*

I dont really know why people ask this question all the time, because there is an answer, i think #-o

The sun is continuously expanding, and in, i think it is, a few billion years time, the sun is going to be so big, its going to swallow up the earth.

Its all going to be a bit hectic on Earth before this, the sea is going to bubble, the atmosphere is going to disappear, and so on...

The sun is then going to be a supernova, or, if its big enough, change into a black hole, which will then suck in the rest of the planets (the first three, including Earth will be engulfed by the sun).

So there you go, and by the way, i didnt just get this off something like wikiwoo.

*sigh*

I dont really know why people ask this question all the time, because there is an answer, i think #-o

The sun is continuously expanding, and in, i think it is, a few billion years time, the sun is going to be so big, its going to swallow up the earth.

Not so sure about continuous, stars tend to swell when they run out of hydrogen after an initial collapse. If anything it's gonna get smaller before it gets bigger.

The sun is then going to be a supernova, or, if its big enough, change into a black hole, which will then suck in the rest of the planets (the first three, including Earth will be engulfed by the sun).

No chance of supernova or black hole, the Sun is far too small.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I see where he's getting at, though. It's pretty much a 'given' that the Sun will swell and scorch the Earth. However, a lot of people right now think we're capable of destroying ourselves before it gets to that stage, hence this discussion (IMO).

I see where he's getting at, though. It's pretty much a 'given' that the Sun will swell and scorch the Earth. However, a lot of people right now think we're capable of destroying ourselves before it gets to that stage, hence this discussion (IMO).

True enough, i'm just (too) pedantic about misinformation when it comes to stuff like that.

*sigh*

Not so sure about continuous, stars tend to swell when they run out of hydrogen after an initial collapse. If anything it's gonna get smaller before it gets bigger.

No chance of supernova or black hole, the Sun is far too small.

If its going to be a supernova, then it will fall in itself, then blow up and destroy, the Earth, but if it gets big enough, then it will be a black hole (but the chances are pretty slim).

The sun isnt anywhere near as big as it will be in the end, so i say the chances are still there that it could change into a black hole.

The sun isnt anywhere near as big as it will be in the end, so i say the chances are still there that it could change into a black hole.

It's not going to be a black hole either. Just a giant, cooling rock probably not much bigger than earth.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

As for your quote in your main post, I know a quote that kinda fits with it.

"All great nations are destroyed from within." or something like that.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It's not going to be a black hole either. Just a giant, cooling rock probably not much bigger than earth.

I believe it will turn into a white dwarf star? I don't remember exactly, but our sun is average. According to the P-L scale, or whatever it's called.

personally, i want to live to see the end of the world, even if it happens to be literally in my lifetime, without any genetic modifications that may be available in the future that extend your life.

It'd be quite a sight.

In a religeos and prophetic look, in the bible jesus spoke of the end of the world coming. He said that "the generation that saw the fig tree blossom, would live to see the coming of christ". For all that dont know, the fig tree is reprosented by isrial, mentioned many times throughout the bible. Also, Isrial just became a known nation 50 years ago (a little more, rite after WWll). Now it blossoms, and this generation will live to see the comming of christ. Now if you look at it, the generation now could last 20-30 years, so that is a scope of the end of the world. Notice that it coensides with the timing of the global warming prodiction, and the approuch of the 10nth planet.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

In a religeos and prophetic look, in the bible jesus spoke of the end of the world coming. He said that "the generation that saw the fig tree blossom, would live to see the coming of christ". For all that dont know, the fig tree is reprosented by isrial, mentioned many times throughout the bible. Also, Isrial just became a known nation 50 years ago (a little more, rite after WWll). Now it blossoms, and this generation will live to see the comming of christ. Now if you look at it, the generation now could last 20-30 years, so that is a scope of the end of the world. Notice that it coensides with the timing of the global warming prodiction, and the approuch of the 10nth planet.

we already killed pluto man...

:P

I believe it will turn into a white dwarf star? I don't remember exactly, but our sun is average. According to the P-L scale, or whatever it's called.

Yeah it'll be a white dwarf star.

The Bible also says something about don't listen to people that say they know when the end of the world is going to happen if I remember correctly...

True yes, but he also spoke of when the end might be. To bad he did not give exact dates though, lol.

we already killed pluto man...

We kind of did, but the object that did it is still out there, and could come back.

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

We kind of did, but the object that did it is still out there, and could come back.

Wha?

Pluto isn't a planet anymore because it is to small to be classfied as one. There are only 8 planets, so i guess we will have to find a 9th before the "approach of the 10th"?

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Guys, he's talking about the "Planet X" theory by the sounds of it. The theory that there is a planet that passes near Earth or through the asteroid belt and reaks havoc on Earth every 65 million-ish years.

...AKA, a bunch of whacko's putting a few dots together on a peice of paper, drawing a line to connect them and calling it a "theory". :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!