The world's end

highlanders

What if it really happens, that in 20 years from now, a series of events induces more events, resulting in the end of the earth as we know it;

climate changes; floods, hurricanes, changes in the magnetic field due to polesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ melting, earthquakes, volcanoes, world economyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s fall, hunger, world wars stemmed from old grudges.

We could act now, right now. Make steps to reverse climate change, and reduce pollution. This could be done, here, and right now. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not the governmentÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s fault, no matter how much people would like to believe so. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s our fault, us as citizens. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s our responsibility to elect people who will act on this issue: the environment.

Perhaps you are not religious, I am not either, but I found this message interesting:

The United States has been given the opportunity to be the teacher for the world, but much is expected of those to whom much has been given. The United States has been given more of everything than any country in the history of the world and it has failed to be generous with the gifts. If the United States continues to exploit the rest of the world by greedily consuming the world's resources, the United States will have God's blessing withdrawn. Your country will collapse economically which will result in civil chaos. Because of the greedy nature of the people, you will have people killing people for a cup of gasoline. The world will watch in horror as your country is obliterated by strife. The rest of the world will not intervene because they have been victims of your exploitation. They will welcome the annihilation of such selfish people. The United States must change immediately and become the teachers of goodness and generosity to the rest of the world. Today the United States is the primary merchant of war and the culture of violence that you export to the world. This will come to an end because you have the seeds of your own destruction within you. Either you will destroy yourselves or God will bring it to an end if there isn't a change.

This isn't just the United-States who have that attitude, many many countries in the world have turned to capitalism, and forgot essential moral values. Our society is selfish, and greedy, and at a moment of another, we will be the victim of our acts. So many citizens, and governments, don't seem to care about the environment at all.

But this isn't a fantasy, if we do not act, all those natural disasters, they will happen, there is no doubt. What happens if the ozone layer dissapears? We die from skin cancer. It could take 30-40-50 years, but if we continue as it is, the ozone layer will indeed dissapear. It could be the melting of the poles, the massive flooding that would result. Or it could be the heat that will stop certain ocean currents which would result in a lack of oxygen in the Ocean, and the destruction of Ocean life in those given parts. It could be so many things, and our planet has never been weaker in the history of its existence.

2480+ total

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just enjoy life as it is, stop worrying about what will and wont happen.

You can both not worry about the future, and at the same time do what is right in order to preserve it. Not doing anything, and not caring about what will happen is simply irresponsible.

2480+ total

Not pointing fingers? That's what the whole OP was. Gore should have been elected (oh yeah, he was..) blah blah, the USA should do more, blah blah.

agreed.

Also I can't take the OP serriously after he said he thought the U.S caused 9/11.

Thats what you get for electing conservatives like Bush, i think it was Lincoln who said "What is conservatism? Is it not adherence to the old and tried, against the new and untried?". Well now is the age for the new and untried, or the destruction of the planet.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I have an article about weed/hemp and how it can help global change and global warming.

I thought it was quite interesting if anyone wants it, pm me :P

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Not pointing fingers? That's what the whole OP was. Gore should have been elected (oh yeah, he was..) blah blah, the USA should do more, blah blah.

agreed.

Also I can't take the OP serriously after he said he thought the U.S caused 9/11.

C'mon dude, the genious invented the internet, he has to be right about that too.

I know there's this whole "let's be environmentalists" fad going on nowadays, but it's not like it's going to be 500 degrees tomorrow. I mean, according to climatologists, shouldn't we be in an ice age right now?

Ya, we and everyone else needs to do more for the world. Nonetheless, this environmentalist fad is getting pretty annoying :| .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Al Gore wouldn't have done crap about global warming, all he did was make the inconvenient truth to boost his reputation. Btw, guess Al Gores carbon foot print. I believe its around 45 times the average American \'

Also, you obviously know little about the war in Iraq, so don't go that way.

If the United States continues to exploit the rest of the world by greedily consuming the world's resources, the United States will have God's blessing withdrawn.

That assumes it currently has God's blessing.

Tell me, how does a nation go about acquiring the blessing of God?

summerpngwy6.jpg

If the United States continues to exploit the rest of the world by greedily consuming the world's resources, the United States will have God's blessing withdrawn.

Have you ever heard the saying, "One bad apple spoils the bunch"?

I don't think oil or coal will run out, because I said in one thread, when living things die (includes foliage) and get pressurized, it's actually really scientific and stuff, but the easiest way to explain it is the living thing decomposes into oil, while others like foliage may turn black from pressure.

A reply was that "Yes, it's true, but skeletons take thousands of years to decompose into oil"

Yes, true, but did animals and trees die thousands of years ago? I think so.

Whats with all the apocolyptic posts recently? I mean I hate to be the hippy of the crew but chillllllll out.

Dam* Straight -.-

I mean there's that creepy one about the death book :ohnoes:

Couple about death and disease

Several about global warming

We have the "cold war 2"

Strange thing is, they seem to come in phases...

I don't think oil or coal will run out, because I said in one thread, when living things die (includes foliage) and get pressurized, it's actually really scientific and stuff, but the easiest way to explain it is the living thing decomposes into oil, while others like foliage may turn black from pressure.

A reply was that "Yes, it's true, but skeletons take thousands of years to decompose into oil"

Yes, true, but did animals and trees die thousands of years ago? I think :ohnoes: so.

We have taken millions of years worth of oil from the ground in a very short period of time, the current things "decomposing" into oil are being taken up to make other products with. Oil is running out and it doesn't generate nearly as quickly as we need it.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Yes, true, but did animals and trees die thousands of years ago? I think so.

You see this is a very very very very simple dynamic to understand. We dig it up faster then it can form. Much faster. It will run out (hence why they are called non-renewables), so lets leave your idea behind and come back into some sort of reality, please.

LOL, at first I thought this was going to be about the pirates movie.

Anyway, the aztecs the people who brought you the calender, (heh) though that the world would end 2012. That is just when they stopped theirs. 2012 just so happens to be an election year..... Also, Einstein predicted that the world wouldn't last 4 years without the bees to pollenate. This year bee farmers (if that is the correct term) said that they had lost a total of 75% of the worlds population of farmed bees, because of the weather [bleep]es.... Also, even though I don't believe in it... I guess you can throw global warming into the mix... ( ITS ONLY A THEORY PEOPLE DONT LET GORE FORCE FEED YOU IT!)

100completepl0.png

<( *-* )> <(*-* <) (> *-*)> <( *-* )>

You go on a crusade and kill loads of muzzas.

:thumbsup:

So the US has God's blessing :thumbsup:

iteme3721.jpg

The Aztecs had a calendar... they did not BRING the calendar. Europe, Asia and Africa had a calendar LONG before the Aztecs came into the picture.

and the war on Afghanistan and Iraq would have never happened, even if Bush had taken his place or another republican, the ground would have not been ready for making a war, and the population would have not accepted it.

I don't care who was president after 9/11. Blood was going to be spilled of whoever did it. People would have gone crazy if we hadn't attacked Afghanistan. Iraq might not have happened the way it did but you can bet that Afghanistan would have been invaded. Pakistan might have been attacked as well if they sheltered Al Quaida and Taliban troops without coming to the US side and helping out.

When thousands of Americans die the country goes to war. That is just how this country works. It doesn't matter who is President at the time.

Ambassadar.png