Bow Stringing.

Abyssalwhip

This is about the new String X update. I've seen tons of people complaining about it but some loving it. I personally don't fletch much so I don't have a side in this but what do YOU think of this.

The pros of this is that you won't get CT, you can do something else while stringing and they have an animation.

The cons are that it's a hell lot slower and some people going for 99 are going to be pissed off.

[hide=Could a mod read this for a second?] Can you make a poll out of this asking "Should they have made String X and make the choices yes or no?[/hide]

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

No harm done. Fletching is already a very fast skill to 99, slowing it down is not going to be that bad. :-w At least it can be comparable to other skills like fishing now, though still much faster.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Fishing? You can't compare it to fishing. It's impossible to compare buyable to non-buyable skills, for the most part.

It's still a really fast 99 I think.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I believe that with the addition of this "String All" feature, they should have allowed you to still string them one by one if you wanted to. It's much quicker that way.

I'm personally not going for 99 Fletching; I really don't like the skill all that much. But I just want to get done with my Fletching as soon as possible so that I can move onto other goals. And for those of you who argue that "it gives you time to do something else", what are you going to do in the 12-14 seconds that it grants you extra? Not much.. I spend more time sitting there doing nothing because I'm typing a response or reading.

But I do see where the pros in this update are. All these people ranting about how Fletching is sooo fast and way too easy; here's the update they've been looking for. Although it doesn't slow down the skill by that much, it still adds on a bit more time for someone to go for 99 Fletching. It might just discourage some for getting it just because it's one of those "easy 99s". I really hope it does; I find it kind of sad that so many people go for 99 Fletching (and Cooking) just to get the cape so that they can have the bonuses. An Achievement Cape is just that; for achievements. For getting 99 in a particular skill; not just for the sole purpose of having a training item. And seeing someone wearing a Fletching or Cooking cape does not bring them any more admiralty in my opinion.

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I personally see this as a matter of people's health as opposed to the ease of the game. As mentioned, for all we know, this is a measure to prevent Jagex's users contracting CTS. I see this as an overriding factor for any reason the hardcore gamers of RS can come up with.

Add to that the fact that fletching needs to be slowed down. there's a problem when around 15,000 out of a million members can get the top level with such contemptuous ease. Again, I see this as an advantage, and may even ensure there's enough yew logs in circulation for everyone who wants to get 99 fletching, since some will now be turned away from fletching, reducing the demand.

there's also the fact that if an average (meaning, not that bright) player did get CTS from playing 8+ hours daily, they'd probably try to sue jagex for it. people have threatened to do so for dumber things

not stopping me from going for 99, as i'm not doing it just for an easy 99/bragging rights.

I don't think that this will slow fletching down much considering most power fletchers refused to string the bows anyway. This simply will take the profit out of stringing bows. This has already increased the demand for yew logs. Yew log prices went up fast after the update.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

The good thing about updates is that they affect every aspect of the game. There come many pro's and cons with an update, and something as simple as this, or as complex as the new dark bow cause large effects on the RS economy. Really, you got to look at it from all sides.

Removing the "string all" function means that hard core lvl'ers are going to get less from alching their unstrung bows. That means less money entering into RS.

As kraz stated, wood cutter's goods went up significantly because there's new suply and demand created by need for XP.

The raise in prices of wood mean that hard core lvl'ers need more cash to get where they want to be, which significantly slows down fletching. So though the removing of string all may not directly impact fletching, it indirectly does.

As a response to the posts above, whats wrong with having 99 fletching even if it took less time then others? Really it comes out as a sign of jealously, why do you care? If you got 99 in anything i would say your doing better then 98% of runescape, and congratulate you. If you can give me one good reason why they should be slowed down from thier goals, i'll agree with you.

insane-1.png

if you want super fast xp you can still do it manually? well, if ya can then no harm at all...either save your fingers from being hurt and slow xp or hurting fingers and good xp

No, it's impossible to do it manually. I personally am going for 99 fletching, and this has slowed down my EXP per hour considerably. It may be JagEx trying to slow down the advance of 99 fletchers (there are certainly lots of them), or to make Fletching into a more admirable 99, but it's not going to work - too many people have the idea of 99 fletching in their head as an "easy" 99. Of course, it is still, but not so much as it used to be. I believe that Cooking is probably easier now, as it gives more EXP per hour (more per shark than per bow strung!) and you can do it with less attention, as you can 'cook all' for a load of 28, which you can only do for half the time while fletching. If JagEx made the option to 'turn off' this feature, so that you could do it manually, they would have to make this available for everything, which could be a pain for them. Also, they would probably have to first make the option available for everything (taking into account that herblore has something that could be done, and I'm sure there are others I can't think of yet). So, I believe that we're going to have to live with this, however much we don't like it. In the interests of fast EXP, the old way was better, but this way you can read forums, watch movies, etc. while fletching. Better? I think not. However, there are people out there who believe that the new way is the only way, which I suppose means JagEx have done a good job with this update.

Like they say, "You can please some people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time." So, if JagEx can make the majority of people happy (which, with this update, is certainly questionable, but not unreasonable), then they're doing well.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

I don't think that this will slow fletching down much considering most power fletchers refused to string the bows anyway. This simply will take the profit out of stringing bows. This has already increased the demand for yew logs. Yew log prices went up fast after the update.

I consider myself a power fletcher, and that statement is inaccurate. I actually refuse to cut the logs, seeing as it is-or was, considering the new update, a few times slower than stringing. I could get nearly 200k xp per hour stringing, compared with 75k per hour cutting. I would buy Yew Longs (U) and Bow Strings and string the longs.

I consider myself a power fletcher, and that statement is inaccurate. I actually refuse to cut the logs, seeing as it is-or was, considering the new update, a few times slower than stringing. I could get nearly 200k xp per hour stringing, compared with 75k per hour cutting. I would buy Yew Longs (U) and Bow Strings and string the longs.

Hmm.... interesting technique. I personally have always cut and strung my own logs, as I needed some time to let my mind wander. I also like to talk to people while I fletch, and while stringing was fast EXP, it was nice to get a respite. Now, however, I find myself missing the old methods.... Some people don't talk very well, and if you can't find an interesting subject, you might as well get fast EXP.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

If you don't believe me when I say MOST power fletchers prefer cutting to stringing, consider this: Yew longs (u) costed the same as, or less than the price of the logs. However, strung yew longs were sold for more than the price of supplies. This means that many people were willing to not make money from fletching, since cutting was easier than stringing.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...