A rather big sporting day for me

KnightLite

Note to reader: This topic has no relivance of anything to the world, except for me, so spare me the "pmg wh0 c4r3s!?!?!" crap. Also, you need to have a little baseball knowledge to understand it.

I'm a college baseball player, a pitcher. My fastball remained the same velocity for the last 2 years, consistantly 82-85 MPH. About 3 months ago, I started losing velocity, until I was about 79-82 MPH consistantly. Nobody could explain why. I lift 5 days a week, eat healthy, doing everything to get my arm stronger. Today tho, I played a doubleheader for my Summer Baseball team in Port Angeles, Washington, and my coach noticed I was short-arming the ball when I threw it. He told me to bring my arm futher back, and then let my body frame do the work (I'm 6'7", which is about 2.03 Meters). The first pitch I threw in the bullpen, while I was getting ready to come into the game, felt amazing, and I had a significant velocity increase.

I got into the game, 3 up and 3 down, and my fastball was clocked 89-92 MPH. Pretty stoked about it, soo look for me in the Big League's pretty soon :)

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

I had a similar experience with my lunges back when I still fenced foil. It was a big day for me when my coach told me how to go just that much further without overbalancing or tearing any muscles, and get so much of a reach advantage over my opponents that I was scoring hits more consistently.

Feels great, doesn't it?

I had a similar experience with my lunges back when I still fenced foil. It was a big day for me when my coach told me how to go just that much further without overbalancing or tearing any muscles, and get so much of a reach advantage over my opponents that I was scoring hits more consistently.

Feels great, doesn't it?

Feels Amazing

I might enter the draft next year :)

x843.png

I serve faster than you! \' :P

Good work though, I love it when my coach and I figure out what I'm doing in my tennis or running which will make me perform better. It's a good feeling eh'. :wink:

That's awesome Knightlight. How is the movement on your pitches? I had a good friend that was drafted but he hurt his elbow before he could make it to the big show. He was an 85-87 fastball guy but he always said movement counts more than velocity.

I had an experience like that in high school track. My junior year I got a new coach who had been the women's NCAA National Champion in high jump. She was an incredible coach and taught me basically perfect form in about two months my best jump increased by 6 inches which is a huge gain in that event. After her coaching in two seasons of Indoor Track I only had one meet that I didn't win and I won the largest indoor meet in the nation as well. It was great fun because there would be guys that could dunk out of their minds jumping over multiple people and stuff but in a high jump event I could beat them due to my better form even though I didn't have the amount of raw natural athleticism they had. Good coaches are priceless to an athlete. I owe a huge part of the success I had in track to my coaches. No way I could have done it without them.

Ambassadar.png

That's awesome Knightlight. How is the movement on your pitches? I had a good friend that was drafted but he hurt his elbow before he could make it to the big show. He was an 85-87 fastball guy but he always said movement counts more than velocity.

I had an experience like that in high school track. My junior year I got a new coach who had been the women's NCAA National Champion in high jump. She was an incredible coach and taught me basically perfect form in about two months my best jump increased by 6 inches which is a huge gain in that event. After her coaching in two seasons of Indoor Track I only had one meet that I didn't win and I won the largest indoor meet in the nation as well. It was great fun because there would be guys that could dunk out of their minds jumping over multiple people and stuff but in a high jump event I could beat them due to my better form even though I didn't have the amount of raw natural athleticism they had. Good coaches are priceless to an athlete. I owe a huge part of the success I had in track to my coaches. No way I could have done it without them.

How true.. I never realized how important good coaching was until I had it :)

My movement is great btw, a good 5-6 inches on my fastball.

x843.png

PMG.

Play for the Red Sox pl0x.

Now, just work on some other pitches, and you'll be awesome.

Good luck in the draft if you enter it, hopefully you get a good time.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

PMG.

YANKEES RU- just kidding. My friend is crazy about the Sox. But The Minn. Twins own them! They own everyone!

C2b6gs7.png

PMG.

YANKEES RU- just kidding. My friend is crazy about the Sox. But The Minn. Twins own them! They own everyone!

Team W L PCT

Boston 46 25 .648

Twins 36 34 .514

:lol:

Good luck in the draft! sounds like you have great talent! that would be awesome if someone drafted you ::'

Hey - that's actually pretty good! My uncle was pitching around 96 when he was in his senior year in highschool, that's all him and his brother did was play baseball.

Goodluck with the baseball. What college do you play for?

Ok, so I just got back from a Baseball tournament in Bellingham, Washington. We went 2-3, but all 3 of the games we lost, were lost by 1 run in extra innings.

Great games tho, highlight came in the 3rd game. Me, and another pitcher on our team, combined to throw a PERFECT game in a 10-0 win.

I'll get the newspaper article if I can find it and scan it for your viewing pleasures :)

I'm not D1 yet, I got a few offers, but I'm in the NWAAC League right now, ranked the #1 wood-bat league in the Nation (USA).

x843.png