Hitler Good Or Bad? Whats your opinion?

miss18

Well i was asked this in my History GCSE class,

"Using your own knowledge ,do you think Hitler was a good or bad ruler of Germany"

I said yes, Because when Germany was in great depression becuase of the Wall Street Crash, Many Germans were un-employed, but when Hitler came into power he made jobs for the un-employed by building factories. Also he built houses for the homeless that were working under Hitler.

That is my reason,

And i put the same question towards you guys, so what do you think?

Hitler Good or Bad, You decide.

Miss,

Private Chat Is Allways 'ON' So Say Hello To Me, Don't Worry I Won't Bite.

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Using your own knowledge ,do you think Hitler was a good or bad ruler of Germany"

I said yes, Because when Germany was in great depression becuase of the Wall Street Crash, Many Germans were un-employed, but when Hitler came into power he made jobs for the un-employed by building factories. Also he built houses for the homeless that were working under Hitler.

That is my reason,

And i put the same question towards you guys, so what do you think?

Hitler Good or Bad, You decide.

Miss,

Look at the mess germany was in at the start of his reign. Then look at the state of the World at the end of his reign, Germany included.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Both, The things he did as dictator were terrible, and WWII caused a lot of destruction. But because of him we have a lot of things like highways, and improved air travel. He did provide jobs, but for the wrong reasons. It goes both ways, good and bad.

623aivo.png

Veni Vidi Vici

I came, I saw, I conquered.

Hail to the wiki! For all your information needs.

He was inarguably one of the best leaders in history. The only thing that can be questionable is his motive. If it wasn't for the whole "Take over the world/ master race" crap, and had a motive to do actual good, he would probably be just retiring now (or maybe not, i don't remember his age at the time of the war).

He was so charismatic that i bet he could get anyone to sway to his will (Pity it was an bad will)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

My view is that he ruled well, but with a bad fundamental moral basis.

He pulled Germany out of a funk, but mostly with hatred against other races.

I.E. He was a good ruler, but a corrupt one.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

It depends how you define it. If you value employment and national strength over personal liberty then yes he was a good dictator. If you were white, blond and blue eyed then yes he was a good dictator for you.

But of course, the horrific negatives, the racism, the fascism, the loss of nearly any liberty and freedom far outweigh the positives in my opinion.

Other European political parties managed to come out the depression without resorting to extremist parties, Germany's democracy was still too vulnerable and untrusted.

Hitler as a man was possibly one of the most powerful public speakers in history, but the Nazi party was shambolically run, Hitler was an opportunist he grabbed power where he could and his long term plans were too idealistic.

And he also brought Germany straight back into economic trouble when he took on more countries than he could handle in WWII.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I said yes,

Questions with GCSE and even A level are rarely answered either way, in most cases you answer should be Yes, but/ No, although. The examiners are not looking for you to argue one side well and ignore evidence that doesn't agree with you (this is called a priori theory and is frowned upon) rather you should consider the evidence and come to a middling answer.

Whilst I know this can sound contrary to how it should be with examinations its all about jumping through hoops rather than being original or smart.

So try and consider an equal number of points from now on, and with Nazi (and are you doing Weimar too?) history it can most easily be split into economic and social changes - find good and bad points and include a wide spread of topics and equal number of good and bad.

All questions in history must be answered with "I agree/disagree to an extent..." :P

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

This just a question not an exam question just something my teacher asked me to answer.

Miss

Private Chat Is Allways 'ON' So Say Hello To Me, Don't Worry I Won't Bite.

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

miss_war18.png

No he's not. Not all Germans were White, blond, and blue eyes. Not all were hetrosexual, stupid, or Christian/ Pagan(?). Not all were treated with employment.

He brought Germany back for the perfect people and [bleep]ed it up all over again after the war.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

LOL ok, let's weigh this up with pros and cons...

Cons

* Started a world war that was responsible for the deaths of 55 million people

* Authorised mass genocide of 6 million jews, because they were... well, jewish. Geez

* Invaded other countries without provocation

* Established the Gestapo so he could kill polictal and domestic enemies

* Caused crippling collateral and economic damage that lasted decades (my own country only just finished paying off it's WW2 debt a few years ago)

Pros

* ummm...

* I'm thinking....

* I'll think of something....

* Oh yeah, he was tee-total (didn't drink)

* And he didn't smoke

* Invaded France (joking)

* Started a technology revolution

Overall, gotta say the guy was a nut and is a sterling example of what a human being should not be

Harrington.gif

Depends whether you mean "good" morally, or "good" leadershipwise.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

LOL ok, let's weigh this up with pros and cons...

Cons

* Started a world war that was responsible for the deaths of 55 million people

* Authorised mass genocide of 6 million jews, because they were... well, jewish. Geez

* Invaded other countries without provocation

* Established the Gestapo so he could kill polictal and domestic enemies

* Caused crippling collateral and economic damage that lasted decades (my own country only just finished paying off it's WW2 debt a few years ago)

Pros

* ummm...

* I'm thinking....

* I'll think of something....

* Oh yeah, he was tee-total (didn't drink)

* And he didn't smoke

* Invaded France (joking)

* Started a technology revolution

Overall, gotta say the guy was a nut and is a sterling example of what a human being should not be

:lol:

Bad. Improving the economy under the guise of warfare is simple, and any idiot can do it (although I would struggle to define the term "idiot" in perspective to several unnamed 21st century leaders). He violated the terms of the Versailles Treaty, which I'll admit was extremely unfair, but was still international law, all for the sake of rebuilding the economy. If Hitler had brought Germany back from the ashes WITHOUT employing every jobless German into some form of armed services, then he would have been an excellent leader. However, he wasted everything on a war and geneocide. So either way, bad leader.

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

Anyone who tries to defend hitler should really log off the computer, call your local shrink and sign up for a few years worth of treatment.

Anyone who tries to defend hitler should really log off the computer, call your local shrink and sigh up for a few years worth of treatment.

Why? We can all agree he was a terrible human being, and his actions were in no way justified, but he saved Germany and raised it out of the rubble. If he had been content with what he had instead of expanding too far (that, and if he had avoided attacking US ships with U-boats), he might have made Germany one of today's top world powers. Probably not though, oh well :-w .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I think that this topic is quite ammusing. If we went back and asked this same question 20 years ago (or maybe less), everyone would yell at us for even suggesting that Hitler was even remotely good. If I even mention the name Hitler to my Great Uncle who fought in WWII, he mutters under his breath lol. It's amazing how things change in a few decades.

Anyways, I think that Hitler was bad morally, but in some ways, as a leader, he was good. Look at how he created a sense of National Pride in Germany. He was still a crazy, demented, (add word(s) here) though.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I don't care if he found a way to convert energy from nothing, if you think that wiping an entire race of people off the face of the Earth is something that will benefit the world: You crazy. C-R-A-Zee- Azee!

This whole "Oh, but look what he gave Germany" is complete balls anyway. Germany could not be any worse than it was after WWI. Sputnik the Dog could have done 'well' given the circumstances, and his policy of 'free doggy treats for all dogs!' wouldn't have been any where near as catastrophic.

This bears no arguement. Hitler. Was. Bad.

I did not like Hitler. He stood me up for a tea party.

I really wouldn't call it an era. It was more of a definitive time period during which dinstinctive characteristics were expressed in similar ways.

Svirnsigscore.gif

In my eyes he was one of the best speakers ever, but as a war leader he wasn't too great. With proper leadership the army of Germany could have done a lot better in WW2.

When people talk about him, they seem to forget that dictators like Mao and Stalin managed to kill a lot more than he and percentually Pol Pot was in his own cast in death rates. Most likely if Germany had won WW2, we'd now curse the names of Churchill and Stalin and between them we'd talk about Gulags and USA's camps to asian related people.

Note that I don't try really to defend him, I'm trying to show you the other side of the coin.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm