Your Dream Band

speedofsound

If you could have a dream band with any members from any time (even if the person is deceased) who would be in it?

Just copy this for and add or take away anything if necessary.

Vocals:

Lead Guitar:

Secondary Guitar:

Rythm Guitar:

Bass:

Keyboards:

Drums:

Edited List, different styles now so the bands actually work well with eachother.

Heavy/Speed/Power Metal Band

Vocals:Chris Cornell - Soundgarden, Audioslave

Lead Guitar:Tom Morelllo - Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave,Herman Li - Dragonforce

Secondary Guitar:Saul "Slash" Hudson - Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver

Rythm Guitar:Herman Li - Dragonforce,Tom Morelllo - Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave

Bass:Terence "Geezer" Butler - Black Sabbath , Heaven and Hell

Drums:Neil Peart - Rush

More styles to come!

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

I could never combine my favourite aritsts, it just wouldn't work. You can't mix Babyshambles/The Smiths/Tool/The Libertines. It would be ridiculous.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Well i'm not talking style wise, the people in my fantasy band completley contrast but it's still fun to imagine how it might turn out.

You can't ever find a place that's nice and peaceful, because there isn't any. You may think there is, but once you get there, when you're not looking, somebody'll sneak up and write "(bleep) you" right under your nose. Try it sometime. I think, even, if I ever die, and they stick me in a cemetery, and I have a tombstone and all, it'll say "Holden Caulfield" on it, and then what year I was born and what year I died, and then right under that it'll say "(bleep) you."

Vocals: Chris Cornell, Freddy Mercury, or David Gilmour

Lead Guitar: Tom Morello, David Gilmour, or Jimmy Page

Rythm Guitar: James Iha

Bass: Roger Waters, or Tim Commerford

Keyboards: Mutis... lol, or Rick Wright.

Drums: Neil Peart

Vocals: Chris Cornell, Freddy Mercury, or David Gilmour

Lead Guitar: Tom Morello, David Gilmour, or Jimmy Page

Rythm Guitar: James Iha

Bass: Roger Waters, or Tim Commerford

Keyboards: Mutis... lol, or Rick Wright.

Drums: Neil Peart

I was going to put Rick Wright but something made me change my mind.

@Viktor How about giving a real response?

Of course there is, but it's a fact that most people that start posts don't usually check to see if one's already been made in the recent past. But seriously man, the last one like this was just bumped like a week ago, you didn't see that one? Anyways...

Vocals: Brad Delp( :cry: )

Lead Guitar/Rhythm guitar: Ritchie Blackmore

Lead Guitar/Rhythm guitar: Steve Howe

Bass: Chris Squire

Keyboards: Rick Wakeman

Percussion: Neil Peart

Vocals/Flute: Ian Anderson

Nice prog/hard rock band. I think it'd be interesting, but they'd look like a bunch of artards if i saw them live...wouldn't look/sound right I don't think. But, since it's just for a fantasy band, I think this'll do ;).

Oh, and what's the big deal about Syd Barret? I mean sure, maybe he wrote some good songs when he was high, but the fact is that he was so messed up by the end of his career that he couldn't even play/sing his own songs. He'd just stand there on stage, doing nothing. Wow, big idol you got there. Sorry, don't want to offend anyone, but...what's the point of putting him on the list? Just annoys me that so many people make him out to be this huge rock god, when he was just another extremely messed up person. His own fault too. If anything, that's an example of what you don't want to be.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Vocals: Amy Lee (evanescence)

Back up vocals: Mike Shinoda (Fort minor/ Linkin Park)

Lead Guitar: Erik van Halen (Van Halen)

Rhythm guitar: Daron Malakian (System of a Down)

Bass: David "Phoenix" (linkin park) [i don't know of many bass players <.< ]

Drums: Lars Ulrich (metallica)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I dont know the full band that I'd make, but i know FOR SURE that I'd make Dallas Green my lead vocalist.

For those who don't know he is the lead singer in the band Alexisonfire (not the screamer, the singer), and his own acoustic band, city and colour.

This guy has the most amazing voice and i love all of his songs.

I would recomend:

-the entire Alexisonfire CD called "Crisis"

- Save your scissors by city and colour

basically everything by them is good except the album "alexisonfire" by alexisonfire

Vocals: Zp Theart ( Dragonforce )

Lead Guitar: Herman Li ( Dragonforce )

Secondary Guitar: Dimebag Darrell ( Pantera )

Rythm Guitar: John Petrucci ( Dream Theatre )

Bass: Steve Harris ( Iron Maiden )

Keyboards: Rick Wakeman ( Yes )

Drums: Neil Peart ( Rush )

oilertaych6.gif

[Admin Edit: Religious text Not permitted]

~108 combat~

5.9k dusties killed / dragon chain :D

Syd Barrett was a great singer and song writer in his early career and by the end of his career was a messed up druggy, but I look at what great things he did do and not the bad. I'm sorry I like him so much, and he's definaltly not a idol but I like him. The only other fan of him I see on here is LP but w/e. As for the more recent topic, i don't frequent M&M and subsiquentley did not see it. I should of searched, true. Sorry for my mistake.

I like him a lot as well. But to put him up with the rest of that band is just ridiculous. How would you expect that to work. :')

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

It was a between him and Freddy Mercury, who probaley would have fit better. :P You sould post yours How2PK

But, as I said above, it's fantasy.

If im alowed to use dead guys then this is what I pick. (I'll raise them from the dead using ancient magic I found in the discount bin at wallmart)

Vocals: Morrison, Jim Morrison

Lead Guitar: Jimmy Hendrix, (I think him and Morrison would have some nice chemistry if they both smoked up first)

Secondary Guitar: Eric Clapton (and if I bring hendrix back from the dead he can finally give him his guitar...)

Rythm Guitar: Either of the Allman brothers.

Bass: Jack Bruce

Keyboards: Ray Manzarek, hes comes with Morrison

Drums: Mitch Mitchell

Now I figure they could all work well together, Similar styles and influences, all from the best time period of modern music (my view). What more could I want from a band?

Band 1, more metal-horrorpunk

Vocals: Glenn Danzig

Guitar: John Christ of Danzig

Bass: Me (not any bassists for the type of music stick out, but I play it, so... =])

Drums: Chris "Babyhorse" Prophet of HORSE the Band

Band 2, PUNKRAWK

Vocals: Greg Graffin of Bad religion

Guitar: Steven Egerton of the Descendents or Greg Hetson of Bad Religion

Bass: Matt Freeman of Rancid

Drums: Bill Stevenson of the Descendents

panicpantsim9.jpg

It was a between him and Freddy Mercury, who probaley would have fit better. :P You sould post yours How2PK

Nah, that would be just putting up your favorite musicians. And I don't want to do that, and I haven't got enough 'ear' to say who and who would fit together to put something up that would work.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I didn't go for who would work well togeather, maybe I'll revise my list to be that way. I just imagined it as if they all got togeather, how would each individual styles influence eachother.

I changed my list and decided that it would be best to have fantasy bands with members that would work well with eachother. I know this contradicts what I've been saying but I see that it doesn't really make sense to have completley clashing styles.

Vocals: [Winston McCall - Parkway Drive]

Guitar: [Kevin Cameron - I Killed The Prom Queen]

Bass: [steve Harris - Iron Maiden] or [Clint Norris - As I Lay Dying]

Keyboards: [Janne Warman - Children of Bodom]

Drums: [Dennis Morgan - Waking The Cadaver]

That would be quite cool.

I've already found the near-perfect band (For my preferences). It's Streetlight Manifesto. If they had a few slower songs they would be perfect, but I think it's hard to write a good, slow ska song,

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

My perfect band is already a band - Rush. I think they're very well-respected, and that's proven by the fact that at least half of the posts on this thread had a Rush member in them (mostly Neil Peart <3:<3:<3: ). And, in the Greatest Bassist Ever thread, near half of those had Geddy Lee <3:<3:<3: in there somewhere.

I realize there's a lot of <3: 's in that post. But Rush are simply amazing.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Vocals:Alexi Laiho - Children of Bodom

Lead Guitar:Matt Heafy - Trivium

Secondary Guitar:Synyster Gates - Avenged Sevenfold

Rythm Guitar:Zacky Vengeance - Avenged Sevenfold

Bass:Peter Iwers - In Flames (Only for the weak drool/)

Keyboards:Janne Viljami "Warman" Wirman - Children of Bodom

Drums:David Silveria - KoRn

]

I LOVE my melodic metal :)

siggy.jpg

^Click Siggy for Blog^

Vocals: Maynard(Tool/A Perfect Circle)

Lead Guitar: Daron (System of a Down) or Jimi Hendix haha would love to see him try metal

Secondary Guitar: Matthew Bellamy (Muse)

Bass: Shavo (System of a Down)

Keyboards: Serj (System of a Down)

Drums: Lars(Metallica)

i would kill to hear a song by a band like this :twisted:

kirby-sig.gif