Diagonal movements of NPCs... Good or Bad? +Added VID+

FastForce

I kinda noticed this but didn't really think about it. If you think about it that might be good for you dkers because the prices could go up a tiny bit on the drops. Otherwise I think its a good update. Getting a firecape has been easier and easier with new clue scroll items, prayer switching with still attacking, and some other things (although I like it getting easier since I don't have a fire cape 8-)) so that should be a little more challenging

Edit- could someone confirm that the safespots in barrows have or haven't been nerfed. Becuase if they are then that ruins the whole method of not using a prayer pot.

I cant confirm it 100% as i havent been there but this update only applies to NPC's that cover 2 or more squares so they should still work

99 Range - 88 Defence - 91 Hitpoints

99 Combat - 1650+ Total

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found this on the rsof...

The diagonal movement of monsters was done deliberately. By a guy who's on holiday, so I can't ask him anything about it.

So I guess we'll have to wait to find out whether it'll stay or not.

Hm i hope he stays on holiday forever. Either that or doesn't change his mind about the diagonal movements. Everythings find the way it is. Duo melee/mage is stil possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I have confirmation from Jagex that it was a "bug" before and they so called "Fixed" it now. (I had a topic but they hide the message because it's supposed to be "confidential" and locked).

Pm me if you want the pic =)

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

You move a monster from one side of the room to the other, with the clear intention of trying to get them killed. You're scum, and you are no better than the people who used to drag people into the wildy when they would trade at the edge before the ditch. You all argue that it is "their fault" but that still doesn't make it right. Oh, that's right, it's "just pixels" isn't it? Nevermind the time those people spent getting their "pixels" that you so deliberately stole from them without any remorse. You are an example of why the community is in such shambles.

Regardless of whether or not they are "unprepared," you purposely try to kill them to loot their items. You purposely sabotage innocent players, and that makes you a scavenger and a scumbag.

td2sig.jpg

it IS their fault. the dks where never meant to be fought how they are.

btw ur a pc product, nice 99 99 99 with 98hp ROFL. pc products ruined rs more than "lurers" did. 100k youve never dked in ur life btw.

btw ur a pc product, nice 99 99 99 with 98hp ROFL. pc products ruined rs more than "lurers" did. 100k youve never dked in ur life btw.

Regardless of how they were MEANT to be fight, it's the most efficient way to kill them now. And I am NOT a PC product. I have played since RSC, dude. Oh, and do you see 85 slayer? Tell me again I am a PC product. FYI, 99 99 99 only requires 39m combat exp, which does not equal 13m HP exp. Oh, and if you had bothered to check the Hiscores, you'd see I am around 35k from 99 HP.

td2sig.jpg

Innovation is almost always good. I don't think this will affect it too much as I have gone to hunt Rex after reading this thread and I didn't notice that much difference actually... Yeah if you get lured you'll lose food, or even die, but that's just part of the game now.

Since you took the initiative to bash stats by calling me a PC product, I would like to point out that your highest stat is 72 HP, and that I have more experience in any one of my combat stats than you have on your entire account. Try raising your skills and making money honorably, rather than stealing the items of other players. :x

PS: You accused me of never doing DKs, when it's highly unlikely you ever did them, yourself, with those stats.

td2sig.jpg

It's great =D> :thumbsup:

It makes monsters harder whihc we need everyone is always safe spotting everything.

Well now those lvl 60's with fire capes are gonna get owned now. Which i think is great!

Also we needed stuff harder peopel just killed stuff too easy with mage and range.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

well ive only ever been on dk trips where there have been only mages (all duo except i soloed once) and i must say that luring rex to safespot reallly doesnt take much effort.

as i said ive never been on a mage/melee duo so i dont know how thats been affected but people are just gonna have to get over it.

one thing i am dissapointed is, is the fight caves where im worried about the 180s :oops:

anyways thought id put in my say, kthxbai <3:

gofsiggycr2.png

DK Drops (duo) - 4 - 1x D Axe 1x Berserker, 2x Warrior. Drag Drops - 1 - 1x Skirt.

Barrows Drops - 14 - 1x G spear, 3x K skirt , 2x k x-bow, 1x k top, 2x v flail, 1x v brassard, 1x dh body, 1x dh legs and 2x dh helm.

Proud owner of a fighter torso

I think death's a little harsh. Stats-wipe and bans, maybe.

You just know that he's gonna screw up the next lure he does resulting in his own death, meaning that the honest DKers get all those items he scammed... Karma is coming, hiding won't do nothing...

i lose a d mace and granite shield if i die.

They also weren't intended to be used as weapons. #-o

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

By itself, it is ofcourse a good change. The pathing of large monsters used to look pretty awful.

While it obviously has some impact on the gameplay as well, I doubt people will be unable to adapt and come up with new strategies to tackle things like Fight Caves.

They also weren't intended to be used as weapons. #-o

its their problem not mine.

Thank God fort this, I always fell asleep DK'ing, maybe it'll be somewhat hard now.

Probably not. Still, hopefully this combined with with lurers like m4tty will get the weenies out of the Lair so the real DK'ers can do the killing.

m4tty, nice trolling by the way :-k . I'd give you a cookie, but you seem like your more of an up-and-coming amateur at the job. Things you need to improve on: you need to post every three posts to even get a spark (let alone a flame), and the trolling factor within your posts are so obvious it's almost sad. Odds are you don't even have the stats to lure, and definitely not the skills for it. That's just an educated guess though.

Don't worry though. Give it a few years, you may be pretty decent at trolling! Maybe even as good as plx! [hey, we can give the noobie hope, right? No harm in that.]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

hope this doesnt make dragon axe prices rise seeing how it affects DK... Im halfway to affording one! \'

Barrows Runs: ~75

Days Spent Barrowing: 3

Barrows Drops: Verac Skirt, Guthan Helm, Karil Coif, Ahrim Robetop, Ahrim Hood, Guthan Spear, Ahrim Skirt