age limit to love?

andufusthebronze

I can't help but feel sorry for you Striker.

Every post I see written by you is negative or spiteful.

I'm not offended by you, I'd imagine you're another ignorant teenager sat at his computer all day picking arguments with people across the internet.

Look at yourself.

Are you kidding? He brings this forum the cynical tone it needs. He's the realist that counters all these annoying idealistic attitudes :P .

Admit it, this place'd be boring if everyone was cheery, idealistic, happy and agreeable :P .

Oh, and no no :shame: on the condescending attitude.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not offended by you, I'd imagine you're another ignorant teenager sat at his computer all day picking arguments with people across the internet.

Look at yourself.

Are you kidding? He brings this forum the cynical tone it needs. He's the realist that counters all these annoying idealistic attitudes :P .

Admit it, this place'd be boring if everyone was cheery, idealistic, happy and agreeable :P .

Oh, and no no :shame: on the condescending attitude.

If he has a realist view on life, that's not a problem, that does bring a level of debate into the forum. It's because when someone challenges his statements or beliefs, he insults them. I think most people come to the off-topic forum because they want to see a debate WITHOUT the pointless insults.

(And besides, if I wanted to see people insulting eachother over the internet, I could go onto YouTube , BAZING! :P ).

I laugh at anybody under the age of say about 18 that say they're in love :?

I turned 18 yesterday, when do I get my heart in a giftbox? So I didn't love my gf two days ago, but do now? BS.

Haha, well what can I say? It's a general statement I mean it for teenagers really.

Look at yourself.

I'm suprised you had the nerve to reply after I slaughtered you with that last statement which you know is true. Didn't you realise? That was your que to leave this discussion because it was discovered that you have illuminated the very point I was making. If all you can do is boast to a bunch of younger teenagers (on the Internet) that you have a girlfriend and they don't how are you mature enough to love anyone?

Let me (hopefully) get the message through this time BYE BYE THOSETHEBROKES YOU GOT OWNED.

If he has a realist view on life, that's not a problem, that does bring a level of debate into the forum. It's because when someone challenges his statements or beliefs, he insults them. I think most people come to the off-topic forum because they want to see a debate WITHOUT the pointless insults.

Hmm, that comment I made about the Bible was meant as a joke, I thought it would be obvious but you didn't get it. Oh well, sarcasm on the Internet is a no no I suppose :-k

Striker, you're being idiotically closeminded here.

I can safely say that i've been in love, and i'm only 16. And before you say it was only my sex drive, ponder on the fact that I never went out with that person, my love for that person was so strong that I let her go out with another guy because I knew she would be happier with him. Imagine how heart wrenching that was, and since it lasted well over a year (my love) despite the fact that I never even got to call her my girlfriend or even consider the possibility of sex (which was never a factor anyway), I know it was love.

So yeah, you can talk all you want about how there's a cut off point at 18, but the fact is you know nothing, absolutely nothing about love if you think you have to be 18 to experience it and before that it's just a sex drive.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I've been in love, and I might be in love. I'm only seventeen years-old.

Just because it hasn't happened to you.. that doesn't mean it can't happen. After all, you wouldn't know.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Striker, you're being idiotically closeminded here.

I can safely say that i've been in love, and i'm only 16. And before you say it was only my sex drive, ponder on the fact that I never went out with that person, my love for that person was so strong that I let her go out with another guy because I knew she would be happier with him. Imagine how heart wrenching that was, and since it lasted well over a year (my love) despite the fact that I never even got to call her my girlfriend or even consider the possibility of sex (which was never a factor anyway), I know it was love.

So yeah, you can talk all you want about how there's a cut off point at 18, but the fact is you know nothing, absolutely nothing about love if you think you have to be 18 to experience it and before that it's just a sex drive.

I'll second that. Also, the person I love only fell for me because I was there for her when her ex finished with her and she needed someone else to talk to when she was feeling lonely in the aftermath. Was that driven by a sexual desire to be with me while she still wanted to be with her ex? Was I there for her because I wanted to get into her knickers? If you want to continue calling me that shallow, then that's your opinion, but I can safely assure you those were not the reasons we fell in love with one another, or the reason I still love her.

People throw the word "love" around like it's nothing until they're about 20.

If I was 13 again, the last thing I'd be worrying about it some stupid little girl. I wasted way too much time on that crap.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

People throw the word "love" around like it's nothing until they're about 20.

If I was 13 again, the last thing I'd be worrying about it some stupid little girl. I wasted way too much time on that crap.

Yeah I agree, but that doesn't change how I felt about her.

You can't just declare because you think you "loved" somebody I'm automatically wrong. Assassin it sounds like you're giving yourself excuses "she would have been happier" sounds like you were too much of a coward to speak to her. I'm also a spineless coward when it comes to women but atleast I know I am... Ginger Warrior same, just because you cared for a girl does not mean you have loved her. As males you know it was on your mind, hey if you can befriend the girl and then get her it simply makes for a different tactic.

For the ultimate goal.

But I don't believe people set out in the first place to fall in love with someone when starting a relationship when your a teenager going through high school, its more just to have a good time with someone of the opposite sex.

Exactly. The people who set out to find girlfriends are the ones that only want them for show. Going through girl by girl seeing which one you possibly might like higher than the others isn't true love. BUT what about the other people who don't set out to find a girl? Those who become attracted to this one person and only this one person and after some time (weeks, months, years) they go out*?

*Isn't there some other way of saying 'go out'? Jeez, it sounds like you just want 'em for show <.<

Um Date Have a Relationship with theres a couple more. ::'

And yeah in that case, its the exception but I still think its incredibly rare. Particularly for both to be in love with each other at such a young age. And in love I mean in love, wanting to spend the rest of your life with them. Well you'd hope they'd be thinking like that if they were truely in love.

Oh of course, I'm not going to deny it is quite rare. You'll see a guy get ran over by a bike before you'll see two 10 year olds deeply in love. :P

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Hmm, that comment I made about the Bible was meant as a joke, I thought it would be obvious but you didn't get it. Oh well, sarcasm on the Internet is a no no I suppose :-k

I'm not talking about just that, Striker (but while we're on that subject, you don't have a good sense of humor, 'cause it wasn't funny insulting someone just 'cause you were wrong) . You insult people all the time. Hell, you called Thosethebrokes and idiot just earlier on in this thread. So please, don't play the innocent "who, me?" act. :|

I've experienced agapic love and I'm only 15...

Personally, I don't believe there is an actual age limit. I do not know of anything that can prevent a young child from experiencing that kind of love... (as in relationship-wise)

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I'm not talking about just that, Striker (but while we're on that subject, you don't have a good sense of humor, 'cause it wasn't funny insulting someone just 'cause you were wrong) . You insult people all the time. Hell, you called Thosethebrokes and idiot just earlier on in this thread. So please, don't play the innocent "who, me?" act. :|

You can't tell someone they don't have a good sense of humour thats just cruel. How was I wrong anyway? I was joking if thats what you mean...so in that aspect I suppose I was wrong. Thosethebrokes is an idiot and if you listened to what I was saying you would agree with me, he only wanted a girlfriend to boast about, he doesn't "love" her. Although you're right, I should actually be thankful for him proving my argument.

But I'm flattered that you care that much about me to be continually taking up a conversation with me. Am I your idol on this forum? Do you aspire to be like me? Because it figures!

I've experienced agapic love and I'm only 15...

Personally, I don't believe there is an actual age limit. I do not know of anything that can prevent a young child from experiencing that kind of love... (as in relationship-wise)

Shoot to kill, not to feed, Shoot to kill, not to feed.

Oh WELL TOO LATE, usually I would leave because I have won this argument but you're another one always leeching off the relationship board about how you can get a girlfriend. To look cool for your friends no doubt!

You guys are damaging sensible people like Assassin's debating structure :lol:

You can't tell someone they don't have a good sense of humour thats just cruel. How was I wrong anyway? I was joking if thats what you mean...so in that aspect I suppose I was wrong. Thosethebrokes is an idiot and if you listened to what I was saying you would agree with me, he only wanted a girlfriend to boast about, he doesn't "love" her. Although you're right, I should actually be thankful for him proving my argument.

But I'm flattered that you care that much about me to be continually taking up a conversation with me. Am I your idol on this forum? Do you aspire to be like me? Because it figures!

Thanks for proving my point Striker. And don't worry, I won't bother you anymore if it's giving you the impression that I idolise you. I'll just leave it where it is, I'm probably just giving you the attention that you display that you want through inulsting people anyway.

I don't care if you don't believe me. I know I've experienced it and can care less what others think. I doubt you even have the balls to die for someone that you love.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

You can't just declare because you think you "loved" somebody I'm automatically wrong. Assassin it sounds like you're giving yourself excuses "she would have been happier" sounds like you were too much of a coward to speak to her. I'm also a spineless coward when it comes to women but atleast I know I am... Ginger Warrior same, just because you cared for a girl does not mean you have loved her. As males you know it was on your mind, hey if you can befriend the girl and then get her it simply makes for a different tactic.

For the ultimate goal.

You're making blind assumptions there.

Namely, that I was too cowardly to talk to her, that's false, I was the first, and I was the first to know that she didn't want to go out with me and would rather go out with my best mate. But we stayed friends, as much as it hurt, and loved her from a distance, until something else happened, and all hell broke loose.

If you told me that you honestly loved a girl then I would not even dare to think that I could tell you otherwise. So don't try it with me, becauses you've got no idea, really, you don't.

I don't care if you don't believe me. I know I've experienced it and can care less what others think. I doubt you even have the balls to die for someone that you love.

Somebody has been watching too many Disney movies, what are you going to tell me next? "Dreams can come true" :XD:

Assassin what you said is important because it shows that when rejected you were obviously in a position of great emotional trouble. But I can't really reply properly to your point as I don't know enough details and never will and I am not one to force my opinion on anyone either. But when you start bringing in real life examples (which I guess was inevitable) it clouds over the whole discussion.

But as a wise Poopingman once said girls are just as immature throughout that age as guys, they too (as you woefully found out) are not in a position to love somebody. As girls are really insensitive and superficial at that age, fickle and foolish but they get sorted out (I hope) and see the appeal of a nice guy no longer the hard nut jerks.

Come directly from my experiance I do believe that you can love someone before most others, but if you really did, weather or not other people agreed with it wouldn't really be an issue.

I think younger people tend to use relationships as another way to gain friends and show off, but i'm not stereotyping all of them. I just find that in most cases this seems to be true. Or " I'm just 'dating' them because they're there " kinda things.

I'm 14, and i've been with a girl of mine for two years now. I'm not saying i'm proud or i'm better than anyone else my age, but I think I can somewhat relate to the topic. I don't see if weather or not I love her could really make a differance in this topic, but what I do know is that I love to spend time with her, and she makes me happy, and she feels the same. I think it all depends on what you think love is. If you want to say we're in love, so be it. Someone else might think we're just friends. Whatever way you want to spin it, I don't think it matters as a couple if society agrees with it.

I know exactly what you're saying. I'm pretty much in the same situation. I'm 14 and have been dating this guy for 2 years also. We spend as much time together as possible even though it's really hard because his parents don't really like me and my brother doesn't really like him, but we try. We've had our hard times, yes, but we've made it through. He makes me happier than I've ever been before. I was going through a really rough time with my family and stuff before we met but he's helped me throuh all of it. He's always been there for me and I've always been there for him. I personally think it's love but if you have a different opinion that's fine.
Stupid and wilderness go hand in hand. Like cookies and milk, or Paris Hilton and jail.

So you're saying there is absolutly no love whatsoever and we are all sex-hungry?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

words.

I have a question for you.

Do you think ALL persons under the age of 18 are unable to experience 'true love'?

That's the key issue here; if you meant your earlier statements as general and only indicative of the greater percentage of teenagers - then I have no problem with you.

If you actually hold the view that all persons under 18 cannot experience 'true love' whatsoever, then I would have to reiterate the fundamental problem I have with this perspective as demarcated in my post a page ago.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

I think its simple, loving is not something that a human is born with, more something that is learned or realised later on in life. This realisation can happen at any time during a person's life - be it in their early teens, later teens or never at all - its certainly possible to see people who have never learned to love.

So to put an exact age barrier is silly, you don't just hop over the line of love on a certain birthday, but in no way are you just born capable of knowing and understanding love either, in my opinion that can only come through experience and care.

words.

I have a question for you.

Do you think ALL persons under the age of 18 are unable to experience 'true love'?

That's the key issue here; if you meant your earlier statements as general and only indicative of the greater percentage of teenagers - then I have no problem with you.

If you actually hold the view that all persons under 18 cannot experience 'true love' whatsoever, then I would have to reiterate the fundamental problem I have with this perspective as demarcated in my post a page ago.

I believe Striker may just be wording it the wrong way. Simply put, most teens are too immature to experience/understand love. Not to say theres any solid, well-worn age limit in which it becomes possible. I would assume it varies from person to person, but sits at or around 20 or up.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I believe Striker may just be wording it the wrong way. Simply put, most teens are too immature to experience/understand love. Not to say theres any solid, well-worn age limit in which it becomes possible. I would assume it varies from person to person, but sits at or around 20 or up.

Well that's obvious. Most teens are too immature and ignorant to understand a wide variety of things. But that doesn't give people the right to say "teens can never be in love."

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Whenever I've encountered little kids in relationships, it's been because they thought it was the "right thing to do". I'm not going to deny that young people can have complicated emotions... but I've never encountered a couple under say 16 that I could believe were in love.

That's not to say it's impossible -- just that I've never seen it.