age limit to love?

andufusthebronze

Here is my question to you. In modern day society, is there an age limit to love?

For example, if you hear about a ten year old couple, most people will laugh, and call it stupid. I am one to challenge the laughers. Who are you to say they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t love each other? I mean, even if it isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t likely to last, quite a lot of adults relationships donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t last either, yet people donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t laugh when they hear about a twenty year old couple.

But, now I am thirteen, ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅsocietyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think society stops laughing at 13 year old relationships? The whole reason people put an 'age limit' on love is because when your young you tend to throw the term around. The majority of teenage relationships can't last a week before they think there in love. Now I'm not saying that it can't exist, because it is possible. But i haven't seen any evidence.

untitled-1.png

Yea, it's prejudice and annoying, but I believe there is reason behind it.

One of the problems is that many kids so young haven't hit puberty. When somebody matures they go through a lot of mental and physical changes that might be a turn-off to their once "true" love.

With teens things tend to be a lot more superficial, and people often mistake true love for a sense of attraction (usually physical attraction).

Its not prejudice, 11 year olds are not in LOVE. Not in the real sense that you get when you are older. I dont think there is a majical age where all of a sudden someoen is capable but 9 times out of 10 the average young teen is not as mature as they think they are.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

@ Venomai.

Yes this is true, but I have know relationships from teens to last. My sister (20) started going out with her current boyfriend at 14, so there is love there.

@ Justin_m23.

Well, I have heard a lot less laughs about once you enter the teen years of life

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

Its not prejudice, 11 year olds are not in LOVE. Not in the real sense that you get when you are older. I dont think there is a majical age where all of a sudden someoen is capable but 9 times out of 10 the average young teen is not as mature as they think they are.

Yes, but why stereotype that last tenth?

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

because 100% of the 90% think they are in the latter 10%

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Well, I have heard a lot less laughs about once you enter the teen years of life

I guess it does decrease to an extent. I guess no one can actually explain to you what the difference is, you'll just have to wait and see.

untitled-1.png

I would be one to say love knows not age, but in my experiences growing up, relationships are no more than status symbols at younger ages, moving into sexual infatuations into the mid-late teenage years. From my years at school, I have not experience, or observed true love in any sense, its just how public schools are these days..

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

There is, because a good percentage of little kids find the other gender disgusting.

"Boys r stoopid thro rocks at them!"

Also, love is an advanced concept; it evolves as we grow older. In hormonal teenage years, love and lust are often confused. Until people are older and more mature, it is difficult for them to understand the responsibilities and qualities of love [i'm not talking about marriage, don't get confused].

happiehour.jpeg

abelmisi, you do make a good point. Your personal definition of love changes as you grow older.

And mericifull, that is rather confusing, but I think I get it, and I also think that when people lust they actually do know.

and from what seem's to be the forums definition, I do think a teenager can have 'real' love.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

Yes this is true, but I have know relationships from teens to last. My sister (20) started going out with her current boyfriend at 14, so there is love there.

I know lots of people who've been in a relationship for much longer than that but still found in the end that it wasn't "true" love.

I'm not saying it's impossible, its just not common.

on the other hand 13 year olds and above will want to kiss each other etc.
That is lust sir, not love.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Sure why not, they can love. But it's a very very very very small percentage that they really do. The percentage of you dying today is the percentage that a young couple loves each other. It gets smaller as you decrease age as well. The percentage increases as your increase age, but it applies to the average. I still see 20 year olds date women for a week and leave...

But anyway, the possiblity of a 10 year old truly loving someone is highly unlikely, just confusing lust for love, but the tiny possiblity is still there.

Did I tell you it's a small chance? :-w

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

There is a possibility of a friendship lasting since both partners were at the age of 10 developing into a relationship, but not until they're at least 16/17. The fact is 10 year olds haven't hit puberty and haven't developed the hormones required to "love" someone in that way, and thus in my opinion, it's impossible for them to do so.

Oh I don't know, I think you cannot get some pre-pubescent kids who have a really strong bond/attraction to each other. It probably doesn't develop sexually until a bit later, but maybe it is love. Who knows?

Let's face it, it's impossible to say who is and who is not in love. It's not like there's a checklist. Just because the vast majority of 10 year olds probably aren't in love it doesn't mean it's impossible.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Come directly from my experiance I do believe that you can love someone before most others, but if you really did, weather or not other people agreed with it wouldn't really be an issue.

I think younger people tend to use relationships as another way to gain friends and show off, but i'm not stereotyping all of them. I just find that in most cases this seems to be true. Or " I'm just 'dating' them because they're there " kinda things.

I'm 14, and i've been with a girl of mine for two years now. I'm not saying i'm proud or i'm better than anyone else my age, but I think I can somewhat relate to the topic. I don't see if weather or not I love her could really make a differance in this topic, but what I do know is that I love to spend time with her, and she makes me happy, and she feels the same. I think it all depends on what you think love is. If you want to say we're in love, so be it. Someone else might think we're just friends. Whatever way you want to spin it, I don't think it matters as a couple if society agrees with it.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

I laugh at anybody under the age of say about 18 that say they're in love :?

Why?

Well I don't really "laugh", I just don't believe you can be in love when you're still growing and your hormones are stirring, too much going on.

Yes, but why stereotype that last tenth?

Lol!! God.. I don't know if I found that funny because I used to take psychology or what.. That's like the whole purpose of stereotyping.

Almost like if 95% of ducks can swim but there's 5% of ducks that just can't swim then it's not wrong for people to stereotype and say 'All ducks can swim'.

The point is that because the majority of kids in a relationship are nowhere near love, then people will assume that all kids in a relationship can't be in love.. common sense.. :|

Anywho, my definition of love strongly involves committment to the other person, and to me, very very few people are capable of that in Western soceity below the age of 16.

I think it's more to do with how mature the couple are, and of course maturity comes with age..

calvinandhobbessigedite.png