age limit to love?

andufusthebronze

I believe Striker may just be wording it the wrong way. Simply put, most teens are too immature to experience/understand love. Not to say theres any solid, well-worn age limit in which it becomes possible. I would assume it varies from person to person, but sits at or around 20 or up.

Well that's obvious. Most teens are too immature and ignorant to understand a wide variety of things. But that doesn't give people the right to say "teens can never be in love."

Well thats the thing, its not impossible. Its just highly unlikely, big difference.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

words.

I have a question for you.

Do you think ALL persons under the age of 18 are unable to experience 'true love'?

That's the key issue here; if you meant your earlier statements as general and only indicative of the greater percentage of teenagers - then I have no problem with you.

If you actually hold the view that all persons under 18 cannot experience 'true love' whatsoever, then I would have to reiterate the fundamental problem I have with this perspective as demarcated in my post a page ago.

I believe Striker may just be wording it the wrong way. Simply put, most teens are too immature to experience/understand love. Not to say theres any solid, well-worn age limit in which it becomes possible. I would assume it varies from person to person, but sits at or around 20 or up.

Of course, but Striker is saying EVERYONE under the age of 18 and even up... :roll:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

words.

Do you think ALL persons under the age of 18 are unable to experience 'true love'?

That's the key issue here; if you meant your earlier statements as general and only indicative of the greater percentage of teenagers - then I have no problem with you.

If you actually hold the view that all persons under 18 cannot experience 'true love' whatsoever, then I would have to reiterate the fundamental problem I have with this perspective as demarcated in my post a page ago.

Of course, but Striker is saying EVERYONE under the age of 18 and even up... :roll:

The question is: Is the percentage of immature teens high enough for someone (Striker, for instance) to go ahead and say "all teens are too immature" and get away with it. With this thread as testament, the answer is no.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

words.

The question is: Is the percentage of immature teens high enough for someone (Striker, for instance) to go ahead and say "all teens are too immature" and get away with it. With this thread as testament, the answer is no.

I'd say yes, simply because most people talking about love here are the ones that boast about their GF's on the Relationship Sticky :-s

im in highschool and everyone tells me im too young for love still, and im going to be a senior, it pisses me off because ive been in love, i know how wonderful it feels to fall asleep everynight knowing there is someone out there who cares for you as much as you care for them, and i know how bad it feels when you get your heart broken, but everyone i know who is an adult says im too young.

its annoying and stupid.

coolio0wjos1.jpg

My WoW character, gnome warlock Saldomar

I'd say yes, simply because most people talking about love here are the ones that boast about their GF's on the Relationship Sticky :-s

Way to prove us right.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Guest Kickpointy
Its not prejudice, 11 year olds are not in LOVE. Not in the real sense that you get when you are older. I dont think there is a majical age where all of a sudden someoen is capable but 9 times out of 10 the average young teen is not as mature as they think they are.
I'm 14 and my longest realationship was from 3rd grade to 7th grade. If she wouldn't have move we would still be dating. So no, I think it isnt stupid.

Well there are exceptions to everything, however I don't believe this thread has proved this testament and I also have never met any teenager that I believe is in love.

HAR HAR HAR.

The irony, it's exactly what we have been saying.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Well there are exceptions to everything, however I don't believe this thread has proved this testament and I also have never met any teenager that I believe is in love.

HAR HAR HAR.

The irony, it's exactly what we have been saying.

The exceptions I'm talking about are much smaller than the exceptions you're talking about :P

10 year olds can know what love is

in my opinion if you love someone you love them you cant say you dont know love because your 10

I Totaley agree lol!

Are you two a ten-year-old couple, by any chance?
mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

I look at teenage couples, and their "relationships" seem based on superficial feelings, nothing deep or intense. I wouldn't even call those things crushes, heh don't even mention love, there's no passion or desire or any feelings, they just hang out in public places like a bunch of idiots. They just seem to enjoy the attention, or the social status 'having a bf/gf' gives. I'm not saying everyone is like that, but 95% of teenage couples are.

Age limit? No. But teenage relationships are for most superficial.

2480+ total

I have.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

I have.

Me too.

Hey Striker, you're already wrong, again.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

So it's all up to you to decide what constitutes love? Just like you said, striker, there are exceptions to everything. There seem to be quite a few of these exeptions attesting to your incorrect belief that people under 18 can't love.

Am I getting this right? Do you really believe that 18 is the magical age at which love automatically becomes possible? Or is that just what you want? Is that just the criteria that you use to judge if people are in love?

I have.

Me too.

Well I don't believe you.

I'm not saying its explicitly 18, its just that is the age people start maturing more.

People mature at different rates depending entirely on what happens during their life.

18 is just some superficial age at which some person - some time ago - said this is when we pretend it makes a difference.

I have.

Me too.

Well I don't believe you.

I'm not saying its explicitly 18, its just that is the age people start maturing more.

You see, that was the only issue I had with your comment, the drawing of a distinct line where people can or can't know or have love.

Now that you've put that 'disclaimer' of sorts, I have no problem with you.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Haha, Striker does it again. Single-handedly he takes on the hoards of angry OT'ers. Strangely enough, I'm on his side in this argument. I have severe reservations with the claims of all who so vehemently vow they know what love is. How come I don't hear anybody say: "Haven't the foggiest, but I hope I'll know when I die."

Haha, Striker does it again. Single-handedly he takes on the hoards of angry OT'ers. Strangely enough, I'm on his side in this argument. I have severe reservations with the claims of all who so vehemently vow they know what love is. How come I don't hear anybody say: "Haven't the foggiest, but I hope I'll know when I die."

Sumpta - define love. I'm not saying for one minute teenagers have the capacity to love each other like a middle-aged couple can - they're still developing emotionally. But as a teenager, I still have the capacity to feel emotionally attached to someone else and to want to spend time with them and to also like them in a more caring way over a sexual desire to be with them. In these years, I'm defining who I am, and that involves working out who I feel emotionally attached to, and who I want to share my life with in a more long-term relationship.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the term "love" varies on what age you are. At 17, I believe that I love the person I do care for the most I can - for me that is love.

LOL, it appears now that Sumpta along with Chocodude has become one of my fans! :D

Welcome to the club we've got T-Shirts.

tshirt1vc7.th.png

Sumpta - define love.

I couldn't. I think I have loved, yes, more than once, actually, but it's just different every time. Classical true love, I doubt if it exists.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the term "love" varies on what age you are. At 17, I believe that I love the person I do care for the most I can - for me that is love.

Fair enough. This I can follow and believe. It implies that there is not one love, or one way of loving. It's this realisation that I was talking about, this is one of the things that makes a person mature, I think... Knowing not to have all the answers.

Welcome to the club we've got T-Shirts.

Don't push it. I have a good memory, I haven't forgiven you yet for insulting me :D.